reese1

Getting Close YAY

25 posts in this topic

Hello everyone, I am so excited. Our interview is in less than a week Jan. 23. My fiance just went and had his medical done, we have police cert., all forms printed and signed, pictures, passport, etc. I have one question about the birth certificate in the DR. Once you get the extracto de acta de nacimiento from the JCE does it expire? My fiance got his a few years ago and he is sure it expired. I know normally birth cert. don't expire but this is the DR. I guess I am just getting a little nervous now and quadruple checking everything. I don't want to have any delays that were on my part.

Our Journey
6/13/2012 Sent I-129F package
6/14/2012 NOA1 --> California Service Center
9/25/2012 NOA2
10/01/2012 NOA2 Hardcopy received
10/01/2012 NVC Received
10/19/2012 Left NVC
11/30/2012 Picked-up Packet from Local Post Office
01/16/2013 Medical
01/23/2013 Interview - In AP

09/24/2013 Visa picked-up from DOMEX
10/10/2013 POE Ft. Lauderdale

10/28/2013 Applied for Social Security Number

01/01/2014 WEDDING IN LAS VEGAS

heart_28.gif

Hello everyone, I am so excited. Our interview is in less than a week Jan. 23. My fiance just went and had his medical done, we have police cert., all forms printed and signed, pictures, passport, etc. I have one question about the birth certificate in the DR. Once you get the extracto de acta de nacimiento from the JCE does it expire? My fiance got his a few years ago and he is sure it expired. I know normally birth cert. don't expire but this is the DR. I guess I am just getting a little nervous now and quadruple checking everything. I don't want to have any delays that were on my part.

wishing you luck. :thumbs:

event.pngevent.png

z50f836a1120e6.gif

Our Journey
9/25/2012 NOA2
10/01/2012 NVC Received
10/19/2012 Left NVC
01/16/2013 Medical

heart_28.gif

Filed: Timeline

Why are you taking all your forms back with you to the interview? Shouldn't they already have those forms with them (police certificate, birth certificate) when you sent them to the US embassy? I got my interview date on the 25th Jan next week, and all it asked for was for the medical report, the fee and any proof that we have had contact since the last year and proof of engagement. I'm not sure if I have to bring along with me anything else to the interview.

Why are you taking all your forms back with you to the interview? Shouldn't they already have those forms with them (police certificate, birth certificate) when you sent them to the US embassy? I got my interview date on the 25th Jan next week, and all it asked for was for the medical report, the fee and any proof that we have had contact since the last year and proof of engagement. I'm not sure if I have to bring along with me anything else to the interview.

In the DR we only receive packet 4 so all of the information that is requested i.e police cert. etc. has to brought to the interview and you give it to them then. Not sure what country yours is for but in the DR you will need more than what you posted.

Our Journey
9/25/2012 NOA2
10/01/2012 NVC Received
10/19/2012 Left NVC
01/16/2013 Medical

heart_28.gif

In the DR we only receive packet 4 so all of the information that is requested i.e police cert. etc. has to brought to the interview and you give it to them then. Not sure what country yours is for but in the DR you will need more than what you posted.

Get a new Birth certifcate it is better to be safe than sorry , you knw how DR is , they will tell you, you have to jump through hoops and ladders if they feel like it . So its better if you take all your documents and copies just in case. YOU NEVER KNW . By the way good luck with the interview.

8/25/2012 - Married in DR

EMBASSY:

05/29/2013-Medical
06/21/2013-Interview Date
6/21/2013 APPROVED

06-24-2013-Visa ISSUED

6-26-2013 VISA IN HAND
06-30-2013-POE-JFK NYC

DOCUMENTS RECEIVED UPON POE

7/9/2013 - SS Card

01/06/2014- green card

Filed: Timeline

Ahhh got you! sounds good. Good luck man! I'm from USA, fiancee is in Pakistan. They requested packet 3.5 which has to have all the docs, and then they give date for interview.

Again, good luck! My fiancees interview is next week Thursday!

Ahhh got you! sounds good. Good luck man! I'm from USA, fiancee is in Pakistan. They requested packet 3.5 which has to have all the docs, and then they give date for interview.

Again, good luck! My fiancees interview is next week Thursday!

Best of luck to you as well!

Our Journey
9/25/2012 NOA2
10/01/2012 NVC Received
10/19/2012 Left NVC
01/16/2013 Medical

heart_28.gif

FYI don't get the extracto you actually need the "INEXTENZA" acta de nacimento, Although in some case it has been accepted as extracto, But from what I was told Inextenza is what normally used when it's referring to traveling process. Now the cert. doesn't not expired but it's good to have it current because when it's legalized and they stamp it on the back with the signature they also put a date on it I believe is the issued date, so they date your went to take it out. So normally within 6month is fine. Again is DR we talking about....

I wish you the best of luck your will do just fine, you seem to have everything under control just have an extra pair of eyes look over everything just in case you miss something. Other then that "SU VISA ASIDO APROVADA".... lol... Bring him home girl!!! :dance::thumbs:

Edited by GodsGift225

~* GodsGift225*~

FYI don't get the extracto you actually need the "INEXTENZA" acta de nacimento, Although in some case it has been accepted as extracto, But from what I was told Inextenza is what normally used when it's referring to traveling process. Now the cert. doesn't not expired but it's good to have it current because when it's legalized and they stamp it on the back with the signature they also put a date on it I believe is the issued date, so they date your went to take it out. So normally within 6month is fine. Again is DR we talking about....

I wish you the best of luck your will do just fine, you seem to have everything under control just have an extra pair of eyes look over everything just in case you miss something. Other then that "SU VISA ASIDO APROVADA".... lol... Bring him home girl!!! :dance::thumbs:

Ok, thanks. He has to go and pick up the medical on Tuesday so I will have him go and see about a new BC. The one he has he had to pay 400 pesos to get but that was when he got his passport a few years back. LOL don't worry I will be back on here posting everything I have packed in the diaper bag (we have to take our daughter no sitter) on Monday.

Our Journey
9/25/2012 NOA2
10/01/2012 NVC Received
10/19/2012 Left NVC
01/16/2013 Medical

heart_28.gif

Ok, thanks. He has to go and pick up the medical on Tuesday so I will have him go and see about a new BC. The one he has he had to pay 400 pesos to get but that was when he got his passport a few years back. LOL don't worry I will be back on here posting everything I have packed in the diaper bag (we have to take our daughter no sitter) on Monday.

JAJAJAA!!! GOOD! Just make sure to tell him to get the inextenza y que se la legalizan. I think we paid 500peso.... buenooo too bad you can't take in electronics in situations like this ipads come in really good hand!!! lol... I guess gold fishes it is....LOL.... and loli pops!! LOL....

~* GodsGift225*~

JAJAJAA!!! GOOD! Just make sure to tell him to get the inextenza y que se la legalizan. I think we paid 500peso.... buenooo too bad you can't take in electronics in situations like this ipads come in really good hand!!! lol... I guess gold fishes it is....LOL.... and loli pops!! LOL....

Yes lots of goldfish, we can't even take her toys as most of them have batteries in them and we found out from our visit before to the Embajada you can't take anything in that has batteries in it. Although that is not on the list of items.

Our Journey
9/25/2012 NOA2
10/01/2012 NVC Received
10/19/2012 Left NVC
01/16/2013 Medical

heart_28.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.