sdqthsn

I 864 AOS -Blue Forms Section 221(g)

3 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

I have questions regarding CR1 for my wife. She went for an interview on Dec 21, 2012, at the interview they took her passport and gave her the green token and also she get the Blue form section 221(g) which states as follows:

"New, qualified Joint Sponsor: Your petitioner's and Joint Sponsor's incomes are not enough to sponsor you. Please send us an original signed Affidavit of Support (1-864) from a New, qualifying JOINT SPONSOR, along with all supporting documents from the most recent tax years".

I have submitted AOS for myself and no joint sponsor's and my annual income is USD45000 / year which I started the job in Aug 2012 and my last year 2011 tax return is USD20493 and household member is 3 and according to poverty guidelines for 3 person is $23862.

My question is why the counselor is not accepting my recent annual income which is greater than PG and why he is saying joint sponsor which I did not submitted the I-864A.

Does it help if I submit new I-864 completing the optional section "Assets to supplement income" showing the saving I have which is ten times greater the difference of tax year 2011 with the supporting documents.

I would really appreciate if anyone give advise if it's OK to resubmit the I 864 again.

Thanks for your kind inputs.

hi

the 864 requests 3 years worth of income. also since it goes BY YEAR, your 45K job you started in august will only count on your 2012 taxes - and it will only count as partial (ie 5 months out of 12).

your last year of taxes is 2011, and for that year you didnt qualify.

as for resubmitting with the additional assets, YES it would make a difference.

and i would also get a letter from your current employer stating your current salary, hire date, etc.

for your assets, be sure to show multiple bank statements showing balances.

i would pick a most recent statement, as well as something from 6 months ago, and even up to a year ago.

the more you show that you have this balance consistently, the more the embassy is going to like it.

you could also wait just a few weeks. once you get your w2 forms from your employers (ie current employer and wherever you worked last year prior to august), you can submit copies of those to as proof of income for 2012.

hope this helps.

sam

Summer 2005 Met in Delhi

Oct 2006 Married in Delhi

Apr 2007 Manu Arrives in the US

Sep 2008 Our son is born

Jun 2009 Removal of conditions (approved in 2 months!)

Dec 2010 Many Becomes citizen!

Aug 2011 Son #2 is born!

Nov 2012 Mom Immigrated

Jan 2012 Waiting for dad...

Filed: Timeline

I have questions regarding CR1 for my wife. She went for an interview on Dec 21, 2012, at the interview they took her passport and gave her the green token and also she get the Blue form section 221(g) which states as follows:

"New, qualified Joint Sponsor: Your petitioner's and Joint Sponsor's incomes are not enough to sponsor you. Please send us an original signed Affidavit of Support (1-864) from a New, qualifying JOINT SPONSOR, along with all supporting documents from the most recent tax years".

I have submitted AOS for myself and no joint sponsor's and my annual income is USD45000 / year which I started the job in Aug 2012 and my last year 2011 tax return is USD20493 and household member is 3 and according to poverty guidelines for 3 person is $23862.

My question is why the counselor is not accepting my recent annual income which is greater than PG and why he is saying joint sponsor which I did not submitted the I-864A.

Does it help if I submit new I-864 completing the optional section "Assets to supplement income" showing the saving I have which is ten times greater the difference of tax year 2011 with the supporting documents.

I would really appreciate if anyone give advise if it's OK to resubmit the I 864 again.

Thanks for your kind inputs.

Thank you so much for your inputs. I will dsefinately wait and resubmit I864 togather with the 2012 taxes and the W2 from my present employer.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.