Recently got married in Taishan, Guangdong

90 posts in this topic

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

ya, don't forget - is best to slam it in sideways, with the DS-230.

see

bleuawolf - http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/267559-usa-is-now-arizona/page__view__findpost__p__4100571

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Timeline

ya, don't forget - is best to slam it in sideways, with the DS-230.

see

bleuawolf - http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/267559-usa-is-now-arizona/page__view__findpost__p__4100571

will do. anyone know any cloud service like dropbox or google drive that ain't blocked in China?

Timeline

ya, there's actually a china one. kanbox !

http://articles.businessinsider.com/2012-04-27/tech/31419452_1_online-storage-cloud-storage-google-drive

My wife and I use kanbox for the last 6 months.

it's ok.

Edited by Darnell

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Timeline

I just got a letter from the SF local office. These following boxes are checked:

Certified marriage certificate for the petitioner and beneficiary

Notarial birth certificates and marriage certificates are not acceptable. Provide a certified marriage certificate with an English translation.

What are those? I sent in the white booklets I got with English translation when I got married. Could it be the red booklet?

Edited by etin

Timeline

see, photocopies of white books are sufficient when CSC or VSC does the adjudication.

so SFO has their own rules for adjudication? yikes.

I say make a photocopy of a complete white book, label it .

marriage certifiate white book = Provide a certified marriage certificate with an English translation.

perhaps they want the original white book ?

seriously, they are not using the same guidelines for adjudication as CSC or VSC.

Edited by Darnell

Timeline

see, photocopies of white books are sufficient when CSC or VSC does the adjudication.

so SFO has their own rules for adjudication? yikes.

I say make a photocopy of a complete white book, label it .

marriage certifiate white book = Provide a certified marriage certificate with an English translation.

perhaps they want the original white book ?

seriously, they are not using the same guidelines for adjudication as CSC or VSC.

so it can't be the red book right? because that book isn't even translated. should I make a infopass appointment and just bring in the original white book and copies of it? how long do u think it will take after doing this?

Edited by etin

Timeline

looks like the most earliest date for infopass is feb 8th... should I just send everything? the original white book marriage certification and get red book translated and certified? give it all!

Timeline

hang on a mo - gimme an hour and I'll write you a longish reply .

Timeline

OK - the Red Book is a certified marriage certificate. I always think of it as the original.

A white book is a combo document:

1. certified copy of the chinese marriage certificate, with red stamp.

2. notarial letter in chinese stating that the copy of the chinese marriage certificate matches the red book 100 percent, with red stamp

3. notarial letter in english stating that the copy of the chinese marriage certificate matches the red book 100 percent, with red stamp.

4. translation from chinese to english, of the chinese marriage certificate, with red stamp

5. notarial letter in chinese, stating that the english translation matches 100 percent, with red stamp

6. notarial letter in english, stating that the english translation matches 100 percent, with red stamp .

and that's it. the white book is bound, a small spine.

I suggest you send off a photocopy of the white book , all pages of it, along with a photocopy of the red book, with a letter of explanatation that describes the white book in the same manner I did above.

Also, make an infopass appointment, but once you print off the infopass letter, go in the next business day - telling the guard that you have to hand deliver requested evidence into the I-130 unit. Once at the I-130 unit - show them the white book and the red book, give them a photocopy of the white book, and explain what a white book is. Don't delay, don't wait till the appointment date - is quite possible to get into the local office with your RFE letter, the infopass and the stack o stuff - but you must convince the guard that it's an emergency. Once in, you get assigned a number, then the clerk at the panel glass will talk with you. DO NOT GIVE your documents to that clerk - tell the clerk you need someone from the I-130 unit for a face to face, to hand over documents.

That's it. Good Luck, and God Speed.

Timeline

hmm looks like the address on the letter is here http://www.yelp.com/biz/us-citizen-and-immigration-services-san-francisco. has a visiting hours sign.. mon-fri.. gonna check that out.

Timeline

I just went ahead and got the red book translated and certified. don't wanna take anymore risks and more delays. hope everything goes smoothly now. is the letter I got what you call an RFE also? it doesn't state that tho and how long do u think it will take now after they receive this?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.