GarynMarie

K-3 petition approved-question about the Affidavit of support

3 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hey Everyone-Well-Maries I129F and the I-130 petitions were both approved on the same day (Nov.3rd). My question is this- Is there a new affidavit of support form I should be aware of- whats this EZ form I read about?. When I was about to download the I864 i noticed that it said it expired on 10/16/06 or maybe it was 11/16/06(I forget) but anyway- Could someone please tell me the affidavit of support I will need to send Marie in the Philippines. Should I send her both of them because from what i read we wont know what one is needed until she is informed of which one they will want. I would rather just send her both to be on the safe side. Im not sure if it will make a difference in the type of affidavit I send but I am also using a co-sponsor because of a 6 month lay-off last year.

I also have another question-Will the NVC send me an email telling me when they send the approved petition to the US Embassy in Manila and will the consulate in manila notify me when they send the packet to Marie. I am signed up for emails from them. Thanks ahead of time-Gary

---------------------------------- Pre I-130 ----------------------------------------

Sep-03-2005 - Met Online,spent hours every night on Yahoo Messenger for weeks on end. Falling in Love

Jan-10-2006 - First trip to the Philippines(14 Days) to meet Marie. Our Love is confirmed.

Jan-14-2006 - Asked Marie to Marry me. She said Yes- the next 10 days were heaven

Jan-24-2006 - Had to go back the the U.S. Wasnt a good day.

Aug-01-2006 - Second Trip to see Marie.

Aug-15-2006 - We got married, It feels so right!

Aug-24-2006 - Back home to the U.S. Again. Leaving this time was by far worse than the last.

Sep-03-2006 - 1 year since Marie and I met online

---------------------------I-130 w/K3 intention ------------------------

Sep-05-2006 - I-130 sent to Nebraska - Thanks to the help of the forum our Journey begins

Sep-18-2006 - NOA1 for the I-130 received in mail

Sep-27-2006 - I-129F sent to Chicago

Oct-04-2006 - NOA1 for the I-129F Received in mail

Oct-12-2006 - Email from USCIS - I129F transferred to California Service Center on Oct. 11th

Oct-18-2006 - Email from California saying they received my I-129F for processing

Nov-02-2006 - Email from CRIS(early afternoon) -I129F approved

Nov-02-2006 - Email from CRIS (late at night) - I130 approved

Nov-06-2006 - I129F and I130 NOA2 received in mail-Hooray!!!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Gary, congrats on your approvals. The approvals will most likely hit the NVC for processing in about 7 to 10 days. I would start calling the NVC after a week to confirm they have received. They will be able to tell you when they send your k3 to the embassy as well as when the embassy receives it. Be sure to have your case numbers ready when you call them. If your looking at which one will process faster to get your wife here, that K3 will reach embassy long before NVC gets finished up and those fees you pay to NVC are not refundable so you have a decision to make and no one knows you and your wife like you do.

NVC - For immigrant visa inquiries, call the National Visa Center at 603-334-0700

Not sure on any new support forms, I went ahead prepared and sent both to my wife just in case our K1 ever caught up.

Good luck and Congrats!

Hey Everyone-Well-Maries I129F and the I-130 petitions were both approved on the same day (Nov.3rd). My question is this- Is there a new affidavit of support form I should be aware of- whats this EZ form I read about?. When I was about to download the I864 i noticed that it said it expired on 10/16/06 or maybe it was 11/16/06(I forget) but anyway- Could someone please tell me the affidavit of support I will need to send Marie in the Philippines. Should I send her both of them because from what i read we wont know what one is needed until she is informed of which one they will want. I would rather just send her both to be on the safe side. Im not sure if it will make a difference in the type of affidavit I send but I am also using a co-sponsor because of a 6 month lay-off last year.

I also have another question-Will the NVC send me an email telling me when they send the approved petition to the US Embassy in Manila and will the consulate in manila notify me when they send the packet to Marie. I am signed up for emails from them. Thanks ahead of time-Gary

04/25/2006 l married Cebu Philippines

11/28/2006 l Interview US Embassy Manila

12/15/2006 l Received k3 VISA

12/27/2006 l POE Detroit USA - Home!!!

AOS - Dallas DORA

07/17/2007 l AOS Interview - accepted into DORA 90 day program

09/06/2007 l Biometrics Appointment Dallas Texas

10/15/2007 l AOS Approved - received "Welcome to the United States" Letter

10/23/2007 l Received Greencard "Permanent Resident Card"

next: lift greencard 2yr condition June/2009 / goal: US Citizenship - 2010

Filed: Other Timeline

For the K3 interview she'll need the I-134 affidavit of support.

For the CR1 interview, she'll need the I-864.

The CR1 interview will be several months away, the K3 will most likely beat it there. You have a decision to make now. Do the K3 and have her move to the US and then adjust status. Or, do the K3 move to the US and return to the Phils for the CR1 interview in a few months.

divorced - April 2010 moved back to Ontario May 2010 and surrendered green card

PLEASE DO NOT PRIVATE MESSAGE ME OR EMAIL ME. I HAVE NO IDEA ABOUT CURRENT US IMMIGRATION PROCEDURES!!!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.