Alcatraz63

Packet 3 Help

6 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I called the DOS on Friday to check whether the London Embassy had received our case and they have. I have a few questions. I have my medical booked for 8th March. Obviously i haven't received the packet 3 info from the embassy yet as they only got the case on Friday.

I don't have to wait for the Embassy to mail me packet 3 link,right? As long as they have my file i can go ahead and send all my forms?

I have DS-230 Part 1 filled out. Part 2 is blank.

DS-156 & DS-157. Two Copies of each.

DS-156K.

Do i send the DS2001 and cover letter at the same time as all the other forms? :wacko:

I called the DOS on Friday to check whether the London Embassy had received our case and they have. I have a few questions. I have my medical booked for 8th March. Obviously i haven't received the packet 3 info from the embassy yet as they only got the case on Friday.

I don't have to wait for the Embassy to mail me packet 3 link,right? As long as they have my file i can go ahead and send all my forms?

I have DS-230 Part 1 filled out. Part 2 is blank.

DS-156 & DS-157. Two Copies of each.

DS-156K.

Do i send the DS2001 and cover letter at the same time as all the other forms? :wacko:

Do you want an answer correct for London or Manila or maybe Juarez. All consulates are different. Your UK specific info is in the UK forum. Try this answer http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/350185-london-2012-k1s-from-noa2-to-interview-thread/page__view__findpost__p__5137390

Because you know London has the file logged, you can get started sending the application forms.

Here's a copy of the letter http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/350185-london-2012-k1s-from-noa2-to-interview-thread/page__view__findpost__p__5180175

Edited by Nich-Nick

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

Timeline

Do you want an answer correct for London or Manila or maybe Juarez. All consulates are different. Your UK specific info is in the UK forum. Try this answer http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/350185-london-2012-k1s-from-noa2-to-interview-thread/page__view__findpost__p__5137390

Because you know London has the file logged, you can get started sending the application forms.

Sorry about that. Thanks for the link and info. So is it better to send the DS2001 off a few days after the forms?

Sorry about that. Thanks for the link and info. So is it better to send the DS2001 off a few days after the forms?

Do you have every document in hand already? Your police certificate, the I -134 from your fiancé with proof of income, name changes, court records for any arrests/cautions, etc? If so, you are free to mail it. If not, then wait until you have all documents on the London interview list. The purpose of the form is to say, I can come interview today if you call me because I have everything I need. My undocumented personal opinion is this order is London's game plan and works best.

1. Application forms
  2. Medical results
  3. DS-2001

But it is fine to mail 1 and 3 together if you are ready to interview. I don't think it puts you higher in the queue, but it saves postage.

England.gifENGLAND ---

10-05-08 Married

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

No RFEs

Timeline

Thanks for your response. My fiancée is here with me in the UK and therefore she is unemployed at the moment, so the last thing we have to fill out is her I-384 and she is unsure as to how to answer Question 7- 'I am employed as or engaged in the business of'- should we leave this field blank or is writing 'Unemployed' an acceptable answer to the London Embassy? For reference, her mother is the co-sponsor and has filled out her own I-384 for my K1.

We are also unsure as to how to answer on Question 11- 'I intend or do not intend to make specific contributions to the support of the persons named in item 3'. The savings we have was earned jointly between us but currently I am the one bringing in the income so I am not sure how she should best answer this.

We have a joint account with some savings in it, so should she declare half the amount as hers for the purpose of answering Question 7's lower portion where she declares the details of her finances?

Thanks for your response. My fiancée is here with me in the UK and therefore she is unemployed at the moment, so the last thing we have to fill out is her I-384 and she is unsure as to how to answer Question 7- 'I am employed as or engaged in the business of'- should we leave this field blank or is writing 'Unemployed' an acceptable answer to the London Embassy? For reference, her mother is the co-sponsor and has filled out her own I-384 for my K1.

We are also unsure as to how to answer on Question 11- 'I intend or do not intend to make specific contributions to the support of the persons named in item 3'. The savings we have was earned jointly between us but currently I am the one bringing in the income so I am not sure how she should best answer this.

We have a joint account with some savings in it, so should she declare half the amount as hers for the purpose of answering Question 7's lower portion where she declares the details of her finances?

All this has been covered in that UK K1 thread, so I'm not going to repeat it all again in this forum. Maybe somebody else will.

UK K1 thread http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/350185-london-2012-k1s-from-noa2-to-interview-thread/

England.gifENGLAND ---

10-05-08 Married

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

No RFEs

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.