lovejamaica

hate the weekend

33 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

You really need to lively up yourself. All this stress is not going to change anything. Missing work, you should save them days for when they arrive. There are others that are worse off. Your on your way and only waiting your almost there.

Cheer Up

i keep getting ill possibley from too much stress. alot of it, i'm only 28 years old and bout to be a mother to two teenagers. and never stressed about that part of it til now when they are almost here. it's not like there was anything to think about it has to be done and i am honored to step up to the plate. so on top of the stress if they will get their visa and if they will make the long journey here to the united states, i am sweating bullets about being a mother to teenagers. sooooo yes wise words stress won't change anything. and need to save time for when they arrive, i just still feel ill with a cold or something, have for like two weeks on and off. can't seem to shake it:(:(

Timeline

i keep getting ill possibley from too much stress. alot of it, i'm only 28 years old and bout to be a mother to two teenagers. and never stressed about that part of it til now when they are almost here. it's not like there was anything to think about it has to be done and i am honored to step up to the plate. so on top of the stress if they will get their visa and if they will make the long journey here to the united states, i am sweating bullets about being a mother to teenagers. sooooo yes wise words stress won't change anything. and need to save time for when they arrive, i just still feel ill with a cold or something, have for like two weeks on and off. can't seem to shake it:(:(

first the weekend, now the holidays, too many holidays...holiday after holiday. gosh. anybody else ready for a diet plan after their done with immigration and the holidays are over?

Calm down, you're almst done. Chances are it's a mind over matter issue and because you're worried you think you're sick . It could also be that you're not eating/sleeping properly so you are fatigued and hence 'feel sick'. If you want to instantly lift you're spirits just think of where you were last year this time in the process or about people who are just halfway in.

As for dealing with step kids who are teenagers just be firm, you and your husband must be in agreement (at least in the kids' presence-debate it later) when a decision is handed to them, don't try to be liked just be a parent and becareful that you're not giving preferential to anyone.

Timeline

and i don't understand what is the hours for the holiday? the website on the jamaican embassy has proven to not be correct. as evidenced by christmas eve being a holiday and it was not posted as a recognized holiday. Are they functioning on december 31st? happy holidays to everyone on visajourney and your kind words.

and i don't understand what is the hours for the holiday? the website on the jamaican embassy has proven to not be correct. as evidenced by christmas eve being a holiday and it was not posted as a recognized holiday. Are they functioning on december 31st? happy holidays to everyone on visajourney and your kind words.

They maybe open for 4 hours, I am still loss why you are hung up on the hours of operation for the embassy. You have stated that the visas was being printed, therefore it seems as if you are waiting on delivery of the visas through DHL.

Many posts have been posted that a visa can take any where from 4 days to 3 weeks. If they are still checking behind the screen and if the printing of the visa is through a vendor they have employed to do such service there is nothing the embassy can do. The printing of the visa may not be operating on the same hours and days as the embassy or DHL. There is nothing you can do but wait patiently until the holidays are over. At that time every business would have gone back to operating within normal business schedules.

Timeline

I don't really understand what is going on here. The embassy told me I am waiting for the visa to be printed, and delivered to dhl. However I also understand that there is some sort of "final approval" that happens after they take the passports, and before the visa is printed.....So i don't know what the heck I am waiting for and who is doing what. Life's Journey you are so wise. I have this picture in my head what you must look like. Are you jamaican? Are you a man or woman? You sound like a man.

Timeline

I don't really understand what is going on here. The embassy told me I am waiting for the visa to be printed, and delivered to dhl. However I also understand that there is some sort of "final approval" that happens after they take the passports, and before the visa is printed.....So i don't know what the heck I am waiting for and who is doing what. Life's Journey you are so wise. I have this picture in my head what you must look like. Are you jamaican? Are you a man or woman? You sound like a man.

