1 post in this topic

Hello everyone. ive been reading posts to see if i can find an answer to my question but i haven't quite found it yet so i decided o share my situation and see what is your input about it and please do not hesitate to be honest about it, i am a very realistic person and know my situation is not very desirable.

I got married in Nov 2009 to my GF. a couple of months after I gathered all the documents and the money required to apply for a green card for me and we applied (she is a citizen, i had a visitor visa). I received the Green card in may 2010 (conditional set to expire in may 2012).

as in any relationship we had our ups and downs, she left me before the two year mark, she divorced me and i was forced to apply to remove the conditions of my green card in march 2012. in Nov 2012 i received a notice from immigration that the evidence i had submitted was insufficient and that i have till feb 2013 to submit more evidence.

that is my case in a nutshell.

to go a little more into detail. i hired a lawyer to file for me but it looked like all they did was fill out the forms and submit the evidence for me. they never gave me advice on which options i had or what we could do to make my case stronger. my problem is as follow, during the time we were married we tried to have a baby but we found out she had masses in her ovaries and it was gonna cost money to treat her for it. During that time i was trying to get on my feet to get a good job with health insurance but i was only able to get temporary jobs where they offered little or no insurance at all. Her father and I decided the best way was to keep her under his insurance from his employer in order for her to get the treatments she needed but by doing that we could not file taxes together because it was possible for her dad's insurance to drop her. I just wanted my wife to get better so I never hesitated to do that. now that i filed the i751 i dont have tax returns together. what i have is as follow:

leases on the apartment we lived during the time of our marriage (i still live there in fact)

bank statements

proof of insurance

pictures of places we have been and pictures with her family including me.

electric bills with both our names

affidavits of 5 friends (mostly her friends since i dont have as many friends here)

life insurance where shes the beneficiary

it was rough times back then so neither of us had credit cards or made big purchases together.

I think i have a very weak case since i dont have tax returns together and this notice requesting more evidence is proof of it. i wonder if i get denied again after i send the rest of the evidence i have what would happen?. i wanna know if other people have gone through something similar to my case and see if they have any advice. i wasnt abused by her, we had a very healthy relationship in my opinion and i do not wanna lie about it.

i appreciate the help in advance.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.