Bad_Daddy

Armed Guards Sent to Patrol Schools in LA, Phoenix

60 posts in this topic

There are some people who are either a) satisfied with the way things are or b) don't like the way things are, but love guns too much to try and change anything. Let's just bury our heads in the sand, ignore the problems (guns aren't the only one) and hope that the next time we go shopping, or to a movie, or to church, or the next time we send our kids off to school ... it won't be one of us.

The problem here is really simple: you can't have a civil debate about gun control because the pro gun crowd only hears take away the guns. How many threads have been started about this and it turns into a pissing contest the split second someone says, lets make it harder to get guns or do you really need to have assault rifles in your home? I've had two people tell me in detail what they would use an AR for and I commend them for their honest answers, the rest just want them because it's a right to own them, they don't care if someone uses the same weapons to wipe out children or other human beings. In order for any type of positive change, there has to be compromise on both sides, we have to find a way to limit guns in the hands of mentally challenged people and those who would do harm, and to allow law abiding citizens the access to protect themselves.

“Hate is too great a burden to bear. It injures the hater more than it injures the hated.” – Coretta Scott King

"Oppressive language does more than represent violence; it is violence; does more than represent the limits of knowledge; it limits knowledge." -Toni Morrison

He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

President-Obama-jpg.jpg

The problem here is really simple: you can't have a civil debate about gun control because the pro gun crowd only hears take away the guns. How many threads have been started about this and it turns into a pissing contest the split second someone says, lets make it harder to get guns or do you really need to have assault rifles in your home? I've had two people tell me in detail what they would use an AR for and I commend them for their honest answers, the rest just want them because it's a right to own them, they don't care if someone uses the same weapons to wipe out children or other human beings. In order for any type of positive change, there has to be compromise on both sides, we have to find a way to limit guns in the hands of mentally challenged people and those who would do harm, and to allow law abiding citizens the access to protect themselves.

Pretty much! I work with a very pro-gun crowd (Wisconsin in general likes their guns, it seems) ... and I'm all for legal, responsible gun ownership. Yet if anyone attempts to talk rationally about implementing rules and regulations, it becomes "YOU CAN'T TAKE MY GUNS!!!!" ... nobody's trying to!

and for the 100th time. why do you want to ban a weapon that kills less people than any other type of firearm. The reason we balk at the assault weapon ban is because it is a knee jerk insane reaction, that accomplishes nothing. it did not help last time, it will not help this time.

The reason we can't have serious gun debate in this country is because Liberals keep screaming about assault weapons, whatever that is, instead of being honest and talking about the real issues. Please Please explain to me why my AR-15 is more dangerous than a mini-14

and for the 100th time. why do you want to ban a weapon that kills less people than any other type of firearm. The reason we balk at the assault weapon ban is because it is a knee jerk insane reaction, that accomplishes nothing. it did not help last time, it will not help this time.

The reason we can't have serious gun debate in this country is because Liberals keep screaming about assault weapons, whatever that is, instead of being honest and talking about the real issues. Please Please explain to me why my AR-15 is more dangerous than a mini-14

It's always someone else's fault. :lol:

I personally think there's issues on BOTH sides that are stopping the conversation from happening.

Edited by Evylin

Pretty much! I work with a very pro-gun crowd (Wisconsin in general likes their guns, it seems) ... and I'm all for legal, responsible gun ownership. Yet if anyone attempts to talk rationally about implementing rules and regulations, it becomes "YOU CAN'T TAKE MY GUNS!!!!" ... nobody's trying to!

The problem is most of you keep talking about assault weapons ban. That is not rational, because that is the least of the problem. It's like an irrational fear of flying, because plane crashes make the news, and most auto crashes do not. Yet it is way more dangerous to drive.

Close the Gun show loop hole-makes perfect sense

Make any gun transaction require a back ground check

Prosecute heavily straw purchase buyers

Figure out how to have a list of mental people who can't buy guns

All these things make sense and do not violate my rights. Banning ugly guns is stupid.

Filed: Timeline
and for the 100th time. why do you want to ban a weapon that kills less people than any other type of firearm.

And for the 100th time, in all the posts favoring stricter gun control measures that I have come across and read and authored, an assault weapons ban would perhaps be welcomed but it has not emerged as the priority. One ought to be allowed to ask questions around the usefulness of such weapons in civilian hands w/o you guys jumping to conclusions. The common theme among gun control advocates is to identify and implement effective measures that ensure that guns are kept out of the hands of people who are unfit to handle them responsibly. If anything is clear, it is that more guns on the streets will NOT accomplish that.

I never said ban them, I just asked why do people need them. I am not for banning weapons because I know criminals will still get their hands on them. What I am for is responsible usage of firearms.

“Hate is too great a burden to bear. It injures the hater more than it injures the hated.” – Coretta Scott King

"Oppressive language does more than represent violence; it is violence; does more than represent the limits of knowledge; it limits knowledge." -Toni Morrison

He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

President-Obama-jpg.jpg

The problem is most of you keep talking about assault weapons ban. That is not rational, because that is the least of the problem. It's like an irrational fear of flying, because plane crashes make the news, and most auto crashes do not. Yet it is way more dangerous to drive.

All these things make sense and do not violate my rights. Banning ugly guns is stupid.

I'm not talking about a ban on anything.

Most people aren't, actually, but you're lumping everyone in together and putting words in our mouths that we're not actually saying. Total overreaction.

Edited by Evylin

So there we go. We agree. Problem is that the NRA and other gun nuts groups will fight any of these changes with everything they got. Are you a NRA member? If so, write LaPierre that the NRA should support these common sense measures. The other side of the debate will support them in a heartbeat. No letters required.

i don't care about you. i know what you've posted on this site over the years & i don't care to know you or anything more about you than you've posted here. you're really not as important as you think.

Funny thing is that you don't even seem to know what I posted here over the years. I post one thing and you manage to read something else. But since you don't care either way, maybe you could just manage to let it go, yes?

Funny thing is that you don't even seem to know what I posted here over the years. I post one thing and you manage to read something else. But since you don't care either way, maybe you could just manage to let it go, yes?

we've read a lot of things the other has posted. you like to try to intimidate people. i like confronting bullies. as long as you're being a bully, expect me to repond in kind.

7yqZWFL.jpg