rubyred1979

Sydney Consulate so slow!

14 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

Hey all, is anyone aware of why the Sydney consulate is so delayed?? It seems like the majority of us that sent our packet 3's in December are still waiting for an interview date and those that have heard are getting February and even March interview dates. That's way beyond the 4-6 weeks I've seen for the majority of October and November filers. We have emailed them and we were given the same generic response we had gotten to another email which was you should receive packet 4 within 30 days...well we are at day 24 and are growing increasingly frustrated at no packet 4. Anyone heard what is going on there to slow them down so much??

event.png

Timeline

I'm in the same boat. Two emails and still no response. It's incredibly frustrating when people in October and November were getting their packet 4 within a week!!!!

Met online - July 19, 2011

First Visit to California - November 24, 2011

Second Visit to California with my children - March 22, 2012

Third visit Chris came to Australia - June 9, 2012

Got engaged - June 9, 2012

Sent I-129F - July 13, 2012

Received at Dallas Lockbox - July 17, 2012

NOA1 - July 17, 2012

Timeline

Just received an email from Sydney but not the one I want lol. Got the standard you'll hear from us within 30 days. Surely it can't take much longer!!!!

NOA1 - July 17, 2012

Timeline

Just received an email from Sydney but not the one I want lol. Got the standard you'll hear from us within 30 days. Surely it can't take much longer!!!!

Drat, hopefully it will be the one we are waiting for asap!! :)

event.png

Timeline

Hey all, is anyone aware of why the Sydney consulate is so delayed?? It seems like the majority of us that sent our packet 3's in December are still waiting for an interview date and those that have heard are getting February and even March interview dates. That's way beyond the 4-6 weeks I've seen for the majority of October and November filers. We have emailed them and we were given the same generic response we had gotten to another email which was you should receive packet 4 within 30 days...well we are at day 24 and are growing increasingly frustrated at no packet 4. Anyone heard what is going on there to slow them down so much??

I have no clue what's going on with them!!! It's absolutely insane. It took me over 6 emails to get a response and our packet 4 from them, but never received the email about waiting for a response for 30 days... I think I would of gone insane. I have you guys in my prayers I know how frustrating it is. They just replied to me with an email stating they received my request for an extension for our petition since it expires before our interview and I sent that email back on the 27th.

USCIS

03/31/2012: I-129F sent to Dallas Lockbox

04/03/2012: I-129F recieved and sent to VSC

04/06/2012: NOA1 text/email.

04/09/2012: Touched.

04/12/2012: NOA1 hardcopy.

09/06/2012: Service request placed- They advised I should hear something by 9/21

09/17/2012: Received letter from USCIS just to be told i'm within' normal processing time bleh.

10/03/2012: NOA2 text received - Best part is it's our 2nd year anniversary!! Great Gift! :)

Sydney Consulate

10/21/2012: Packet 3 Received

11/30/2012: Sent packet 3

12/27/2012: Received packet 4 Interview date :)

01/22/2013: Medical completed

02/05/2013: Interview date status: APPROVED 306 Days!!

02/22/2013: Visa in Hand

02/24/2013: POE- Dallas, TX- then connecting flight home!

Total Time it took to complete our K1 process- 10 months and 3 weeks!!! INSANE! (325 days)

Timeline

It's driving me nuts. Our wedding is March 30 which we figured at 4 months post NOA2 would be fine. Now I'm potentially looking at getting there just before and relying on my fiancé and his family to do everything for me aarrgghh!!!!

I'm also not sure what to do with my girls regarding schooling if we're still here for February and into March. At this stage I'm considering home schooling them with work from their new US school if we can organize that with their teachers there. Luckily my fiancé is PTA president and well known at the school!!

An interview in March, 3 months after sending in packet 3 is just ridiculous!!!

NOA1 - July 17, 2012

Timeline

yeah this is the most frustrating part of the process by far. If we are able to get an interview date in March and my fiance is then able to get over here in the same month, it will have been a 12 month process for us from NOA1 to POE in the US. So much for that 7-8 month average processing time :(

I'm sure its a big pain for you eden with kids to try to get into schools, etc. Sydney needs to get it together! Our wedding is planned for April 5!

Edited by rubyred1979

event.png

Timeline

Sydney needs to get it together! Our wedding is planned for April 5!

Amen to Sydney getting it together. Your weddings a week after ours yeeaaa. Hope we both get to the US with some time to spare beforehand lol. Are you doing a ceremony and reception or just courthouse?

NOA1 - July 17, 2012

Timeline

Amen to Sydney getting it together. Your weddings a week after ours yeeaaa. Hope we both get to the US with some time to spare beforehand lol. Are you doing a ceremony and reception or just courthouse?

We are doing a full on ceremony and reception, cant believe its less than 3 months away. Its so crazy how quickly its getting here!

event.png

Timeline

We are doing a full on ceremony and reception, cant believe its less than 3 months away. Its so crazy how quickly its getting here!

I know it's 81 days for us and counting!!! :)

I really thought I'd have a pretty good idea of when we'd be getting there by now. This part of the process is supposed to be the quickest!!! Day by day I'm becoming increasingly more frustrated and restless :(

NOA1 - July 17, 2012

• 2 months later...
Filed: Country: Australia
Timeline

My fiancee and I sent our packet 3 a month ago and have heard nothing. We sent a few emails and received the same generic response. It is coming up to the 30 day mark. Does anyone have any advice on what we should do? Should we email them again? Did anyone get an actual response from them and if so what did they write??

Thanks heaps guys

David

My fiancee and I sent our packet 3 a month ago and have heard nothing. We sent a few emails and received the same generic response. It is coming up to the 30 day mark. Does anyone have any advice on what we should do? Should we email them again? Did anyone get an actual response from them and if so what did they write??

Thanks heaps guys

David

I don't know if you'd want to do this but I emailed them the same message everyday until I got something useful. I also did this with NVC. One time I got an email back form the Sydney Consulate saying something like "Thanks for all the email requests..." hehe :innocent:

I am the USC.

Filed: Country: Australia
Timeline

I don't know if you'd want to do this but I emailed them the same message everyday until I got something useful. I also did this with NVC. One time I got an email back form the Sydney Consulate saying something like "Thanks for all the email requests..." hehe :innocent:

And you eventually got something back other than the generic response?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.