paadoggi

CRBA - US Passport Picked Up For Chilid

1 post in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

My wife just picked up my 5 month old son's passport and his CRBA certificate. The process was pretty straight forward thanks to help on Visajourney. Since I left Ghana a few days after his birth I was unable to report his birth because there was no appointment available.

My wife took in the required documents on December 12, 2012 and she was told to come a few weeks later for the passport. So she just picked it up today. Glory be to God.

This is the list of documents needed for the US embassy in Accra for CRBA (Counselor Report of Birth Abroad). My wife needed these because I was not in Ghana.

- DS-2029 (notarized)

- Affidavit of Residence (notorized) remind me, you have to print another page.

- DS-3053 consent form (notorized

- 2”x 2” full face passport photo with white background. 2 for DKAB II

- DS-11 US Passport application (unsigned) You'll sign it at embassy for (DKAB II)

- Birth Cert. of DKAB II

- the fee is $205 or the cedi equivalent ($100 for the consular report of birth abroad and $105 for the U.S. passport)

- You NEED to Proof of parents US citizenship. MUST HAVE ALL THE FOLLOWING DOCS for approval:

1) US passport notirized

2) True copy of child's live birth cert. with original seal of vital records office Church baptism/dedication certificate as well.

3) High School transcript (on unopened envelop from county)*****IRS TRANSCRIPTS for LAST 3 YEARS

4) Marriage cert.

5) Proof of physical presence in same location at time of conception. Very important so read all. Airline tickets, copy of visa stamps. Make sure you print those pictures I was taking at the hospital etc. At least 35-45 pics of different times and occasions Pics taken at hospital, naming ceremony of child etc. Organize and put stick-it notes to tell what's going on it the pictures on the different batches/groups to let them know what's going on; it'll make their job easier.

Labeling the groups will help. MOST IMPORTANT DOCUMENT/PICTURES should SHOW I US Citizen parent was THERE BEFORE AND AFTER Child's BIRTH. Make sure picture labels shows date daddy mommy etc.

6) Proof of mothers pregnancy, ultrasound, pre-natal records, hospital billing statements, and pictures

7) Pregnancy pictures

8) Pictures of us in the hospital before after Child's birth, naming ceremony, outdooring, us. Pictures showing Citizen parent and partner in Ghana

9) Passport passages (emailed to you)

10) Wedding pictures, engagement pictures, pictures before wedding including sample from the last few years

11) Wage statements (W2 forms) IRS Tax transcripts. Some bank statements and bills all on your pen drive.

12) E-mail forwarded to you from Accra embassy concerning CRBA

13) Any information that is important to you.

***this list is excessive; not all the above is required but the more prepared the better. At least solid 8-9 of the above will do. All is better!

Washington, DC

[/color]01/29/07 Green Card through Citizen mother

03/13/12 (0): N-400 mailed to Phoenix, AZ with USPS Overnight

03/24/12 (11): NOA received PD:03/15/2012

04/04/12 (21): Walk in Bio done

06/12/12 (91): Interview Scheduled and APPROVED!

07/24/12(133): Oath Ceremony Scheduled

I-130 Petition

USCIS - VSC

02/28/2012: I-130 Sent As LPR

03/04/2012: I-797 Rec'd Hard copy

10/04/2012: Upgrade from LPR to USC

10/08/2012: Hard copy of upgrade received in mail

11/26/2012: NOA2 E-mail (from Director of VSC; called actual VSC office line several times to inquire to speak to Associate Director).

NVC

11/27/2012: NVC received

11/30/2012: Case number/IIN

11/30/2012: DS-3032 sent

12/04/2012: AOS Bill PAID

12/05/2012: AOS Package sent

12/07/2012: DS-3032 accepted

12/10/2012: IV Bill PAID

12/12/2012: IV Package sent

12/19/2012: RFE recieved by NVC(correction on income mistake)

12/27/2012: IV Packet Accepted

01/08/2013: Case complete at NVC

03/05/2013: Accra

CONSULATE - US EMBASSY, ACCRA

02/15/2013: Embassy received

02/20/2012: Medical

03/05/2012: Interview

03/08/2013: Visa

XX/XX/2012: POE

Let's Share, Promote, Fund and Do It With The World; Impact The World!

The 1dollar1home.com Team

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.