3 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Hi Forum:

I am new to this forum . Quickly I am a US Citizen (since 2012). I have applied for my mothers I-130 with PD ( Dec 2012). My mother is a widow living all alone after my dads death in 2010. I wish to bring her and give her a better life. I am the only son . I have the below questions.

1. How long will the 1-130 take for the approval. The application has been sent to NBC with ( receipt # MSC ****** ) .Any idea which month uscis is processing the application for I-130.

2. what are the next steps I need to take inorder for me to sent to NVC, once the I-130 gets approved.

3. I am an IT consulltant workig on contract jobs. I finished my 6 months assignement with a large corp in Nov 2012. I am still waiting to get a new job. When it comes to Affidavit of Support , Not sure if i will have a job, In that case can my wife who is a full time employee with a good salary can sign an additional affidavit of support.

Look forward to hear back from the forum ..

My I-130 journey

Nov 2012 - Sent the I-130 application to AZ lockbox center

Dec 2012 - Received the NOTICE with MSC139********

Last update : 12/20/2012

Filed: IR-5 Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi Forum:

I am new to this forum . Quickly I am a US Citizen (since 2012). I have applied for my mothers I-130 with PD ( Dec 2012). My mother is a widow living all alone after my dads death in 2010. I wish to bring her and give her a better life. I am the only son . I have the below questions.

1. How long will the 1-130 take for the approval. The application has been sent to NBC with ( receipt # MSC ****** ) .Any idea which month uscis is processing the application for I-130.

2. what are the next steps I need to take inorder for me to sent to NVC, once the I-130 gets approved.

3. I am an IT consulltant workig on contract jobs. I finished my 6 months assignement with a large corp in Nov 2012. I am still waiting to get a new job. When it comes to Affidavit of Support , Not sure if i will have a job, In that case can my wife who is a full time employee with a good salary can sign an additional affidavit of support.

My I-130 journey

no idea about the process of uscis and nvc we have to wait to our turn...

in my case.

filed I-130 July 12, 2012

1ST NOA JULY 24, 2012

APPROVED I-130 TO USCIS AND SEND IT TO NVC OCT. 3, 2012

RECEIVED DS-3032 CHOICE OF AGENT ADDRESS FORM. DEC. 13, 2012 FROM NVC.

SEND IT BACK TO NVC, SIGNED DS-3032 FORM DEC. 13,2012.

RECEIVED DS-3032 FORM BY NVC DEC. 17, 2012.

AND NOW WE ARE WAITING FOR I-864 AOS, AFFIDAVIT OF SUPPPORT PACKAGE STILL NO RESPONSE FROM NVC.

WE REALLY HAVE TO WAIT OUR TURNS NO PREDICTION ON THE PROCESS FLOW...GODBLESS US ALL...

Edited by Aristedes John

Filed: IR-5 Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi Forum:

My I-130 journey

1. I filed Oct 3 & my petitions were forwarded to NBC too. Dad's petition got approved Dec 3 & mom's on Dec 14. Took 2 + months for the approval. It's anyone's guess which month they currently processing. But some that do get transferred to NBC are looking at 40 to 90 + days of approval. It's a hit or miss thing.

2. Read this for more information: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/402383-nvc-filers-december-2012/

The POST 1 got it covered.

3. Yes, you need co-sponsor. Your wife fill up I-1864A as co-sponsor & you fill up I-864 as the primary sponsor.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.