andrew va thuy

what is DS 2000, DSK 1083K, etc

6 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Thanks for all the great answers !

In reading what must be the Instruction Letter - has anyone made a copy of the enclosures ( outside of DS-230 and I-134 ) of a packet 3. ( I'd like to see ).

eg speciifically DS-2001, DSL-1083K and DS 2000 ( which sounds like the I-134 ).

( I'd like to see them if anyone has made copies )

Is there anything special about the item 11 - " A typed single status statement certified by the local authorities for all female applicants 18 and over " ... Name staus = doc than ??

How do we know a case is in the hands of HCM ? Do we get an email notice ??

Thanks Andrew

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

DS-2000DS-2001

can't find DSL-1083K

"You always get what you've always gotten if you always do what you always did."

Filed: Timeline

Andrew,

DS-2001, formerly OF-169, is the immigrant of K-visa instructions sheet and checklist.

DS-2000, formerly OF-167, is the instruction for what kinds of evidence can be submitted for a K-visa applicant to meet the public charge provisions of the law (what many people mistakenly think the I-134 is).

DSL-1083K may be a local form specific to a particular visa-issuing post

Yodrak

Thanks for all the great answers !

In reading what must be the Instruction Letter - has anyone made a copy of the enclosures ( outside of DS-230 and I-134 ) of a packet 3. ( I'd like to see ).

eg speciifically DS-2001, DSL-1083K and DS 2000 ( which sounds like the I-134 ).

( I'd like to see them if anyone has made copies )

Is there anything special about the item 11 - " A typed single status statement certified by the local authorities for all female applicants 18 and over " ... Name staus = doc than ??

Thanks Andrew

Edited by Yodrak

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline
DS-2000DS-2001

can't find DSL-1083K

Thanks - seems there is not much more to expect. When I see items like HMC received - does that mean an entry caused by oneof us from the DHL tracking or does HMC actually send an email, and if so to whom ?

And, likewise how do we know when a PACKET 3 is sent ? as opposed to receive ?

Timeline

Hi andrew va thuy,

Link: HCMC - Single Status Certification, Consulate Email Reply

Link: Questions while still in Vietnam: Single Status and Police Report

We didn't receive any email notice regarding receipt from the Consulate. We called/emailed the US Consulate in HCMC on a regular basis (i.e. once per week) to inquire whether our case had been received, if packet 3 had been sent, if packet 3 returned documents were received by the Consulate, if packet 4 was sent, interview date, etc.

STL_HCMC

K1 Timeline

12/27/2005...I-129F Sent (Nebraska Service Center)

07/19/2006...Visa Approved

AOS Timeline

01/23/2007...AOS Sent

03/08/2007...AOS Approved

Removing Conditions

01/12/2009...I-751 Sent

06/10/2009...I-751 Approved

Naturalization

03/27/2010...N-400 Sent

11/21/2011...Approval

12/09/2011...Oath Ceremony

Timeline

If I recall... HCMC wouldn't notify USC when they receive your physical files from NVC. HCMC wouldn't notify Beneficiary when they send Pack3 or Pack4, nor they would notify USC/Bene when they receive the returned DS forms.

Everything we find out about our cases, we had to email HCMC which caused someone there to look up our file and relevant information. I don't think HCMC has time or a system where they send out email or call or notify anyone anything!!!

"You always get what you've always gotten if you always do what you always did."

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.