Frankie757

Packet 3 Montreal

12 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hello,

I was informed this morning that Montreal has received our package from NVC for K1, this past Friday. DOS also advised me that they have sent out package 3 on the same date. My question is, can I have my fiancee go ahead and start filling out the required forms and submit them over, per link, http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/327503-canada-immigration-k1-guide-for-montreal/, or does she have to wait for the physical package which might include additional materials?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

P3 comes from Montreal not NVC.

Yes have her go ahead and fill everything out now and send it back with everything asap. The faster she moves the faster she can book an appointment.

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Your I-129f was approved in 5 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 67 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS was approved in 2 months and 8 days without interview.

ROC was approved in 3 months and 2 days without interview.

I am a Citizen of the United States of America. 04/16/13

Timeline

Oops, I meant that I was informed by DOS that Montreal has sent the packet 3 out to my fiancee. Thank you for the information. I will have my fiancee fill everything out and send the docs asap. Just two quick questions. I found this on link via the Montral website, http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/419236-packet-3-montreal, is this the correct packet 3 document? Also, where it says 1 copy for ds-156k and 2 copies for ds-156, does my fiancee need to submit exactly those copies for packet 3 and print additional copies out to take to our future interview?

We never received a physical package, just an email. This is packet 3 http://photos.state.gov/libraries/canada/303578/montreal/packet3-k1-mtl.pdf

You only need to send those in for packet 3, not for the interview.

Edited by Rob & Monika

2011-05-21: Matched on eharmony (clearly not in my 60 mile radius preference!)

2011-07-30: Met in Ottawa

2011-08-28: Day I knew I wanted to spend my life with her

2012-01-21: I proposed, outside in the freezing cold!

2012-02-06: Mailed out K-1 via FedEX

2012-02-10: NOA1

2012-08-01: NOA2

2012-08-17: Packet 3 received (email)

2012-09-10: Packet 3 sent

2012-09-12: Packet 4 received (email) with request for 2 photos

2012-10-29: Medical in Toronto

2012-11-06: Interview - Approved!

2013-04-05: POE Thousand Islands

2013-04-20: Wedding

Timeline

Thanks Rob & Monika and Inky. I appreciate the responses. I will have my fiancé start gathering the required material, fill out the forms and submit everything over to the Montreal US Consulate. One last quick question, is the below address the correct mailing address to send the documents via xpresspost for the Montreal Consulate?

US Consulate General

1155 Rue Alexandre

Montreal QC H3B 3Z1

or is it

315 Place d'Youville Suite 500

Montréal, Québec

H2Y 0A4

Edited by Frankie757

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

The mailing address is 315 Place D'Youville.

She should print an extra copy of every form for her own records and to bring to the interview just in case they lose the forms or something.

Edited by pocheros

I dug this out for ya:

This office is processing the below-referenced fiancé(e) visa case. In order to continue processing this case, please visit http://canada.usvisa-info.com/ to obtain information online or via telephone concerning the next steps you must take to pursue your application for a U.S. immigrant visa at the U.S. Consulate General in Montreal.

You must have Passport Number, Date of Birth, Nationality, MTL case number and visa category for each applicant (principal applicant and all family members, including children) ready in order to access the website. When prompted to select “Trip Purpose”, you must choose ‘Permanently Immigrate to the US.’ After entering your information, you will be prompted to select a DHL courier location. You will use DHL to provide documents to the Consulate, and the Consulate will return documents to you via DHL only. The courier service is provided to you at no cost. Please be sure to register for each applicant, including children. Please do not schedule an interview appointment at this time; appointments can only be scheduled once the consular section has reviewed your case.

Once you have registered at the above web site, please follow the link to http://photos.state.gov/libraries/canada/303578/montreal/packet3-k1-mtl.pdf to complete and return to the Immigrant Visa (IV) Unit the required application forms and checklist of documents to gather for the interview. Please complete the forms according to the visa category you are applying for; one checklist per family is sufficient. Please return the forms and checklist to the U.S. Consulate via the DHL courier location that you previously selected. This service is provided to you at no additional cost. Courier services are provided within Canada only.

