swiguy

Translations (Madrid embassy)

4 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Spain
Timeline

We are filing through the madrid embassy, my wife is a spanish national, with all her docs clean and in spanish. The embassy site says everything can be submitted to the lock box or NVC in Spanish, as long as we are going through spain. Is that true? I've seen so many posts about translating everything, and then saw this...it left me a bit confused. I just assumed to err on the side of caution and translate everything.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Spain
Timeline

Hi, first of all and in order to help you, we'd need to know what Visa you're applying for.

If you're starting the process for a K1 Fiance Visa (you want to get your Spanish girlfriend a Visa so that she can move in the States with you, and marry you within 90 days of her arrival) you, the US citizen, need to fill out the form I-129F, plus the filling fee (currently $340) and all the other papers required for the first part:

http://www.visajourney.com/content/k1guide

http://www.visajourney.com/content/k1flow

http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/menuitem.5af9bb95919f35e66f614176543f6d1a/?vgnextoid=a10e4154d7b3d010VgnVCM10000048f3d6a1RCRD&vgnextchannel=db029c7755cb9010VgnVCM10000045f3d6a1RCRD

You'll send this first package with the first set of forms to the USCIS Dallas Lockbox.

No translations needed for the K1 Visa since for the first part the you won't need any document in Spanish, and during the final stage of the process your fiancee will have a final interview at the Madrid Embassy, where they accept the forms in both English, and the language spoken in the country where the Embassy is located; in this case: Spanish.

If you need help with this process, check my profile (the 'About me' tab) and Timeline, and don't hesitate in contacting me. If you're applying for a different Visa just specify which one and other members will be glad to help you out!

:star:

Edited by Mrs.Him

2015: ROC w/Divorce waiver

8/14/2015 - (Day 00) - Mailed ROC package to CSC - [uSPS: Priority w/delivery confirmation]
8/17/2015 - (Day 03) - Package Delivered
8/19/2015 - (Day 05) - Check cashed

9/15/2015 - Biometrics app. done

2/18/2016 - APPROVED w/o an interview!

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

Sorry we are applying for the CR-1/IR-1 visa with an I-130. We have been living in spain a little under a year, since we moved back from California where we were married. We have been married since September of 2011.

I'd appreciate knowing which docs need to be in Spanish, which translated. Such as:

Birth Certificate

Our joint lease

Certificade de Fe de Vida y Estado

Police certificate

• 3 weeks later...
Timeline

If anyone knows the answer to the above please let us know!

Thank you!

Sorry we are applying for the CR-1/IR-1 visa with an I-130. We have been living in spain a little under a year, since we moved back from California where we were married. We have been married since September of 2011.

I'd appreciate knowing which docs need to be in Spanish, which translated. Such as:

Birth Certificate

Our joint lease

Certificade de Fe de Vida y Estado

Police certificate

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.