RnL

Question re: Post Decision Activity - Not Specific

38 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Check this out I filed for an expedite on feb 7 om feb 8 i got a letter wanting the paper work to process my expedite at the end of the letter it had this printed.....

IMPORTANT:

Your response must be received at the Vermont Service Center within 20 calendar days from the date of this notice. Failure to

respond withln the allotted time will result in the denial of your expedite request. If your expedite request is denied, you have the

option to request another expedite through the National Customer Service Center (NCSC) by calling 800-375-5283. You must

allow 60-days before requesting another expedite.

Since the date we received your request, we have approved your case and an approval notice was sent on (insert date notice sent) to

the address we have on file. If you do not receive the notice within 30 days, and you want an official duplicate for your records, you will need to file a Form I-824 Application for Action on an Approved Application or petition. You can download this form by visiting

our website at www.uscis.gov.

USCIS has not one clue about the approval so i scheduled an infopass that was the biggest waste of time I talked to a clerk not an agent all the agents were busy processing deferred action cases go figure.

Hi Andy and Marissa! Unfortunately, I have no idea on expediting a petition. However, maybe the best thing to do is to submit the requirements for the expedite request. Since the USCIS does not have a clue about the approval, the last paragraph could be a mistake. I read somewhere here in VJ that USCIS uses templates for the letters. Maybe they punched in the wrong template code?

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Timeline

Hi Andy and Marissa! Unfortunately, I have no idea on expediting a petition. However, maybe the best thing to do is to submit the requirements for the expedite request. Since the USCIS does not have a clue about the approval, the last paragraph could be a mistake. I read somewhere here in VJ that USCIS uses templates for the letters. Maybe they punched in the wrong template code?

in that case that gives people false hope or even make them believe they are approved

Timeline

My fiance filed same date as yours December 3 (USA) but not same date of noa1 because our is Dec11 noa1.. Sounds like you are approved! well I am hoping to get mine too! GodBless Sis! :thumbs:

I hope we'd all get approved ASAP! It's hard to be away from your loved one! :( I'm really hoping that it's an approval. Thanks! :)

Timeline

If you called and talked to customer service and they didn't tell you it was approved, then I'm inclined to think it's something else. It would show in their system as an approval. I'm wondering if since your fiance filed so close to getting his citizenship that it might be something to do with that. Hopefully its just a simple thing as needing additional paperwork from you , really interested to know when you get your mail! Best of luck and hope its an easy fix or an odd approval !

When my fiance called, the personnel on the line just told him what was exactly on our case status online and that we should just wait as instructed. So wait is what we're going to do. :) I just wish that they would've been more specific in their notice so as not to leave us hanging on what it could be. But then again, there's nothing we can do about it...

It could also be due to that. Ugh. It could also be a million other things. LOL.

I'll update all of you once we find out what this is about. who knows, it might help other VJ members. :)

Best of luck and hope its an easy fix or an odd approval ! --- Thanks so much! :)

Timeline

in that case that gives people false hope or even make them believe they are approved

I'm hoping that it truly is an approval and that you'd receive your NOA2 soon! It's sucks to see an "approved" petition only for them to say that it's a mistake. I hope you'll get this sorted out soon! Best of luck! :)

Timeline

I found out just now that I mixed up our timeline dates. Sorry. I changed my timeline. My fiance told me that he filed in November.

I129F filed - November 30, 2012

Received - December 3, 2012

NOA1 - December 4, 2012

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I found out just now that I mixed up our timeline dates. Sorry. I changed my timeline. My fiance told me that he filed in November.

I129F filed - November 30, 2012

Received - December 3, 2012

NOA1 - December 4, 2012

Are the updates your fiance made was "maybe" a help too? Cause he did update the spelling of your name right, change of address, he just got his citizenship just nov last year I think, just I think your case was always "touched" and had given "attention" that is why you have a latest update and that's the post decision activity thing. Cause usually when it is highlighted it is totally approved.

Pop goes on my mind:

- Approved

- He, your fiance will have an interview in USA regarding of your case

- Glitch

Hoping it's the first one! So another case is next and can move on.. =) God Bless

♥♥God gave you to me. I asked Him why, He said, “Because he can fill your life like no one else can.” ♥♥I love you and I really miss you so much luv!♥♥Hope to be with you soon and have a happy family!♥♥

Timeline

Are the updates your fiance made was "maybe" a help too? Cause he did update the spelling of your name right, change of address, he just got his citizenship just nov last year I think, just I think your case was always "touched" and had given "attention" that is why you have a latest update and that's the post decision activity thing. Cause usually when it is highlighted it is totally approved.

