Jinny49

DCF London - initial filing, affidavit & interview questions

3 posts in this topic

Hi all!

Got a couple of questions I wonder if people can help with.

1. According to the Guide for DCF, in some instances embassies are ok with you sending all supporting docs (police cert., birth cert. and affidavit of support) with the initial form. I wondered if anyone has done this, and what their experience with it was.

2. Re. the affidavit of support, I am the US party, but I've lived in the UK since birth (I'm a dual citizen) - as such, I have no tax returns to show. I understand that I can use assets, and that these must equate to roughly $56k. I have some savings in the US, and I also have a car that I bought in October 2012 for $17k - can I use this towards it, and if so, how do I prove how much it's worth? Do I need to take depreciation into account?!

3. I thought we would be interviewed together, but having looked at the guide again I think it may just be him. Can anyone advise on what the correct version is?

Thanks for your help everyone - it really is invaluable to us to have a resource like this. The embassy and US gov. sites are so dense and confusing...!

Hi all!

Got a couple of questions I wonder if people can help with.

1. According to the Guide for DCF, in some instances embassies are ok with you sending all supporting docs (police cert., birth cert. and affidavit of support) with the initial form. I wondered if anyone has done this, and what their experience with it was.

2. Re. the affidavit of support, I am the US party, but I've lived in the UK since birth (I'm a dual citizen) - as such, I have no tax returns to show. I understand that I can use assets, and that these must equate to roughly $56k. I have some savings in the US, and I also have a car that I bought in October 2012 for $17k - can I use this towards it, and if so, how do I prove how much it's worth? Do I need to take depreciation into account?!

3. I thought we would be interviewed together, but having looked at the guide again I think it may just be him. Can anyone advise on what the correct version is?

Thanks for your help everyone - it really is invaluable to us to have a resource like this. The embassy and US gov. sites are so dense and confusing...!

For London you will wait until your interview and present all supporting documents then. Only the immigrant has to attend the interview. You may request in advance to be granted admission to the embassy, but your presence does not affect the outcome positively or negatively.

Looks like they have changed the London DCF page because I was trying to find the link of what happens once the I-130 is approved and was going in circles. I did a search and found the page. Here's two things that might help you. Wait until your petition is approved and your file is passed from the USCIS office in London to the Immigrant Visa Unit, which falls under the Department of State umbrella.

http://london.usembassy.gov/ivprocess.html

http://london.usembassy.gov/ds2001.html

I'm a K1 person so can't answer as well as other London DCF persons will be able to, but the instructions in the links will give you some info to let you know what happens after your I-130 is approved.

Holly 2234 is a good source of info. Read this thread http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/371376-london-uk-dcf-2012/

Edited by Nich-Nick

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.