aussiewench

Yardies, at home and a farrin'

5,682 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

For those whose POE was JFK where a temp EAD was issued, was it effectual? Were you or your SO able to get a job during that 90 days time frame? More importantly after it expired in 90 days were you able to extend or get another interim EAD until the permanent one came in?

Michele

Good question Michele, I was kinda wondering the same thing...I am going to fly Adrian up to JFK and then back down to Orlando, just to get the temp work permit. I figured a lot of the theme parks here hire seasonal employees so maybe he could get a job on the temp permit as a seasonal employee for the summer and then get something else when he gets the perm. work permit.

I know a most people say that it is not worth it to get the temp stamp since it is only valid for 90 days, but if Adrian can get a job as a seasonal employee for a couple months that would be great...It would be worth it.

I think there are only a couple of people on the Yardie thread that went through JFK....but to any of those that did, Is there any way I could see (maybe scan) what the temp. stamp looks like?? I am not sure if I will just fly right back to Orlando or fly with Adrian up to JFK and I want him to know what the stamp looks like so he can make sure he gets it, if he flies up there by himself. I am not worried about him going through immigration at the airport by himself, since working on the ship he has had to go through several times on his C-1 (crewmember) visa...so he has experience with immigration at the airports.

Hope everyone has a great Sunday!!

Joanna

Joanna,

I posted this question on the K-1 forum too. One poster got their EAD in less than 60 days, so it worked out well for them. They did get married shortly after entering though so for someone who waits toward the end of the 90 days I'm wondering if there would be a lapse? I thought I remembered reading that the regional offices, we have one in Hartford, will issue temporary interim EAD's until the permanent one came??? Even so; as you said temporary working for a couple of months is better than not working at all. Since I live in CT; JFK is not really that much of an inconvenience to me.

Michele

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Joanna,

I posted this question on the K-1 forum too. One poster got their EAD in less than 60 days, so it worked out well for them. They did get married shortly after entering though so for someone who waits toward the end of the 90 days I'm wondering if there would be a lapse? I thought I remembered reading that the regional offices, we have one in Hartford, will issue temporary interim EAD's until the permanent one came??? Even so; as you said temporary working for a couple of months is better than not working at all. Since I live in CT; JFK is not really that much of an inconvenience to me.

Michele

Yes Michele, I saw your post on the K-1 forum.

If Adrian could get some type of temp job that would be better then nothing, I am so worried about him coming here and sitting around the house for 3-4 months and not being able to do anything and being bored to death. I have already checked into GED prep classes so that will keep him busy for a little bit, but he really wants to work when he gets here....If we get an interview in May he will come here within a week of getting his visa and then we are going to try to have the wedding July 9th. and then send in AOS and EAD as soon as possible.

So Michele, how are things with your other half? I see you are going for a visit soon...are you going to file when you get back? or are ya'll going to wait a while longer? Good luck with everything

Joanna

10/25/2005 - I-129F packet mailed to TSC

11/03/2005 - NOA 1 from CSC

11/07/2005 - Check cashed

02/03/2006 - NOA2 by e-mail

05/03/2006 - Leave for Jamaica

05/09/2006 - Interview "VISA APPROVED"

05/15/2006 - Return from Jamaica

05/22/2006 - Called off the wedding and Adrian left

I still cannot figure this posting thing out...I knew how to do it in the old format but now it does not turn out right......can someone help me....How do you reply to just a "portion" of a post??? I delete the part I am not replying to and it does not show in a white box??? am I making any since, do ya'll understand what I am trying to say here??? :help:

I got 7 more post and I think I will go platinum!!!!! goiong to make more posts now :lol:

So Michele, how are things with your other half? I see you are going for a visit soon...are you going to file when you get back? or are ya'll going to wait a while longer? Good luck with everything

Joanna

This trip will help determine whether or not I'll file. It's either do or don't time. It will be a "business trip" of sorts although I'll definititely fit in some fun too. I'm really looking forward to going. I'm shopping and packing already B)

Michele

I got 7 more post and I think I will go platinum!!!!! goiong to make more posts now :lol:

Go girl, go! :lol:

I still cannot figure this posting thing out...I knew how to do it in the old format but now it does not turn out right......can someone help me....How do you reply to just a "portion" of a post??? I delete the part I am not replying to and it does not show in a white box??? am I making any since, do ya'll understand what I am trying to say here??? :help:

I just delete the part that I don't want and make sure that the rest is in "quotes"

-front and end. Usually works...

I just delete the part that I don't want and make sure that the rest is in "quotes"

-front and end. Usually works...

Ok just trying it to see if it works

OK that didnt come out right....sorry guys for this post I was just practicing.

Ok well if 750 is the magic number then this post should make me PLATINUM!!!! :lol:

Sorry as you can see I am very bored....and of course I am at work and have nothing better to do then sit on the internet. Hope everyone else is having a more exciting day then I am!!! :whistle:

OK ####### that added to my last post, i guess i didnt wait long enough :P

Just to give you guys a little update:Leo passed his poker class.He should recieve his certificate tomorrow.

He also got his permit a few weeks ago.He is doing very well with the driving.

On another note his daughter has been very sick,which has been stressful for us.Please keep us in your prayers.

Just to give you guys a little update:Leo passed his poker class.He should recieve his certificate tomorrow.

On another note his daughter has been very sick,which has been stressful for us.Please keep us in your prayers.

Congrats to Leo for passing his poker class, I watch poker on TV and still dont understand it.

Sorry to hear that his daughter is sick I will keep her in my prayers. Other then that glad to hear everything is going good for you.

Well maybe this post will make me PLATINUM......Ok now I am sounding like Rhonda, just before she became the Platinum Queen :lol::lol:

Congratulations to Leo on his accomplishments. Keeping your daughter in my thoughts...

OK IT WORKED I AM PLATINUM NOW WWWAAAAHHHOOO yes i am a dork

OK IT WORKED I AM PLATINUM NOW WWWAAAAHHHOOO

I'm jealous :P ..good job

:lol::thumbs::dance::lol:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.