David R

3 or 4 weeks to mail petition to Sydney??

11 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Australia
Timeline

Hi Everyone,

We are waiting on our NOA2 and we called DOS to check on the status of our application. They told us it had left NVC last week and was on its way to Sydney.

When I asked how long until Sydney should receive it he said it will be 3 or 4 weeks from when it was sent by NVC.

This seems so long to us and judging by people's timelines we see that it has not taken others this long for Sydney to receive it. I am thinking he may be giving us an ultra conservative, generic response.

Does anyone on here have an idea of the actual timeframe we should be looking at from when it leaves NVC to when it will get to the consulate here in Sydney?

Thanks guys.

David

I heard they send a scan of the package first, and then the physical package arrives later in the mail. The scanned copy allows them to act on the application right away.

Edited by Lainie B

Timeline

I heard they send a scan of the package first, and then the physical package arrives later in the mail. The scanned copy allows them to act on the application right away.

So the consulate send s me a scanned copy or NVC sends the consulate a scanned copy?

Thanks for the help.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

So the consulate send s me a scanned copy or NVC sends the consulate a scanned copy?

Thanks for the help.

Hi DavidR I was wondering how do I call the DOS as we are waiting for our interview also I have been emailing the NVC everyday for the last week and still haven't gotten a response. They have had our paperwork for the last month and we haven't had any RFE's (this time) for anything of the paperwork so there should be no delays.

Please help me with the number as this waiting sucks big time.

Thanks

Timeline

Hi DavidR I was wondering how do I call the DOS as we are waiting for our interview also I have been emailing the NVC everyday for the last week and still haven't gotten a response. They have had our paperwork for the last month and we haven't had any RFE's (this time) for anything of the paperwork so there should be no delays.

Please help me with the number as this waiting sucks big time.

Thanks

I completely understand about the waiting. It is really tough.

Someone sent me this link which I found really helpful:

http://www.visajourn...he-nvc-and-dos/

read post #1 and post #7.

I am not sure how it will work for you with a different type of visa but I was able to find out when my petetion was recieved and then sent off to Sydney.

Are you in Australia or over in the US?

Good luck with it all and let me know if I can be any more help.

David

Oh OK so they will probably already have it then. Hopefully I will hear something from them soon.

How did you know about the scanned copy?

Thanks so much for your help!

I can't remember where I saw it, it was on here somewhere.

It explains how some people receive their packet three with a few days of NVC sending their application. For example mine left NVC on about August 11, and I received Packet 3 from Sydney on August 15, way too fast for it to have arrived in Sydney in the mail.

It also depends on how fast Sydney is at issuing Packet 3.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

I am in Australia and I just don't know what to do. I think I might resend our information - Affidavit of Support. I know they received the DS230 because they hadn't received my husbands AOS and they sent me an email to tell me that they hadn't received it. Then on the 8th Jan we sent the AOS (we posted it in the USA) then we received an RFE regarding my husbands Domicile (which my husband kept there, which is lucky for us) and we sent that answer off on the 26/01/13. We haven't heard anything since then. Even if you allow 14 days for them to receive the information, it has been near enough 1 month.

I hate this waiting so much. We just want to move on with our lives in the USA. The Australian Government was not like this when my husband and his family immigrated to Australia. Their immigration went smoothly, and it only took approx 6 weeks (but that was 23 years ago).

Thanks

M

Timeline

I can't remember where I saw it, it was on here somewhere.

It explains how some people receive their packet three with a few days of NVC sending their application. For example mine left NVC on about August 11, and I received Packet 3 from Sydney on August 15, way too fast for it to have arrived in Sydney in the mail.

It also depends on how fast Sydney is at issuing Packet 3.

Fair enough, I might email them next week and see if I can prompt them a little.

Thanks heaps for your help Lainie.

Timeline

I am in Australia and I just don't know what to do. I think I might resend our information - Affidavit of Support. I know they received the DS230 because they hadn't received my husbands AOS and they sent me an email to tell me that they hadn't received it. Then on the 8th Jan we sent the AOS (we posted it in the USA) then we received an RFE regarding my husbands Domicile (which my husband kept there, which is lucky for us) and we sent that answer off on the 26/01/13. We haven't heard anything since then. Even if you allow 14 days for them to receive the information, it has been near enough 1 month.

I hate this waiting so much. We just want to move on with our lives in the USA. The Australian Government was not like this when my husband and his family immigrated to Australia. Their immigration went smoothly, and it only took approx 6 weeks (but that was 23 years ago).

Thanks

M

It is defintely very tough. On the bright side you are coming to the end of the process either way.

Good luck with it all!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.