Kagebunshin

Tips on Medical Examination and Interview in the Philippines?

7 posts in this topic

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

My mother called NVC and our interview date is March 21, 2013. (Priority Date:Oct.27,2010-F2A)

March 21 is very near and they say Medical Examination should be done first before the interview. Probably at least one week before the Interview? And do we have to go there and get a schedule now or we'll have to wait for the "brown sealed envelope?" the one where you're not supposed to open it?

And once the interview is done, what's next? Is it true that after the interview you'll have to wait at least or max 15 business days for the visa. And once you've received the visa, is it ok to buy tickets?

Thanks. :)

Edited by Kagebunshin

PD: October 27, 2010.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Request for a copy of the interview appointment from your mom.

You should find information on medical exam here: http://www.slec.ph/

Make sure you fill out the registration form online so you do not have to do it manually at the clinic.

For the interview, you can find information here: http://photos.state.gov/libraries/manila/19452/public/Packet%204%20_appointment%20packet_%20English%20rtf%20_revised%20GSS_%20_2_%20rtf2_rtf__docx2_001.pdf

Also, I suggest to read up on the embassy reviews here: http://www.visajourney.com/reviews/index.php?cnty=Philippines&cty=&dfilter=5

Good luck!

I suggest go to a third party clicic first and have an ex ray and blood work.. well not kuch can be done now.

But based on experience, about 2-4 mos before our anticipated interviews (relatives and friends). We make it to the point to have our check ups so if there a problem. We can fix it. Because if they detect something in the imigration medical check up. Your interview will be moved to God knows when. And we dont want that. Believe me, it happened to an aunt. She had a spot on her lungs.

Edited by everafter0509

Timeline

Request for a copy of the interview appointment from your mom.

You should find information on medical exam here: http://www.slec.ph/

Make sure you fill out the registration form online so you do not have to do it manually at the clinic.

For the interview, you can find information here: http://photos.state.gov/libraries/manila/19452/public/Packet%204%20_appointment%20packet_%20English%20rtf%20_revised%20GSS_%20_2_%20rtf2_rtf__docx2_001.pdf

Also, I suggest to read up on the embassy reviews here: http://www.visajourney.com/reviews/index.php?cnty=Philippines&cty=&dfilter=5

Good luck!

Thank you so much! Those are really helpful. :)

Still waiting for the brown packet before filling a registration for the medical though.

I suggest go to a third party clicic first and have an ex ray and blood work.. well not kuch can be done now.

But based on experience, about 2-4 mos before our anticipated interviews (relatives and friends). We make it to the point to have our check ups so if there a problem. We can fix it. Because if they detect something in the imigration medical check up. Your interview will be moved to God knows when. And we dont want that. Believe me, it happened to an aunt. She had a spot on her lungs.

Luckily, I've had those done last August for school reasons, the result were normal. Thank you! :)

My grandmother had the same issues just like your aunt and it was really tiring for her to go back and forth because of those issues.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Still waiting for the brown packet before filling a registration for the medical though.

What brown packet? The visa packet? You will receive it when you're finished with the interview and you need to get your medical exam before your interview.

Timeline

What brown packet? The visa packet? You will receive it when you're finished with the interview and you need to get your medical exam before your interview.

My mom said we'll have to wait for the envelope that says our Interview date, but she already called and received an email about our IL. I don't know if she's mixed it up but we'll go to Manila for the medical this coming march 10 or 11.

Timeline

My mom said we'll have to wait for the envelope that says our Interview date, but she already called and received an email about our IL. I don't know if she's mixed it up but we'll go to Manila for the medical this coming march 10 or 11.

You don't need the brown packet.If you already have the interview appointment letter,you can proceed to St.lukes for your medical.

Be sure to register online www.slec.ph and requirements are listed here.

Edited by jcdg21

PD---OCTOBER 28, 2010

2010-10-28 I-130 Sent
2010-10-29 I-130 NOA1
2011-03-28 I-130 NOA 2 -Approved
2011-11-15 Received DS-3032 / I-864 Bill
2012-01-02 Pay I-864 Bill
2012-03-30 Return Completed I-864
2011-11-15 Received IV Bill
2012-01-02 Pay IV Bill
2012-04-05 Received Instruction Package
2012-04-19 Case Completed at NVC
2013-02-07 Received Interview Letter
2013-26-03 Interview (was issued 221g letter)
2013-26-03 CEAC STATUS :Administrative Processing
2013-04-02 Submitted the required documents@ USEM via 2Go courier
2013-04-05 USEM received the documents submmited
CEAC STATUS:Administrative Processing
2013-04-15 CEAC STATUS: Ready
2013-04-16 CEAC STATUS: ISSUED (VISA APPROVED)
2013-04-18 Got the tracking number from 2GO courier -- visa has been forwarded & ready for delivery
2013-04-19 VISA ON HAND (Thank you my Almighty Father for everything...)dancin5hr.gifdancin5hr.gif

2013-05-02 Attended CFO seminar in Manila

2013-05-16 POE LAX dancin5hr.gifdancin5hr.gifdancin5hr.gifheart.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.