I called dhl in jamaica yesterday. they tell me the same thing everytime i call " it has not left the embassy yet". so i assume that but the website where you track the visa is so misleading. it says "shipment shipped". dhl is open today, sunday, 9 am til 1 pm. i guess that's why i care jus as much about when the embassy is going to be open because i assume that they have to be open for dhl to receive the visas. so i don't understand what it is they are doing right now. i applied for the children to leave jamaica and become permanent residence of the united states. it is not just for a trip to come see their dad and myself. When i first got married i sent the baby mama 300 dollars twice to pay for application for them to come visit, right after that the kids got left with his sister and so i changed gears and applied for permanent residence. i feel like kids should be with either a mother or a father, so they can't be with their mother, so they need to be with their father. it's crowded where they live with his sister. i work two jobs, 12 hrs a day almost seven days a week. i'm so nervous to be a young mother to two teenagers. But in my heart i feel like it is what god wants. meanwhile this whole process through immigration this year has been fairly smooth considering all the holdups and things that can go wrong. the dna testing kind of held it up, the hurricane right in the middle of it didn't help anything. it has been fairly smooth.. I will post a timeline once the children come to the united states. in the meantime i don't want their identity to be revealed. jamaica is a long ways away and feel helpless to protect them. my husbend is scared of witch craft and haters in the world. I'm not so much i have a strong faith, don't know jack about witchcraft in jamaica but respect my mans' wishes to not identify his children on public sites until they are here.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

:wacko:

K1
VSC NOA1 --- March 8, 2012
NOA2 --- October 11, 2012
Visa Approved --- December 17, 2012
POE --- December 22, 2012

AOS
AOS/EAD/AP NOA1 --- March 4, 2013
Biometrics --- April 3, 2013

EAD/AP received --- May 16, 2013

AOS Interview --- August 9, 2013

GC in production --- August 9, 2013

GC received --- August 17, 2013

N400

Approved May, 2018

Oath May, 2018

I130 - Nebraska SC

NOA1 - August 30, 2018

Case approved - August 28, 2019

NVC -

Interview -

I am the USC who brought my fiancé here on a K1,  who's now a USC and is now filing for his mother - whose case just got approved :)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I called dhl in jamaica yesterday. they tell me the same thing everytime i call " it has not left the embassy yet". so i assume that but the website where you track the visa is so misleading. it says "shipment shipped". dhl is open today, sunday, 9 am til 1 pm. i guess that's why i care jus as much about when the embassy is going to be open because i assume that they have to be open for dhl to receive the visas. so i don't understand what it is they are doing right now. i applied for the children to leave jamaica and become permanent residence of the united states. it is not just for a trip to come see their dad and myself. When i first got married i sent the baby mama 300 dollars twice to pay for application for them to come visit, right after that the kids got left with his sister and so i changed gears and applied for permanent residence. i feel like kids should be with either a mother or a father, so they can't be with their mother, so they need to be with their father. it's crowded where they live with his sister. i work two jobs, 12 hrs a day almost seven days a week. i'm so nervous to be a young mother to two teenagers. But in my heart i feel like it is what god wants. meanwhile this whole process through immigration this year has been fairly smooth considering all the holdups and things that can go wrong. the dna testing kind of held it up, the hurricane right in the middle of it didn't help anything. it has been fairly smooth.. I will post a timeline once the children come to the united states. in the meantime i don't want their identity to be revealed. jamaica is a long ways away and feel helpless to protect them. my husbend is scared of witch craft and haters in the world. I'm not so much i have a strong faith, don't know jack about witchcraft in jamaica but respect my mans' wishes to not identify his children on public sites until they are here.

