Bhu

DS230 - Dumb Question(s)!

9 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Filling out the DS230 and of course doubting all my common sense and logic knowing how these things get processed:

1. Question 25 - List dates of all previous visits to or residence in the United States.

Well, live in Vancouver so can't remember or count how many trips back and forth across the Peace Arch border. So how should I answer this? I am noting on a supplement page that I've had ongoing travel and my close proximity to the border. THoughts? :help:

Guessing they don't need to know of EVERY trip to Vegas?!

2. Signatures - sign end of Part I, but not end of Part II (After Question #35)?

Thanks for your help with my instant case of dumbness.

~B

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I too lived close to the US border (Windsor/Detroit) and had a lot of crossings into the US. For 15 years I participated in living history re-enactments as a hobby and attended events in the US several times every month during the summer. Plus, for a few years I had an American boyfriend who lived just on the other side of the border (another re-enactor) and we crossed the border very regular to date. I wrote down the total years involved for both situations, then summarized the visits (ie. September 1993 to June 1997 - US boyfriend, crossed border approximately 2 x a week for dates and visits), then I also included separately visits for holidays (ie. November/December 1992 1 week in Florida), etc.. I had to add in a whole second page to include it all, but I did list every single time I could think of either individually, or collectively as indicated above.

Signatures - sign where it indicates except for the one place where they say you need to sign in front of the immigration official. Leave that blank - you will sign it at your interview.

Hope this helps.

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

All I did was include all the major trips to the US....

and for the rest I just put from such and such a date I made numerous trips to the United States... I didn't have any problems with this answer :no:

I am sure that they realize that because of Canada being so close to the US, that us Canadians might make a lot of trips to the US...

Edited by MarilynP
mvSuprise-hug.gif

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I only included Major trips (all where I visited my Fiancee) Than I explained that due to my closeness to the border I was never required to obtain a visa. And made many short day and weekend trips which I have no record of.

I was told to do so by others who did

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

AOS Sent March 5/07

NoA Date March 23/07

BIO Appt April 12/07

Case Transfered to California April 12/07

AOS Touched April 12/07

AOS Touched April 14/07

Transfered notices in hand (Snail Mail style) April 20/07

Case "pending" in CSC May 16/07

AOS Touched May 17/07

AOS Touched May 18/07

AOS Touched June 5/07

AOS Touched June 6/07

Card Production Ordered 10:45 AM on June 19/07

Approval Notice Sent June 22/07

AOS Touched June 24/07

Mail Returned Undeliverable (saying mean words under my breathe) July 11th

Card Resent, Card had errors (long story...)

Card Sent Pack to them...

Has to go Back through FBI Name check

Card Production REORDERED Aug 22/07

Filed: Other Timeline

I listed the trips from the year leading up to my interview, and then wrote in trips of varying length since infancy for shopping, site seeing, holidays, school trips, and work.

Both consulates in Canada are used to Canadians going back and forth all the time. with most of the Canadian population living within 2 hours of the border, its almost a given. They're probably more concerned if they ever get anyone in there who *doesn't* have a huge list too long to bother with.

divorced - April 2010 moved back to Ontario May 2010 and surrendered green card

PLEASE DO NOT PRIVATE MESSAGE ME OR EMAIL ME. I HAVE NO IDEA ABOUT CURRENT US IMMIGRATION PROCEDURES!!!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I just wrote : Travelled frequently to the US on vacation throughout my 31 yrs..... there is no way I could possibly remember all the times and places I've been!

Sean & Tanya

Norfolk, VA & Ottawa, ON

K-1 Journey

August 11, 2006- Sent I-129f ~ Finally!!!

August 12, 2006- I-129f received

August 16, 2006 - N0A1

August 29, 2006 - Touched

Sept 7, 2006 - NOA2 as per USCIS website ~ Approved in 27 days!

Sept 13, 2006- Received N0A2 by mail

Sept 15, 2006- Received letter from NVC dated Sept 13 that case will be sent to Montreal within a week

Oct 2, 2006- Received Packet 3 from MTL!

Oct 11, 2006 - Mailed back Packet 3 to MTL

Oct 19, 2006 - MTL received Packet 3

Nov 15, 2006 - Medical appointment in Ottawa

Dec 22, 2006 - Received Packet #4

Jan 25, 2007 - Interview date @ 14h30

Jan 4th 2007- Phoned MTL Consulate to reschedule interview for late April due to Navy deployment

Filed: Timeline
I just wrote : Travelled frequently to the US on vacation throughout my 31 yrs..... there is no way I could possibly remember all the times and places I've been!

Excellent question and excellent answers y'all. How about those times I was in transit coming from Mexico to Canada? I got my passport stamped at the airports, but went straight to take my next flight... should I also put these ones???????

Thanks a bunch, L&B

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.