thminh86

Yes! Interview date scheduled.

4 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Thank you for the support from VJ! My wife's interview date has been schedule for the end of March.

As excited as we are about the date, many questions loomed into our mind about the interview. First of all, is it necessary for her to have all the original documents/evidence (such as receipts, bills for weddings and occassion)? We are thinking about having those documents sent back to VN before interview, but we dont want to lose those documents. We want to send it only if necessary.

Then we thought about the question of whether I (the petitioner) should be there for the interview. I want to be there, but that week school is still in session. How important it is for me to be there at the interview? Would it help speed up the visa approval process?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

Thank you for the support from VJ! My wife's interview date has been schedule for the end of March.

As excited as we are about the date, many questions loomed into our mind about the interview. First of all, is it necessary for her to have all the original documents/evidence (such as receipts, bills for weddings and occassion)? We are thinking about having those documents sent back to VN before interview, but we dont want to lose those documents. We want to send it only if necessary.

Then we thought about the question of whether I (the petitioner) should be there for the interview. I want to be there, but that week school is still in session. How important it is for me to be there at the interview? Would it help speed up the visa approval process?

hi and congratulations on the interview. You don't have to take any documents other than what they have requested. You should have received that information with the interview letter. As far as the petitioner needing to be there, you don't. I have not read or heard where being there makes any difference at all. If you choose to, by all means go, but you are not required.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Congrats!!! Do you plan on going to get your wife and bring her back? If you wait it could be better to bring her back than be there for the interview.

Best of luck to you! How long ago did you receive NOA2?

I-129F sent on 12/18/2012
Delivery confirmation confirmed from USPS 12/20/2012
Text/email NOA1 received 12/26/2012 Off to VSC we go!
Check cashed 12/28/2012
NOA1 Hardcopy received 12/29/2012 Priority Date 12/21/2012
Touched, still in Initial Review 01/02/2013

Touched, still in Initial Review 05/24/2013 transferred

Touched, still in Initial Review 05/29/2013 transferred to local office (New Orleans?)

Touched, still in Initial Review 05/30/2013 File now processing

NOA2!!! 06/19/2013

NOA2 Hardcopy received 06/22/2013

Touched, 07/10/2013 sent to DOS

Received case number from NVC 07/15/2013

Case sent to US Consulate in Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam 07/30/2013

Sent online form to Us Consulate to inquire about packet 3 08/20/2013

Packet 3 Received @ consulate 9/26/2013

Packet 4 Sent via email 01/03/2014

Interview Date 01/27/2014 (submitted requested documents and medical exams records received 03/30 )

VISA APPROVED (Received in hand on April 22)
May 18, 2014 Arrive in US

Wedding date 06/02/2015

AOS Sent: TBD

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

As excited as we are about the date, many questions loomed into our mind about the interview. First of all, is it necessary for her to have all the original documents/evidence (such as receipts, bills for weddings and occassion)?YES We are thinking about having those documents sent back to VN before interview, but we dont want to lose those documents. We want to send it only if necessary. MANY ARE REQUIRED

Then we thought about the question of whether I (the petitioner) should be there for the interview. I want to be there, but that week school is still in session. How important it is for me to be there at the interview?IT COULD BE THE THING THAT SEALS THE DEAL Would it help speed up the visa approval process? NOTHING CAN SPEED THINGS UP, BEING PREPARED CAN AVOID DELAYS

"Every one of us bears within himself the possibilty of all passions, all destinies of life in all its forms. Nothing human is foreign to us" - Edward G. Robinson.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.