Upon receipt of the required documents, please allow six weeks for the review of your case. Please make sure you have provided your e-mail address on the form DS-230 (field #13). Upon completion of the review, we will instruct you via the email address you provided to us to request an interview appointment through the website, http://canada.usvisa-info.com/ . When your case has been scheduled for an interview, you will be provided with information regarding the interview appointment and the required medical examination.

If your visa is approved at the time of the interview, it will be returned to you via DHL at the DHL office designated by you. Should you be required to submit additional documentation, you will follow the same procedure.

If you have any questions, you may submit your inquiry to http://canada.usvisa-info.com/. In all correspondence, please include your name and case number noted at the end of this letter.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Sincerely,

Immigrant Visa Unit

U.S. Consulate General Montréal

2011-05-21: Matched on eharmony (clearly not in my 60 mile radius preference!)

2011-07-30: Met in Ottawa

2011-08-28: Day I knew I wanted to spend my life with her

2012-01-21: I proposed, outside in the freezing cold!

2012-02-06: Mailed out K-1 via FedEX

2012-02-10: NOA1

2012-08-01: NOA2

2012-08-17: Packet 3 received (email)

2012-09-10: Packet 3 sent

2012-09-12: Packet 4 received (email) with request for 2 photos

2012-10-29: Medical in Toronto

2012-11-06: Interview - Approved!

2013-04-05: POE Thousand Islands

2013-04-20: Wedding

Timeline

Don't mean to keep bugging all you vjers, but I have another question. Packet 3 states that ds160 is required and needs to be filled out online prior to the Montreal Consulate interview (K1 visa). On the ds-160 form where it asks for the, application receipt/ petition number, should my fiancee put the MTL number or the VCS (EACxxxxxxxx) number? Please advise at your earliest convenience. Thanks in advance.

Timeline

Thank you for this. :-)

I dug this out for ya:

This office is processing the below-referenced fiancé(e) visa case. In order to continue processing this case, please visit http://canada.usvisa-info.com/ to obtain information online or via telephone concerning the next steps you must take to pursue your application for a U.S. immigrant visa at the U.S. Consulate General in Montreal.

You must have Passport Number, Date of Birth, Nationality, MTL case number and visa category for each applicant (principal applicant and all family members, including children) ready in order to access the website. When prompted to select “Trip Purpose”, you must choose ‘Permanently Immigrate to the US.’ After entering your information, you will be prompted to select a DHL courier location. You will use DHL to provide documents to the Consulate, and the Consulate will return documents to you via DHL only. The courier service is provided to you at no cost. Please be sure to register for each applicant, including children. Please do not schedule an interview appointment at this time; appointments can only be scheduled once the consular section has reviewed your case.

Once you have registered at the above web site, please follow the link to http://photos.state.gov/libraries/canada/303578/montreal/packet3-k1-mtl.pdf to complete and return to the Immigrant Visa (IV) Unit the required application forms and checklist of documents to gather for the interview. Please complete the forms according to the visa category you are applying for; one checklist per family is sufficient. Please return the forms and checklist to the U.S. Consulate via the DHL courier location that you previously selected. This service is provided to you at no additional cost. Courier services are provided within Canada only.

Upon receipt of the required documents, please allow six weeks for the review of your case. Please make sure you have provided your e-mail address on the form DS-230 (field #13). Upon completion of the review, we will instruct you via the email address you provided to us to request an interview appointment through the website, http://canada.usvisa-info.com/ . When your case has been scheduled for an interview, you will be provided with information regarding the interview appointment and the required medical examination.

If your visa is approved at the time of the interview, it will be returned to you via DHL at the DHL office designated by you. Should you be required to submit additional documentation, you will follow the same procedure.

If you have any questions, you may submit your inquiry to http://canada.usvisa-info.com/. In all correspondence, please include your name and case number noted at the end of this letter.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Sincerely,

Immigrant Visa Unit

U.S. Consulate General Montréal

Timeline

Question, does my fiance have to fill out both DS-230 parts I & II and send them both in as packet 3, or does she only need to send in part I? Please advise at your earliest convenience. Thanks all.

Edited by Frankie757

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.