murr0304

DACA paperwork taking too long?

2 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

I helped my two cousins file their I-812D and they were both accepted on August 27th. They both had their biometrics appointments at the end of Sept together and one of them the I-812D was approved Nov 15 and the I765 on Nov 19th, but we still have not heard anything about the other one. It still says initial review. The only difference between the two, is that the one they have not approved is the one that was taken by ICE and is in removal proceedings, but had no final order. He stays at his home and always reports and follows what ICE asks of him. They both had no criminal record and are both in high school and met all the other requirements for the deferred action. I asked my cousin and he said no mail besides the biometrics appointment letter has come from USCIS. Should I be worried why one is taking so much longer than the other? Is there a number to call or someway to ask what is going on with his case? I am just worried if a RFE letter came or was lost in the mail or something, how would he know? How much longer should we expect to wait before hearing anything? -Thanks for any advice!!!

• 4 months later...
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

I helped my two cousins file their I-812D and they were both accepted on August 27th. They both had their biometrics appointments at the end of Sept together and one of them the I-812D was approved Nov 15 and the I765 on Nov 19th, but we still have not heard anything about the other one. It still says initial review. The only difference between the two, is that the one they have not approved is the one that was taken by ICE and is in removal proceedings, but had no final order. He stays at his home and always reports and follows what ICE asks of him. They both had no criminal record and are both in high school and met all the other requirements for the deferred action. I asked my cousin and he said no mail besides the biometrics appointment letter has come from USCIS. Should I be worried why one is taking so much longer than the other? Is there a number to call or someway to ask what is going on with his case? I am just worried if a RFE letter came or was lost in the mail or something, how would he know? How much longer should we expect to wait before hearing anything? -Thanks for any advice!!!

Hello,

His case may take longer due to the size of his A file. The applicant should call USCIS and ask to talk with an immigration officer. The first person that answers this line is a contractor. He needs to talk to someone with access to the actual file.

May be by this time you may have received an answer. If not, contact your congressmen and ask for assistance.

Best,

Marymoon

l love you and the horizon hides you in vain. Neruda

The information in this post is NOT intended and should NOT be construed as legal advice.

La información en este post NO es, NI intenta ser entendida como consejo legal.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.