Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  

Conditional permanent resident wants to divorce US citizen due to abuse

4 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

I have been married for exactly one year and a week when I filed for divorce. I still have a year to go to file for the removal of conditions from my permanent residency to get the 10 year permanent residency. My husband and I started living together the day we got married and everything was great. I was completely in love with him but he changed. After a couple of months after marriage, he became emotionally and psychological abusive with me. We lived at my parents' house so they saw everything. I was devastated after his change and thought he was going to change back to a loving husband, but he never did until I decided to get a divorce. I know that I must prove that my marriage was entered in good faith and even though it was in good faith there are not many things that I can show as prove. We are both college students and all we have together are bank accounts and pictures. My question is: Is there any way that I can get approved just by showing those things? I also have a psychologist paper were he tells about his emotional and psychological abuse toward me. We went to marriage counseling once and he refused to go again.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

you need to decide if are going to file I-751 waiver based in mental abuse/bonafide marriage or just based in bonafide marriage.To prove mental abuse you have to prove EXTREME CRUELTY. You need to have some diagnose of depression,pos traumatic disorder or anxiety and that you are taking medications.The psychological evaluation must state how was your mental conditions before and after the abuse and you need to have substantial proof you can't "function" properly lately due the extreme abused suffered.In both cases, bonafide marriage that ended in divorce or mental abuse, you must proof commingling finances and commune residences.Good luck.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
- Back to Top -

Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.