jack999

apt lease question for a friend

2 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Folks - again, thanks for your kind assistance in my GC approval process! I am now asking a question for one of my friends as she has an evidence related question for her I751 application. she and her husband have signed a lease and rented an apartment living together. the lease expired a few months ago (September 2012). Currently they are still living in the same apartment. Their landlord didn't ask them to sign a new contract because of their good relations - they also prefer to pay rent on a month-by-month basis as this is more flexible. Next month, my friend is planning to file her I751 - her question is whether she and her husband have to sign a formal lease covering the time gap (September 2012 to February 2013)? Their landlord usually gave them a rent payment receipt each month. Can it be used as evidence instead a formal lease? Any other suggestions? I guess they are just trying not to be locked in a long-term lease (the new lease will last at least a year)...

She can ask the landlord to give her a notarized letter.

05/22/2012 - MAILED AOS PACKAGE.
06/04/2012 - RECEIVED NOTICE IN THE MAIL.
06/04/2012 - RECEIVED BIOMETRICS APPOINTMENT IN THE MAIL.
06/06/2012 - WALK IN BIOMETRICS COMPLETED.
07/11/2012 - TEXT AND EMAIL NOTIFICATIONS OF I-485 INTERVIEW APPOINTMENT.
07/13/2012 - RECEIVED HARD COPY OF INTERVIEW NOTICE IN THE MAIL.
07/28/2012 - EAD CARD PRODUCTION ORDER.
08/04/2012 - EAD CARD IN HAND.
08/15/2012 - GC INTERVIEW. APPROVED. PASSPORT STAMPED.
08/20/2012 - GC CARD PRODUCTION ORDERED.
08/23/2012 - GC RECEIVED.

06/28/2014 - MAILED I-751 PACKAGE

07/05/2014 - RECEIVED NOA 1

01/15/2016 - Interviewed and Approved.

08/02/2016 - N400 Interviewed and Approved.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.