doodle

Updated post...Withdrawing a K2 approval?

1 post in this topic

I will give a brief synopsis of what has happened.

ON my then fiances DS230 we stated that he had a daugther. When it asked if she would be immigrating with him now we said NO. When it asked if she would be immigrating at a later date we said YES. I was instructed that this was the best answer to give assuming that sometime in the future we may file an I-130 when she is old enough to decide that.

We went two days ago to the embassy to apply for a B2 visa for her and were rejected based on an existing petition already in her file showing that she is "intending to immigrate". The officer in Jamaica stated that we needed to "clear her name" off of the petition before he could process a B2.

I am trying to communicate through my congresspersons liason to the embassy. I am wondering if anyone knows how I can withdraw the mistake that I have made. I'm not sure if she's been approved for a K2...as nothing in my documentation ever has her name on it. No communication from USCIS or the NVC ever states her name. I am now wondering if they entered her name into the system based on the DS230 and are just trying to give us the run around...

I know this is monotonous and confusing...but if you have some insight I would love to hear it. I'm sending out my letter at noon today. I want to get the ball rolling as fast as possible before everything goes into the great abyss.

D

See Profile for K-1, AOS and Removing of Conditions Timelines:

Naturalization (N-400):

NOVEMBER 24, 2008 N-400 in the mail!

NOVEMBER 28, 2008 N-400 Arrives

DECEMBER 4, 2008 Check is Cashed!

DECEMBER 10, 2008 NOA1 Received

DECEMBER 16, 2008 NOA2 Received

JANUARY 6, 2009 Fingerprints

FEBRUARY 26, 2009 Interview date recieved

APRIL 8, 2009 Interview

JUNE 12, 2009 Oath Ceremony

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.