beth65

mother's petition

24 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-5 Country: Philippines
Timeline

ame='beth65' timestamp='1362503812' post='6023390']

Ds

Yes, she can already gather all the docs needed with the ds 230 signed and have her mail them to you. Here's the complete list of civil documents:

1)original birth certificate-NSO issued for your mom

2)original marriage certificate-NSO issued

3)copy of passport biographic page - that has name, dob & place of birth of your mom

4)two passport photos - 2x2 colored

5)original police clearance/certificate

6)NBI clearance

good.gif

I'd just like to add with regards to the passport photos. Write Name, DOB & Case number at the back of each photos.

Make photocopies for each of those civil documents.

DS-230 Part I Signed

DS-230 Part II Unsigned

Include petitioner's civil documents like NSO BC & MC.

http://travel.state..../info_3195.html

Petitioner Documents

Who needs to submit petitioner documents?

If you are applying for an IR5 (Parent of a U.S. Citizen) visa, you are required to provide:

• Original or certified copy of your Petitioner’s birth certificate
  • Original or certified copy of your Petitioner’s marriage certificate from the Petitioner’s current and all previous marriages.

Edited by let-it-be

good.gif

I'd just like to add with regards to the passport photos. Write Name, DOB & Case number at the back of each photos.

Make photocopies for each of those civil documents.

DS-230 Part I Signed

DS-230 Part II Unsigned

Include petitioner's civil documents like NSO BC & MC.

http://travel.state..../info_3195.html

Petitioner Documents

Who needs to submit petitioner documents?

If you are applying for an IR5 (Parent of a U.S. Citizen) visa, you are required to provide:

• Original or certified copy of your Petitioner’s birth certificate
  • Original or certified copy of your Petitioner’s marriage certificate from the Petitioner’s current and all previous marriages.

Thanks Let-it-be. So, if I am petitioning both parents, Do I also need to provide my (2) original MC for both of them?

F2A Journey ( Daughter or LPR mom)

PD: 08/22/2013

NOA2: 11/15/2013

CASE NUMBER GENERATED: 12/16/2013

DS261 SENT: 12/16/2013

AOS PAID: 1/1/2014

AOS PACKET SENT:

IV PAID: 1/10/2014

IV PACKET SENT:

Timeline

Thanks Let-it-be. So, if I am petitioning both parents, Do I also need to provide my (2) original MC for both of them?

I included original marriage certificates (MINE) for each of my parents DS-230 packets. I didn't want to send photocopies. They are easy to secure from State Archives (Registrar). I'd rather not risk an RFE for them.

I had my mom get my NSO birth certificates (two) while she was getting theirs and she send (mail) them together with their civil documents. It is cheaper & faster than ordering them online.

I included original marriage certificates (MINE) for each of my parents DS-230 packets. I didn't want to send photocopies. They are easy to secure from State Archives (Registrar). I'd rather not risk an RFE for them.

I had my mom get my NSO birth certificates (two) while she was getting theirs and she send (mail) them together with their civil documents. It is cheaper & faster than ordering them online.

Ok, I'll do that. How do we secure from the state archive? My MC was issued at El Paso County(8 hour drive from Dallas) Can we secure it online then? Thanks again

AOS PACKET SENT:

IV PACKET SENT:

Timeline

Ok, I'll do that. How do we secure from the state archive? My MC was issued at El Paso County(8 hour drive from Dallas) Can we secure it online then? Thanks again

Yes, I think you can order online. good.gif Check online the location of your state's vital records office.

If it's close to where you live, just go there personally & get it. You'll get it in less than 20 minutes.

Yes, I think you can order online. good.gif Check online the location of your state's vital records office.

If it's close to where you live, just go there personally & get it. You'll get it in less than 20 minutes.

Thank you! :yes:

AOS PACKET SENT:

IV PACKET SENT:

Filed: FB-2 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

WAAAH, Trin, COngrats day! =) mabilis na niyan..

My petition for parents got approved last Feb.19 then I called NVC after few days and I was told they rec'd the information from USCIS in Feb. 26, also it will take up to 20 days for the case number to become available. I will call again after 20 days to follow up. What I'm tryng to do while waiting is have my parents gather the information we will need soon, like their orig civil docs, nbi clearance, passport photos, police clearance and they will also need to fill out and sign the ds 230 forms then mail them to me.

I just got an email that they have received our petition and routing it to NBC for processing.. does that mean anything?

😁

• 4 months later...
Filed: IR-5 Country: Bulgaria
Timeline

Has anyone heard or dealt with a situation where the marriage and divorce certificate are unobtainable? I am applying for my mom and she cannot obtain either of these documents for her first marriage. She was married in a church during communism and those marriages were not recognized. Would writing a letter to explain the situation suffice?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.