Alcatraz63

Co-Sponsor Query London Embassy

4 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hi all,

My fiancée and I have been researching online regarding the sponsorship accepted at the London Embassy and there's a lot of conflicting information regarding if they will accept two sponsors, or just one, and if that just one sponsor has to be my U.S. citizen fiancée (the person in the best position to be my sponsor is my fiancée's mother). We also haven't clarified if my fiancée definitely has to fill out the 1-384. Our situation is that because we have been travelling since May 2011, my fiancée does not have tax returns since filing for her 2010 returns in 2011. :help: Our travelling history is such: in May 2011 I had spent a month in the U.S. with my fiancée at her family's house and we were now travelling together onward to Australia on working holiday visas. We left Australia in May 2012 for Asia until July 2012, when we headed back to the U.S. for three months (my 90 day allotment) to see her family, and then we came back together to the UK where we have been since October 2012 (luckily the UK allows her to stay for 6 months). Since she has no job as of now, and has no tax returns, is she still required to fill out the I-384 or can we rely on her mother's finances instead? I should also add that before we headed off travelling, she worked at a restaurant for 5 years where she can easily get a job again at any restaurant branch due to her skill level and positive relationships with present employees and managers, if this makes a difference. We have a joint Australian account and also my English account where we have over USD$10,000 combined and she owns a car back in the U.S. that is paid off which is probably worth USD$7,500. We can transfer our funds, if necessary, to her U.S. bank account before the interview. :huh:

London will accept a cosponsor. Your fiance is always the first sponsor. If you need a cosponsor you can have one, she will fill out the I-134 as well and provide needed documents. Your fiance needs to fill out the I-134 just like the cosponsor even if there is no money, write a note saying the fiance was not required to file taxes for those years. You do not have enough money to self sponsor with your assets (it needs to be several times the poverty line to use assets, car will not really count as you need that). If your cosponsor has enough income that is all you need.

Edited by amykathleen2005

England.gif England!

And in this crazy life, and through these crazy times

It's you, it's you, You make me sing.

You're every line, you're every word, you're everything.

b0cb1a39c4.png

ROC Timeline

Sent: 7/21/12

NOA1: 7/23/12

Touch: 7/24/2012

Biometrics: 8/24/2012

Card Production Ordered: 3/6/2013

*Eligible for Naturalization: October 13, 2013*

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Thanks so much for your quick response.

How long do you think we are looking at before we get an interview in London? We got our NOA2 on 13th Feb. Everything is so overwhelming. :wacko:

Thanks so much for your quick response.

How long do you think we are looking at before we get an interview in London? We got our NOA2 on 13th Feb. Everything is so overwhelming. :wacko:

Looks like the average is 65 days, so 2 months.

http://www.visajourney.com/timeline/stats.php?cfl=

Not long now! You will be fine.

This has alot of good info on London embassy.

http://www.visajourney.com/consulates/index.php?ctry=United%20Kingdom&cty=London

England.gif England!

And in this crazy life, and through these crazy times

It's you, it's you, You make me sing.

You're every line, you're every word, you're everything.

b0cb1a39c4.png

ROC Timeline

Sent: 7/21/12

NOA1: 7/23/12

Touch: 7/24/2012

Biometrics: 8/24/2012

Card Production Ordered: 3/6/2013

*Eligible for Naturalization: October 13, 2013*

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.