Randall Dunn

Interview in Manila

1 post in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I was able to go to the interview with my fiance. I was really surprised how short the mini interviews were. The first window we went to was just to get fingerprints and answer questions like full name and birthday and places traveled abroad.

The second window was the location where all the papers were signed and I was asked for the I-134 document and a copy of my last years tax return. We also gave a few photos of us as this is the 3rd time to visit my fiance. We were asked how we met and places that my fiance has been to abroad. While discussing the locations we provided a Swedish Police Report as she stayed in Sweden for more than 6 months.

the third window was a female American representitive of the Consulate. She greeted us and asked us both to hold our right hand up to swear and affirm that all information is correct. She asked my fiance about where she had traveled abroad before and wanted to know if she worked abroad. The American then said: Congratulations, your Visa is approved. We were called back to her window as she then gave us a document to tell my fiance her rights in the USA as a battered woman would not affect her Visa.

We went to another window and the man gave us the appointment confirmation paper back and told us that we would have the Visa delivered to us.

We began at the Embassy at 5:30, 1st window at 9:00, second window at 10:30, third window at 11:15 then out of the building by 12:00.

The hardest part of the whole process was the waiting and the Medical interview as she had a couple of scratches on the inside of her arm that required her to go back for a psychological exam. The Medical was 5 trips total.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.