braem

Do I still need to get a LON case number and confirm package receipt?

9 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

The wiki page on K-1/IR-1/C-1 UK-specific information says I should call the NVC and the embassy to verify that my package has been sent to London. Is this still necessary or can I safely assume they'll have I-129F and anything else they need?

The wiki page on K-1/IR-1/C-1 UK-specific information says I should call the NVC and the embassy to verify that my package has been sent to London. Is this still necessary or can I safely assume they'll have I-129F and anything else they need?

Most (myself included) contact the NVC to confirm that a) they've received the approved I-129F package and b) that it is on its way to London for peace of mind. Plus, if you can get the LND number during the call and move forward with scheduling the medical exam at Knightsbridge and the DS paperwork. In our case, it took about a month for USCIS to send our approved petition to NVC as it was literally sitting in the California Service Center's mailroom waiting for a batch of petitions to ship out.

Part One: The K-1 Visa Journey:

USCIS Receipt of I-129F: January 24, 2012 | Petition Approval: June 15, 2012 (No RFEs)
Interview: October 24, 2012 - Review | Visa Delivered: October 31, 2012

Part Two: Entry and Adjusting Status:

POE: November 18, 2012 (at SFO) - Review
Wedding: December 1, 2012 | Social Security: New cards received on December 7, 2012.
AOS Package (I-485/I-765/I-131) NOA1: February 19, 2013 | Biometrics Appt.: March 18, 2013
AP/EAD Approved: April 29, 2013 | Card Received: May 6, 2013 | AOS Interview Appt.: May 16, 2013 - Approved Review Card Received: May 24, 2013

Part Three: Removal of Conditions:

Coming Soon...

"When you're born you get a ticket to the freak show. When you're born in America, you get a front row seat." – George Carlin

Timeline

Plus, if you can get the LND number during the call and move forward with scheduling the medical exam at Knightsbridge and the DS paperwork.

Is there a specific benefit in having this number?

I assume you can't get a visa interview if the embassy doesn't have the copy of I-129F, and you don't have to explicitly request the I-129F package be sent to the embassy?

Is there a specific benefit in having this number?

I assume you can't get a visa interview if the embassy doesn't have the copy of I-129F, and you don't have to explicitly request the I-129F package be sent to the embassy?

Yes, as I noted in my response, having the LND number means you can schedule the Knightsbridge exam sooner as well as start working on the various DS forms that you'll need for the visa application process. You won't get a visa interview until London receives the approved I-129F petition from NVC, they receive your DS forms, and they receive the results from the Knightsbridge medical exam.

USCIS Receipt of I-129F: January 24, 2012 | Petition Approval: June 15, 2012 (No RFEs)

Wedding: December 1, 2012 | Social Security: New cards received on December 7, 2012.
AOS Package (I-485/I-765/I-131) NOA1: February 19, 2013 | Biometrics Appt.: March 18, 2013
AP/EAD Approved: April 29, 2013 | Card Received: May 6, 2013 | AOS Interview Appt.: May 16, 2013 - Approved Review Card Received: May 24, 2013

Coming Soon...

"When you're born you get a ticket to the freak show. When you're born in America, you get a front row seat." – George Carlin

Timeline

Yes, as I noted in my response, having the LND number means you can schedule the Knightsbridge exam sooner as well as start working on the various DS forms that you'll need for the visa application process. You won't get a visa interview until London receives the approved I-129F petition from NVC, they receive your DS forms, and they receive the results from the Knightsbridge medical exam.

Hm. Maybe I'm confused. I have a case number beginning with "LND" at the bottom of my embassy letter. Is this what the wiki page refers to as a LON case number? If so, I assume I only need to call NVC for peace of mind?

Hm. Maybe I'm confused. I have a case number beginning with "LND" at the bottom of my embassy letter. Is this what the wiki page refers to as a LON case number? If so, I assume I only need to call NVC for peace of mind?

LND is the consular number. I'm not sure which Wiki page you're referencing, but I seriously doubt those pages have been updated recently. Be sure to read the pinned K-1: NOA2 to interview thread at the top of the UK forum.

Coming Soon...

Timeline

LND is the consular number. I'm not sure which Wiki page you're referencing, but I seriously doubt those pages have been updated recently. Be sure to read the pinned K-1: NOA2 to interview thread at the top of the UK forum.

The page I'm referencing is http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/K-1_and_IR-1/CR-1_-_UK_Specific_Information#3._Get_your_LON_case_number_from_the_NVC

I'll give the pinned thread another read to see if it mentions calling about the NVC. Thanks for the help, by the way, both here and on the other thread. And congratulations on your recent weddding!

The page I'm referencing is http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/K-1_and_IR-1/CR-1_-_UK_Specific_Information#3._Get_your_LON_case_number_from_the_NVC

I'll give the pinned thread another read to see if it mentions calling about the NVC. Thanks for the help, by the way, both here and on the other thread. And congratulations on your recent weddding!

Yep, that page hasn't been updated since 2010 according to the wiki history notes. Thanks and Good luck!

Coming Soon...

It certainly wasn't a "LON" number in 2007, when I went through. It's been "LND" all along. I think someone made a mistake when writing that wiki.

Edit to add: fixx0red the wiki to show "LND" instead of "LON" throughout.

Edited by the maven

larissa-lima-says-who-is-against-the-que

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.