Who's asking you to reveal the kids identity? Who said you have to do that? For the timeline or VJ as a whole, you don't need to use anyone's real name. It sounds like this wait is really getting to you, as evidenced by your multiple posts and comments. As others have said on the site, THERE IS AP AFTER THE INTERVIEW SO VISA ISSUANCE CAN TAKE ANYWHERE FROM 4 DAYS TO 4 WEEKS OR MORE. AP means they do additional administrative processing of the files. Visas for permanent residents take longer than a visitors visa to be issued in Kingston Jamaica. If everything is fine with the file and no major AP required, the visa is quicker. My fiancé had his interview on Monday and his visa was in hand on Friday. I'm a Jamaican and your fear about witchcraft (obeah) is a bit funny and borderlines weird. RELAX and WAIT.... It will happen.

Edited by islandgal

K1
VSC NOA1 --- March 8, 2012
NOA2 --- October 11, 2012
Visa Approved --- December 17, 2012
POE --- December 22, 2012

AOS
AOS/EAD/AP NOA1 --- March 4, 2013
Biometrics --- April 3, 2013

EAD/AP received --- May 16, 2013

AOS Interview --- August 9, 2013

GC in production --- August 9, 2013

GC received --- August 17, 2013

N400

Approved May, 2018

Oath May, 2018

I130 - Nebraska SC

NOA1 - August 30, 2018

Case approved - August 28, 2019

NVC -

Interview -

I am the USC who brought my fiancé here on a K1,  who's now a USC and is now filing for his mother - whose case just got approved :)

Timeline

We all understand your frustration and eagerness. But with all due respect, please calm down. You should be well aware of how everyone in the US slows down in America during the last 2 weeks of the year. Regardless of the holiday schedule, individuals are also on vacation. Departments are short staffed. And Vermont had a LARGE backup with processing. These are all factors. The children will arrive soon enough and you can begin to play your roll as a step parent. They are fine, protected and safe with their family in JA and they will be fine when they arrive here.

Edited by Jamaicancricket

first the weekend, now the holidays, too many holidays...holiday after holiday. gosh. anybody else ready for a diet plan after their done with immigration and the holidays are over?

Didn't you say at the interview the embassy requested a DNA test AND further evidence of your husband's involvement in his kids life prior to their immigration journey? The embassy could be going through your evidence with a fine tooth comb hence why it's taking so long (AP).

I told you a few days after your interview that because your case isn't clear cut not to mention the holidays, it would be the new year before the visas would be ready?

Timeline

Didn't you say at the interview the embassy requested a DNA test AND further evidence of your husband's involvement in his kids life prior to their immigration journey? The embassy could be going through your evidence with a fine tooth comb hence why it's taking so long (AP).

I told you a few days after your interview that because your case isn't clear cut not to mention the holidays, it would be the new year before the visas would be ready?

Aadrian....I like your style!! ;)

Aadrian....I like your style!! ;)

It's the italic, it's got you hypnotized. :lol:

Hope the Mr is settled in and you guys have a very fruitful 2013.

PS. I hear the Clippers are on a 17 game winning streak. *cower in your flashy Jordans Brony* Remind the husband that it's on again come April-June.

Timeline

It's the italic, it's got you hypnotized. :lol:

Hope the Mr is settled in and you guys have a very fruitful 2013.

PS. I hear the Clippers are on a 17 game winning streak. *cower in your flashy Jordans Brony* Remind the husband that it's on again come April-June.

LMAO!!!! I'm upset about the Bulls and no DRose!! Ugh...I miss him!! Happy New Year to you too! And we've officially hacked this thread!

LMAO!!!! I'm upset about the Bulls and no DRose!! Ugh...I miss him!! Happy New Year to you too! And we've officially hacked this thread!

Because that's how we roll, yes consider this thread OFFICIALLY HIJACKED...until a mod shows up at least. :lol:

I know. He needs to recover and let this be his last injury 'cause Lord knows another one and he'll be demoted to coaching pip squeak Bball. His bio clock is running out, I'd hate for him to be getting his 1st ring at 39 or worse end up like C Barkley or Ken. YIKES! :hehe:

PS again. A friend recently went to a Bulls game. Had to warn that if she saw D court side she needed to control herself because Mama Rose will kick her @ss back to 'massah' days.

Edited by aaydrian

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.