Visa4habibi!

Royal Air Maroc's site. what is wrong with it and with RAM?

9 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

I went to Morocco already 4 times and 3 out of 4 times used royalairmaroc.com site. I'm not going just yet, just thinking about it for now (i might not even go at all). But I've been trying to get an idea when's the best time to go and the problem is - the site's not working. I can't book or do basically anything there. I've contacted them and nothing's changed.

I've tried other sites, but it seem that there's something wrong with RAM, does anybody know what's going on? I like them because it's the shortest trip and i still have to get to JFK and from Casa to where I'm going. Does anybody know anything?

Thanks,

Tanya

Met online - May 2004

Met in person - August 2004

Got married - May 2005

Filed I-130 - July 2005

Filed I-129 - August 2005

Interview - February 2006 - 221(g) - still under investigation.

Another useless interview - July 2006 - got nowhere!

August 23, 2007 - he's finally here!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

I'm not sure about your problem. I went onto the site and it seemed like it wanted to let me book. I got to the step where it asked for my name and address, and everything was ok.

I do have my own question about flights, though. I've always booked through expedia, orbitz and websites like that. But they don't handle flights that originate outside the u.s. If I book through royal air maroc, the way the website's designed, I would have to get him separte tickets from new york to san antonio on another carrier's website, which I'm assuming would mean he would have to get his luggage and recheck in at JFK, which may be confusing for someone who's flying for the first time.

What did you guys do when booking flights for your fiance? I'm still not sure, and I'm almost tempted to fly to JFK and meet him there, just to make it a little easier on him!

Edited by sonicliz

timeline doesn't matter.

Timeline

I usually book on orbitz or travelocity and go through Delta who uses RAM from JFK to Casa. I have never bought a ticket from RAM directly.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

I used American fr OKC to Dallas to NYC then RAM but i thought same thing when he comes over i will need go to NYC i know how i felt there can imagine how it would be for him first time flying, but i also used travel agent to book.

TIMELINE

04/04/2007 K1 Interview from H...w/the devil herself

06/12/2007 Rec'd Notification Case Now Back In Calif. only to expire

-------------

11/20/2007 Married in Morocco

02/23/2008 Mailed CR1 application today

03/08/2008 NOA1 Notice Recd (notice date 3/4/08)

08/26/2008 File transfered fr Vermont to Calif

10/14/2008 APPROVALLLLLLLLLLLL

10/20/2008 Recd hard copy NOA2

10/20/2008 NVC Recd case

11/21/2008 CASE COMPLETE

01/15/2009 INTERVIEW

01/16/2009 VISA IN HAND

01/31/2009 ARRIVED OKC

BE WHO YOU ARE AND SAY WHAT YOU FEEL, BECAUSE THOSE WHO MIND DONT MATTER AND THOSE WHO MATTER DONT MIND

YOU CANT CHANGE THE PAST BUT YOU CAN RUIN THE PRESENT BY WORRYING OVER THE FUTURE

TRIP.... OVER LOVE, AND YOU CAN GET UP

FALL.... IN LOVE, AND YOU FALL FOREVER

I DO HAVE THE RIGHT TO REMAIN SILENT, JUST NOT THE ABILITY

LIKE THE MEASLES, LOVE IS MOST DANGEROUS WHEN IT COMES LATER IN LIFE

LIFE IS NOT THE WAY ITS SUPPOSED TO BE, ITS THE WAY IT IS

I MAY NOT BE WHERE I WANT TO BE BUT IM SURE NOT WHERE I WAS

Filed: Other Country: Morocco
Timeline
I'm not sure about your problem. I went onto the site and it seemed like it wanted to let me book. I got to the step where it asked for my name and address, and everything was ok.

I do have my own question about flights, though. I've always booked through expedia, orbitz and websites like that. But they don't handle flights that originate outside the u.s. If I book through royal air maroc, the way the website's designed, I would have to get him separte tickets from new york to san antonio on another carrier's website, which I'm assuming would mean he would have to get his luggage and recheck in at JFK, which may be confusing for someone who's flying for the first time.

What did you guys do when booking flights for your fiance? I'm still not sure, and I'm almost tempted to fly to JFK and meet him there, just to make it a little easier on him!

Have your fiance (or yourself if you understand french) go to www.msn.fr and then choose voyages. That is how I got pricing for my fiance. And it's one of the sites that allows for one way tickets. Some do not.

Maggie

08-07-06 I129 NOA1

02-05-07 Visa in Hand

02-13-07 POE JFK w/temp EAD

02-23-07 Civil Marriage

06-17-07 Wedding

08-13-07 Card received in mail

04-14-09 Trip to Maui for Anniversary

06-04-09 Filed to lift conditions

08-13-09 Perm Card received

Even if you buy 2 separate tickets, they will let him check the luggage through. He just needs to show both tickets at check-in so they know his final destination. But he'll have to pick up and drop the luggage back at customs at JFK.

I traveled on separate tickets last time I went to Morocco because it was cheaper and checking the luggage through wasn't a problem there or back.

Michaela

Jun 26, 06 - 129-F filed

Sep 27, 06 - NOA2

Nov 28, 06 - INTERVIEW SUCCESS!!!

Dec 12, 06 - VISA IN HAND

Dec 29, 06 - MARRIED!!

Jan 8, 07 - filed for AOS and EAD

Apr 3, 07 - EAD approved!!!

Apr 7, 07 - EAD card arrived!

May 10, 07 - Interview....APPROVED!!!

May 23, 07 - GC in hand

Feb 10, 09 - I-751 sent to CSC

Feb 12, 09 - NOA1

Apr 20, 09 - Approved!

Jun 12, 09 - Card Production Ordered

Jun 19, 09 - 10 year GC Received

My husband booked his ticket. His layover was in Frankfurt, then flew Frankfurt to Washington DC. He had no problem. He called me from Franfurt and enjoyed the duty free shops during his layover (6 hours). We didn't mess with JFK because a work permit that is only good for 90 days was not important to us.

Timeline

Rachid also looked online for his ticket... but he went somewhere in his city that booked it for him... it was a one-way ticket so it was less expensive...I don't know the company but if anyone wants to know I will ask him.... We did want to make sure he went through JFK so he could get the 90 days work authorization... hey every bit helps.... :thumbs:

Timeline
Rachid also looked online for his ticket... but he went somewhere in his city that booked it for him... it was a one-way ticket so it was less expensive...I don't know the company but if anyone wants to know I will ask him.... We did want to make sure he went through JFK so he could get the 90 days work authorization... hey every bit helps.... :thumbs:

He went to Royal Air Maroc- or at least that's what he told Hicham and I when we were having problems getting a one way ticket.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.