Matsiepan

Filling in 1-30 and g-325 questions

3 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

So my hubby and I are finally submitting our application in the next month and I was just going through the initial filing forms and have a couple questions ( I apologize for the length of this post):

i-130 questions

1) On the I-130 form where we fill in the biographical information about my husband (he is the petitioner), he has a "jr" as part of his name. Does this get included in the family name box or his first name box?

2) I live in a house and not an apartment, so do I leave that box blank or put "none" in section C?

3) I have not changed my name since we were married, so do I leave "other names used, including maiden name" blank (or type none), or type in my maiden name?

4) Is short form permitted? I.e. when listing that I live in Ontario, Canada, can I type it in as "ONT, Canada". I looked at the sample form, but I still like to double check.

5) Just noticed I typed everything so far in caps. Should I fix this?

6) We have not yet lived together, so is typing "Have not yet lived together" acceptable for question #21

7) Montreal is the embassy where I will be applying for the visa when we get to that stage, correct?

g-325 questions

1) As these are filled out separately for both myself and my husband, the information needs to only be about myself on my form, correct? So when It asks for the applicant's employment for last 5 years, I fill in my information?

2) When filling in the " this form is submitted in connection with an application for:" section, do I click "other" and type in I-130, or Status as permanent resident?

3)My husband is in the military and was deployed to Afghanistan for about a year within the last 5 years. Do we just list his military base as the residence for that period? This part is confusing us greatly.

Last

1)I know that we do not need to submit my long form birth certificate at this stage (that comes later on when I am applying for the visa itself, not the permission to apply for the visa which is what we are doing now), according to the application guidelines. Is it wise to include it anyway as I have noticed a few people on the boards here get an RFE for not including it?

2) Do our bank statements need to be notarized? We receive our statements electronically for our joint account, so we were just going to have to print them off ourselves and include them in the package as part of our relationship proof. If so, should we just go into our bank and ask for notarized statements? Same thing with any bills we have in both of our names?

As always, thank you for any help you can all provide :)

Laura

I-130:

1) not sure to be honest..sorry!

2) Leave it blank

3) use n/a (you haven't changed your name... don't write none as it can be taken as your previous name.)

4) You can abbreviate Canadian provinces but use their correct 2 letter acronym. AB for Alberta, ON for Ontario... I personally put the full provincial name.

5) I only put last names in all capitals

6) Yes that is an appropriate answer

7) Yep Montreal is the only place in Canada for immigrant visa interviews

G325a:

1) yes each person fills it out and signs it individually

2) we put other: Form I-130 - other people do that for the petitioner and permanent residence for the beneficiary... I don't think it honestly makes a difference

3) My husband put down his base address in Guam, his address in Iraq for his time there and his address once he moved off base. I think the answer for this is yes, put it down

Last:

1) you can submit a photocopy of it. Make sure you note it in the cover letter

2) Those things do not need to be notarized.

Hope that helps (and is correct... hehe) and best of luck!

Edited by NikiR

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.