^_^

NRA-backed Indiana law spells out when it's OK to shoot police

33 posts in this topic

Maybe the NRA is a little unbending because there are more than 20,000 gun laws on the books now. Yet, whenever anything happens, the knee jerk reaction is to enact a few more. The NRA was scoffed at for proposing police in schools. However when Bill Clinton was President and was implementing a program that did just that, I don't remember the outrage.

"Clinton also unveiled the $60-million fifth round of funding for "COPS in School," a Justice Department program that helps pay the costs of placing police officers in schools to help make them safer for students and teachers. The money will be used to provide 452 officers in schools in more than 220 communities" Clinton Pledges Funds to Add Police to Schools

You read posts here about- Armed police didn't help at Columbine. If you are looking for a 100% solution, it is not going to happen.

Feinstein has her knee jerk assault weapons ban ready to go, where are the corresponding mental health bills? Where are the multiple angles of attacking the problem of which people speak?

I am glad that most Americans appear to be unfazed by the hyperbole. Latest CBS gallup poll after the CT tragedy:

In a Gallup survey of 1,038 randomly selected adults, 54 percent said they have a "very favorable" or "mostly favorable" opinion of the powerful gun lobby. The NRA's support is down from its peak in 2005 - the last time Gallup asked the question - when 60 percent of respondents said they had positive views of the organization. The NRA's low point among public perception occurred in 1995 when only 42 percent of respondents said they viewed the organization favorably.

Poll: Majority of Americans view the NRA favorably

I surrendered my Federal Firearms License in 2005 just because it was impossible for me (as just a collector), to keep up with all the laws. Below is my last copy of STATE laws, and it is two inches thick. The Federal book is three volumes. So yeah - I am a little disbelieving that more laws will be anything other than "feel good" laws.

Statelaws_zpsd9a42b1a.jpg

Filed: Timeline
Maybe the NRA is a little unbending because there are more than 20,000 gun laws on the books now.

Doesn't matter if it's a million. These laws are NOT effective. You have a law that requires gun dealers to run background checks on individuals wanting to buy a firearm. Then you have a law exempting gun show deals from that requirement. Then you have a law exempting internet sales from that requirement. So there you have three laws - one good and two basically cutting the balls off of it. The NRA lobbied for the latter two. So lets get rid of them and have every gun purchase require a full background check. You think the NRA will go along? Of course not. Because they like to spread the smoke and mirrors like you just tried to do. It ain't working, man. It's all a big fat lie. There is effectively no gun control in this country. That is the situation we're in and that is the single biggest contributor to the tens of thousands of annual deaths by firearm. And anyone defending this ridiculous and unconscionable status quo has the blood of these victims on their hands.