JBoss

Does Islamabad consulate check US Naturalization certificate?

9 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Anybody knows if Islamabad consulate checks US Naturalization certificate for I-130 petitioner? I became US citizen when I came here under the age of 18. I do have a valid US passport but I do not possess a Naturalization certificate. Although I have applied for it but it might not arrive when my spouse will go for her interview. I just wana make sure if consulars at the embassy ask for it or not?

Thanks

Edited by JBoss

Timeline

one of the forms require providing the naturalization number so cant complete form withiut the naturalization number.

Which form is that bro? Are you talking about I-130? In that I mentioned that I got my citizenship through my dad and gave his naturalization #.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

I filled out the same docs became a citizen via parents also . im very sure we the petitiners are supppose to fill our information with our naturalization number. if you are a citizen you sshould have a naturalization number .

Timeline

when you file i-130 you suppose to attach documents proving that you are US citizen, if you did't send one, they might not approve your i-130 but if you sent your US passport with your i-130 that might be enough. you should check your i-130 instructions to see if they take US passport instead of the certification. I also became US citizen because i was under 18 and parent was citizen....But i do have that certification, it was given to me at the time i became citizen. I did sent that with i-130 and my US passport. I am not 100 % sure ( check i-130 instructions to be sure) but i believe the law said that you (petitioner) need to prove the US citizenship by providing the certification or the US passport.

Please let us know what you find after reading the instructions from i-130 form.

Timeline

Assalamoalaikum bro. Yah you are right. It does ask for either the "naturalization" cert or valid US "passport" so I did attach a copy of my passport with I-130. InshaAllah Im pretty sure this is enough evidence but I'm concerned what if consular officer at Islamad embassy asks for my naturalization cert instead or in addition to my passport? You see what I mean.

• 4 months later...
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

if you have a US passport you should have a naturalization certificate . cant get a passport without it.

This is not correct. If you naturalized while you were under 18 years of age you would have only gotten your US Passport, not the Naturalization certificate. You need to submit form N-600 to the USCIS after turning 18 to get your naturalization certificate. It is NOT required for you to have a naturalization certificate. I had the I-130 approved for me with just the US Passport. The Islamabad Consulate will be satisfied with your US Passport as well. No worries on the Naturalization certificate.

Thanks

Edited by hasheesha

Spoiler

5994d2f5ec3b4_OurStory.jpg.4a7b1c95cdc55c357b8ae1d0d480a5f8.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.