Pop goes on my mind:

- Approved

- He, your fiance will have an interview in USA regarding of your case

- Glitch

Hoping it's the first one! So another case is next and can move on.. =) God Bless

I so agree with you! Hoping it's the first one! :D

That's what we're also thinking. That having all those updates (name correction, address change) meant that our file was touched more often. :) If that's the case, then maybe all the filers need to move and have their addresses changed so we can all get our NOA2s ASAP! LOL! :P

Timeline

Finally found out what this Post Decision Activity is about. It's NOT an approval.

It's about my fiance's recent change of address. He filed for it online and now they want him to mail a completed form A 11. We checked the USCIS website and read there that a US citizen is not required by law to file a form A 11. But when he called them, he was told that since he had a pending petition (our I129F), he would have to mail the form to inform the USCIS of his address change.

It's just weird because he already received a hard copy informing him that his address was changed on record. The USCIS sent him the actual mail to his new address last January 19, 2013. But now, they sent the latest notice dated February 14, 2013 to his previous address. The reason he was able to receive it is because he made a request from the postal service to deliver all of his mail from the old address to the new one. Oh well, we'll just send the form tomorrow to get it over with. Who knows? Our case might get "touched" again. :)

Thanks for all the well-wishes! :)

Timeline

Correction: Form AR 11 not A 11

I assume after that change of address thing, you might get an approval.. who knows?

♥♥God gave you to me. I asked Him why, He said, “Because he can fill your life like no one else can.” ♥♥I love you and I really miss you so much luv!♥♥Hope to be with you soon and have a happy family!♥♥

Timeline

I assume after that change of address thing, you might get an approval.. who knows?

That's what we're hoping for. :innocent: Because when my fiance called USCIS earlier today, the tier 1 person seemed surprised that we did not receive an approval since he saw that our status is already in Post Decision Activity. But then again, they don't really know much about what's going on, do they? :P

My fiance will send the form first thing tomorrow. Hopefully the CSC will receive it within the week. :)

For now, all we can do is wait and pray. :star:

Timeline

That's what we're hoping for. :innocent: Because when my fiance called USCIS earlier today, the tier 1 person seemed surprised that we did not receive an approval since he saw that our status is already in Post Decision Activity. But then again, they don't really know much about what's going on, do they? :P

My fiance will send the form first thing tomorrow. Hopefully the CSC will receive it within the week. :)

For now, all we can do is wait and pray. :star:

:thumbs:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

Hi cel-ann! :) A lot of people did get that change of A#. And even if you do not have the hard copy of your NOA1, if your case status is updated online, I guess there wouldn't be a problem. :)

And we don't have our NOA2 yet! How i wish we did! LOL. It was just a weird post decision notice which we still don't have any idea what it really means. Crossing our fingers that it's an approval. But we'll never know until we receive the letter. It could be a glitch. :(

I got my alien number 2 months ago along with all the other december; november filers but nothing happened :)

September 5th, 2010: Met
July 26th 2012: Engaged
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I-129F Sent: December 14th, 2012
December 18th 2012: I-129f received at dallas po box
DECEMBER 20th: NOA1 (only found out once hardcopy came in the mail)
December 21st, 2012: Check cashed
Dec 27, 2012: Fiances alien registration number was changed. Proven.
December 29th 2012: Received Noa1 Hard-copy(no txt or email was sent)
Jan. 10th 2013: Happy birthday to my Sweety, first birthday apart in years!
January 15 2013: "mailing adress was changed" (touched?)
May-20-2013 NOA2!!! Exactly 5 months!
May-23-2013 Noa2 hard copy recieved!
June-05-2013 Called NVC, casre recieved, forwared to Ankara

June-10-2013-Ankara revieved packet! *signed by MEHMET* THANKS MEHMET!

June-10-2013-Recieve NVC letter
June-13-2013 Email(Packet) recieved from embassy!!
00-00-2013 Sent packet back to embassy
00-00-13 Interview date set (00-00-13 INTERVIEW,)
00-00-2013 Medical
00-00-2013 Interview(...........!)
00-00-2013 Visa Approved
00-00-2013 US Entry

NEXT STEPS IN US....
00-00-13 Wedding
00-00-13 SSN
00-00-13 AOS packet sent out
event.png event.png <p>

Timeline

I got my alien number 2 months ago along with all the other december; november filers but nothing happened :)

Merhaba! :)

I think most of the filers got that alien number notice. But you're right, after that, there's no movement whatsoever with the petition. :(

However, November-December filers are almost halfway through the 5 to 6-month mark! :dance: Hoping that it won't take long before we receive our RFE's! :D

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.