BeachMusic

Case forwarded to New Delhi Consulate, what do i Do now??

18 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

I'm confused as to what to do now. My case was forwarded to New Delhi Embassy a week ago. Should I call the embassy? Someone else said call DOS to find out the interview date? Confused. Please help

NOA1: July 18th, 2012

Touched: July 23rd, 2012

No RFE! So Happy :)

NOA2: Jan 25th, 2013 (191 days)

<b> Interview : 15th March 2013 APPROVED</b>

Visa in Hand: 22nd March 2013

Timeline

once your i129f petition is approved is forwarded to NVC. you could call the NVC and get your case number. Your case is forwarded from NVC to the U.S. Consulate in New Delhi where your fiance(e) will have the interview.

So, yes you could call the DOS and give them your case number and they will tell you when the interview date. DOS has the same information as the New Delhi Consulate. hope that helps!!..good luck!!

Timeline

once your i129f petition is approved is forwarded to NVC. you could call the NVC and get your case number. Your case is forwarded from NVC to the U.S. Consulate in New Delhi where your fiance(e) will have the interview.

So, yes you could call the DOS and give them your case number and they will tell you when the interview date. DOS has the same information as the New Delhi Consulate. hope that helps!!..good luck!!

Hi,

My NOA2 came on Nov.26th. It stated that my petition has been approved and forwarded to the "specified" consulate. My fiance has not received packet 3. When we call NVC they ask us to send an email. When we call Vermont Service Center they say, my papers were sent directly to the "specified" cconsulate. I did not specify any consular office other than India. I am at a dead end. Can someone help me?

Timeline

Hi,

My NOA2 came on Nov.26th. It stated that my petition has been approved and forwarded to the "specified" consulate. My fiance has not received packet 3. When we call NVC they ask us to send an email. When we call Vermont Service Center they say, my papers were sent directly to the "specified" cconsulate. I did not specify any consular office other than India. I am at a dead end. Can someone help me?

That's weird, becaus VSC never forwards file directly to the consulate. It has to go through NVC before it gets forwarded to India. So, you probably don't have a case number since your file as not gone to NVC. and without your case number you can't even call DOS for update. Have you try calling the ustraveldocs in India? You could give the beneficiary passport number and see what they say...good luck!!

Timeline

Thanks, I'll call DOS.

Timeline

So since I would have to wait a while before my fiance woke up and called DOS, I emailed CIUND@state.gov and they emailed back saying my interview was scheduled for 15th March.

Then I called the support-india number 0120-660-2222, and they told me that that email itself was sufficient to take to my medical appointment and embassy interview. Does that sound right? Because it doesn't to me..

I'm more nervous now since its only a month away, and i just dont trust vfs and what they say.

Edited by BeachMusic

Filed: Other Country: India
Timeline

Good news for you, you got your interview date.... What is the reason for your not trusting VFS?

Take a print out and got get the medical done...

Get ready and start moving...

Timeline

Good news for you, you got your interview date.... What is the reason for your not trusting VFS?

Take a print out and got get the medical done...

Get ready and start moving...

because I called them in the morning and they told me that I need to wait for Packet 3 and Packet 4. Then I got the interview date in email (one line email). and I called them back and they said you wont be getting any hard copies just print it out. I'm sure if i call them again tomorrow I'll get another answer. Plus I've heard that you do require a proper appointment letter which also states your medical date.

Filed: Other Country: India
Timeline

Your interview letter has no information about your medical appt date...

You got to take interview date infor (letter) to the recommended doctor's office and schedule the medical appt yourself.

Embassy is not going to schedule your medical appt.... But they are expecting it to be done and report presented to them at the time of interview. :thumbs:

Edited by Deep2009

Timeline

So since I would have to wait a while before my fiance woke up and called DOS, I emailed CIUND@state.gov and they emailed back saying my interview was scheduled for 15th March.

Then I called the support-india number 0120-660-2222, and they told me that that email itself was sufficient to take to my medical appointment and embassy interview. Does that sound right? Because it doesn't to me..

I'm more nervous now since its only a month away, and i just dont trust vfs and what they say.

You could call DOS and ask them if the embassy have mailed out packet 4 to the beneficiary. because in packet 4, it will have a hard copy of interview appointment letter. If not, call ustraveldocs and request for a duplicate interview appointment letter by e-mail. You will need a appointment letter for your medical and you gonna have to make a appointment your self.

Timeline

You could call DOS and ask them if the embassy have mailed out packet 4 to the beneficiary. because in packet 4, it will have a hard copy of interview appointment letter. If not, call ustraveldocs and request for a duplicate interview appointment letter by e-mail. You will need a appointment letter for your medical and you gonna have to make a appointment your self.

Alright. My fiance will call DOS his morning. Lets see what happens. And I'll try UStraveldocs.

Thanks F&R, you're very helpful!

Timeline

Alright. My fiance will call DOS his morning. Lets see what happens. And I'll try UStraveldocs.

Thanks F&R, you're very helpful!

It's my pleasure helping someone in need. I was also confused, when I filed k-1 fiancée visa and I was search for information day and night to figure everything out. How you already got your PCC done? If not, you probably want to go head and apply for it because it takes some time to get PCC....good luck!!! Let me know if you need help

Timeline

It's my pleasure helping someone in need. I was also confused, when I filed k-1 fiancée visa and I was search for information day and night to figure everything out. How you already got your PCC done? If not, you probably want to go head and apply for it because it takes some time to get PCC....good luck!!! Let me know if you need help

Thats..another issue, I have to get it from the Ghaziabad Passport Office, and I'm out of town for the next 2 weeks. So I'll have 2 and a half weeks to get the PCC when I get back to Delhi.

How long did the PCC take you, from Passport office and Police station.

Timeline

Usually it takes 2 to 3 weeks at the police station and once you have it from them, you could take that to the passport office and they will give it to you in couple of hours.

Ohk. I got the appointment letter via email btw. I'm cutting my trip short and going back tomorrow to get started on PCC's. *Fingers crossed for no issues with PCC +interview* :)

I saw your profile, have you gotten the passport back yet??

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.