Smoochie1209

Step-daughter no father

2 posts in this topic

Hello to all my wonderful VJers, friends. I have a few questions to ask regarding the DS-230 and the I-184a for my step-daughter. First, My wife had my step-daugheter Ashly (yes w/o E) without the father present nor signing the birth cert. So, on the NSO Birth Cert for ashly, it says no father. It worked for the i-130, what do I put under father for Ash on the DS-230? Also, I received this notification after sending my i-184. I put the i-184a in the same packet but got this back:

NVC has reviewed the financial evidence submitted. However, additional information is

required to complete the financial evidence review. Please provide all requested documents and

refer to page two for mailing instructions.

General Instructions

[x] This form must be completed by typewriter or in blue or black ink.

[x] You will need to complete and submit the new form completely filled out (all pages required), which includes

the changes noted below. Submitting single pages of the form with the correction is not acceptable. In order

to make corrections you will need to download a new form at www.ImmigrantVisas.state.gov.

Part 2 Sponsor's Promise

[x] The (sponsor)'s signature must be original.

[x] The (sponsor)'s signature must be in blue or black pen.

Do i just resubmit the same paper work? Because I got another cover sheet for that. I'd hate to have to dig up her support paperwork again and have to resubmit it, esp her letter of employment. Her employer won't be in for a few days.

Like always, any help is most appreciated! Thank you so much

-Nick

Got in touch with NVC finally. So if a child has no record of a father (or mother which might be rare), put UNKNOWN. They wanted me to submit the I-864a separate from the I-184. I just need to put the form without supporting docs. I hope this helps anyone in the future :)

Edited by Smoochie1209

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.