yabasta

I94 driving license problem help

3 posts in this topic

Hi

I have been living and working in America for a few months now. I have a social security card and i have a learners permit to drive. I just finished working for Ford in Atlanta and was luck a si got a ride to work with my father in law. I went for my license today though so i can get to my nexy job(when i get one) and they told me they needed my I94. I told them that i was not given my I94 form back at POE. I had my visa and social security card and i had my learners permit but the GA DMV would not let me take the road test.

So anybody know what i can do to get my I94 or how i can get around this somehow? No idea why this has been so tough.

help please

23rd February 2005 Married.

10th May 2005 I130 packet sent to TEXAS forwarded to Cali.

12th May 2005 NOA1 Received date.

14th May 2005 delivered at 4:34 am LAGUNA NIGUEL, CA 92607.

23rd May 2005 NOA1 notice date.

27th May 2005 NOA1 hits the mailbox.

13th August 2005 po po form mailed off with £10 cheque.

2nd September 2005 po po letter arrives.

3rd September a 4 week visit to GA assuming i get allowed in.

30th september 130 days on I130 and counting.

(Hopefully i finally get a wedding ring today too)

30th November NOA2 date. woohoo

January 2006 case arrives at NVC finally(not sure about exact date)

17th February 2006 IV bill mailed back

21st April case complete (sorry i have missed some dates of forms going back and forth)

2nd May case forwarded to Embassy in London

10th July 2006 visa interview 10.30 a.m.

clyde80b.gifmeandnikki.gif

http://www.corona-baster.org

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

What visa do you have? You need to be able to prove you are a legal immigrant in the US. Normally someone who entered on a non-immigrant visa (K-3 or K-1) would have an I-94 that will tell them how long they are legally allowed to be in the US. K-1S and K-3s then adjust status by filing AOS applications. Your 'filed for' on your signature says you filed for CR1 - which is permanent resident status - in other words, a green card. If you arrived as a CR1 you should have either the stamp in your passport or your green card. If you have the stamp or the greencard you need to take that with you to show you are a legal permanent resident. If you arrived on a K-3, then you should have an I-94 in your passport as well. So what visa did you show them?

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

I am indeed on a CR1 and was baffled by this. I showed her my passport and and said that it was my visa. I filled the form out that they had given me with my alien number written down from my passport stamp and as my wife pointed out to me afterwards i didn`t need an I94 to get my learners permit so why did i for my actual license.

The woman at the DMV even checked with somebody as well so i am confused as hell. Thanks for responding. So i don`t need an I94? I haven`t needed it so far but wondered if it had been a mistake at the airport.

thanks for all your help.

23rd February 2005 Married.

10th May 2005 I130 packet sent to TEXAS forwarded to Cali.

12th May 2005 NOA1 Received date.

14th May 2005 delivered at 4:34 am LAGUNA NIGUEL, CA 92607.

23rd May 2005 NOA1 notice date.

27th May 2005 NOA1 hits the mailbox.

13th August 2005 po po form mailed off with £10 cheque.

2nd September 2005 po po letter arrives.

3rd September a 4 week visit to GA assuming i get allowed in.

30th september 130 days on I130 and counting.

(Hopefully i finally get a wedding ring today too)

30th November NOA2 date. woohoo

January 2006 case arrives at NVC finally(not sure about exact date)

17th February 2006 IV bill mailed back

21st April case complete (sorry i have missed some dates of forms going back and forth)

2nd May case forwarded to Embassy in London

10th July 2006 visa interview 10.30 a.m.

clyde80b.gifmeandnikki.gif

http://www.corona-baster.org

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.