thinkerlove0212

Biometrics Done

4 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Biometrics appointment was for 10am at Norridge, Illinois near Ohare airport. Perfect because we live nearby 30 minutes away and heard stories of many making long trips. I expected a long morning of a packed office and long process because the Mexican population is heavy here. We arrived just past 9 and discovered a empty place with a handful of people young, old and from Germany, Africa, Mexico. A security guard in uniform clearly showing a security company not USCIS agent. She was polite and thorough gave a page to fill out. Here is where the problem starts. My wife fills it out using married name. We have not changed anything with Social Security office because we need this done and stalled getting state ID because sure we will get run around there also. She gets called and I went to follow but sternly told to go sit and wait. This is not a sterile secured area and nothing for me to tamper with. The women working the kiosk are not in anything that would identify them as working for USCIS or contract employees. My wife only has her passport. The paperwork is filled in pencil with her married name. Says she needs ID with new name. She directs us to an office I am assuming supervisor. He directly says then you need marriage license. I asked if we can go get it and come back. He says anytime before 3. Thank god we live nearby and go get it. Now office is pretty much empty. Still had to hear one firmly tell someone to sit down! Anne goes up and seems nice and cordial as I was still able to stand nearby and watch the process. So, I would suggest all bring marriage license and we played it safe brought some other docs with her name. We live nearby and if someone drives long distance this is not good. They seem to be set on handing a yellow card to everyone. Its a "customer satisfaction survey". I see everyone duly and diligently fill it out. I am thinking "really! are they serious". I am just put off by the office is nondescript on outside, 3rd party security as reception and workers not identifiable and not seem happy, instructions say to only bring identification.....her passport is her ID! Anyway its done and we spent day together and had a great lunch and dinner...another checked off on to do list!

Biometrics appointment was for 10am at Norridge, Illinois near Ohare airport. Perfect because we live nearby 30 minutes away and heard stories of many making long trips. I expected a long morning of a packed office and long process because the Mexican population is heavy here. We arrived just past 9 and discovered a empty place with a handful of people young, old and from Germany, Africa, Mexico. A security guard in uniform clearly showing a security company not USCIS agent. She was polite and thorough gave a page to fill out. Here is where the problem starts. My wife fills it out using married name. We have not changed anything with Social Security office because we need this done and stalled getting state ID because sure we will get run around there also. She gets called and I went to follow but sternly told to go sit and wait. This is not a sterile secured area and nothing for me to tamper with. The women working the kiosk are not in anything that would identify them as working for USCIS or contract employees. My wife only has her passport. The paperwork is filled in pencil with her married name. Says she needs ID with new name. She directs us to an office I am assuming supervisor. He directly says then you need marriage license. I asked if we can go get it and come back. He says anytime before 3. Thank god we live nearby and go get it. Now office is pretty much empty. Still had to hear one firmly tell someone to sit down! Anne goes up and seems nice and cordial as I was still able to stand nearby and watch the process. So, I would suggest all bring marriage license and we played it safe brought some other docs with her name. We live nearby and if someone drives long distance this is not good. They seem to be set on handing a yellow card to everyone. Its a "customer satisfaction survey". I see everyone duly and diligently fill it out. I am thinking "really! are they serious". I am just put off by the office is nondescript on outside, 3rd party security as reception and workers not identifiable and not seem happy, instructions say to only bring identification.....her passport is her ID! Anyway its done and we spent day together and had a great lunch and dinner...another checked off on to do list!

I realize your just venting, but the employees at the ASC office were just doing their job. there was a no name match, that's why you needed to have your marriage certificate.

US Embassy Manila website. bringing your spouse/fiancee to USA

http://manila.usembassy.gov/wwwh3204.html

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Also had my biometrics done. The ASC asked for my appointment letter, passport as ID and guess what a copy of my marriage certificate which just so happened that my husband brought along with us. So I was relieved that my darling husband was well prepared than I was or else we will have to be going back to the house to pick it up. That would be hassle especially if you live far away.

For the others who will have their biometrics please bring along a copy of your marriage certificate.

Edited by tearessa

Filed: Timeline

I realize your just venting, but the employees at the ASC office were just doing their job. there was a no name match, that's why you needed to have your marriage certificate.

Hello and regards,

If their job is to be inefficient and rude, then I would have to agree they are just going their job!

Thank you for your accurate description of what goes on, yea, its just like that around here too.

Sincerely and regards,

The Nascar fan

Edited by nascarfan

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.