Jmbdino

I130 approved in 1 month Italy- next steps?

7 posts in this topic

Hey guys

So I sent the i130 for my italian husband December 4th and it was approved January 4th! I am so happy it took only a moth! But now I am confused on what we should do. I downloaded from the gov website the papers we need and a useful post on here showed me everything my husband needs for his interview. Although we didn't receive any packets yet, I kind of wanted to speed up the process so we faxed our ds 230 part 1 and applicants statement (we have our whole binder ready) what happens now? Will they call/email/fax for appointment? I am very confused and its impossible to get ahold of anyone at naples!!

Thanks in advance!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Italy
Timeline

I'm sorry I don't know the answer to your question. I just wanted to know how did you get approved so quickly?

They used Direct Consular Filing

Edited by a+j

- I am the beneficiary -

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Italy
Timeline

They used Direct Consular Filing

Yes, I can see that now. When the post was written there was no information yet.

OP I still have no idea how to help you. Maybe posting will give more visibility to your thread.

Good luck!

Giovanna

Filed: Other Country: Italy
Timeline

Yes I used direct consular filing and I called and called and emailed and emailed! If you used DCF you call call the USCIS for info. To speak to an actual human being, call 06-4674-2190 press 5 then 1.

Hello,there!

I am also planning on filing with the embassay in Rome for my Italian husband via DCF. I am wondering how you got approved so quickly? I am wondering if there is a certain amount of time that I need to be resident here in Italy, this is the only thing I feel may be an issue for us. I am pregnant and plan to deliver in the US in August. Do you think my husband will get his interview and approval prior to this date? I appreciate all the input ;)

Filed: Other Country: Italy
Timeline

Hey guys

So I sent the i130 for my italian husband December 4th and it was approved January 4th! I am so happy it took only a moth! But now I am confused on what we should do. I downloaded from the gov website the papers we need and a useful post on here showed me everything my husband needs for his interview. Although we didn't receive any packets yet, I kind of wanted to speed up the process so we faxed our ds 230 part 1 and applicants statement (we have our whole binder ready) what happens now? Will they call/email/fax for appointment? I am very confused and its impossible to get ahold of anyone at naples!!

Thanks in advance!

Hello, again! Also, what is this ds 230 part 1 and applicant's statement that you are speaking of?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.