Regan L

PLEASE HELP!

23 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

Im in America an am a American citizen my wife is Filipino, im filing a cr1 visa for her now. I gathered up all the required documentation and sent it to her, she gathered the rest of the supporting evidence and went to the Certificate of Birth Abroad appointment i had booked, i could not go because of my work here. When she got there they said that the LCR birth certificate she had for our child was invalid and they needed a NSO birth certificate, and that all her papers were perfect but she needed a nso birth certificate, well my baby is 2 months old and the NSO will not issue our child a birth certificate till she is 3 months old. I can handle that but then they said once my wife gets that info that a DNA test will be required, im so stressed out right now can someone please please tell me how do i get my dna there? What will happen? How long does it take? And how much does it cost?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Not sure who told her about the DNA testing, this came from the embassy website.

Evidence of the couple's relationship prior to the conception of the applicant.  The burden of proving a claim to U.S. citizenship, including blood relationship, is on the person making such claim.  Photos prior to the time of conception, letters, and other correspondence may help establish the couple's relationship prior to the conception of the applicant.  When no substantive form of credible evidence is available in conjunction with a CRBA or Passport application, a parent may find genetic testing to be a useful tool for confirming a stated biological relationship.  Note: Do not initiate a DNA test unless it was recommended by the Embassy for your pending CRBA or Passport application.  A DNA Test that was done independently and not according to Department of State procedures will not be accepted to support a CRBA or Passport application.  For more information, read the DNA Testing Procedures.  Click here for English version.  Click here for Filipino version.

I was told the exact same thing by the consular when I called a few weeks in regards to the posibility of child being born prior her visa getting approved.

Timeline

Not sure who told her about the DNA testing, this came from the embassy website.

Evidence of the couple's relationship prior to the conception of the applicant.  The burden of proving a claim to U.S. citizenship, including blood relationship, is on the person making such claim.  Photos prior to the time of conception, letters, and other correspondence may help establish the couple's relationship prior to the conception of the applicant.  When no substantive form of credible evidence is available in conjunction with a CRBA or Passport application, a parent may find genetic testing to be a useful tool for confirming a stated biological relationship.  Note: Do not initiate a DNA test unless it was recommended by the Embassy for your pending CRBA or Passport application.  A DNA Test that was done independently and not according to Department of State procedures will not be accepted to support a CRBA or Passport application.  For more information, read the DNA Testing Procedures.  Click here for English version.  Click here for Filipino version.

I was told the exact same thing by the consular when I called a few weeks in regards to the posibility of child being born prior her visa getting approved.

I sent her to the embassy with every single documentation and evidence imagineable, my research told me that they only request dna in extream cases

they only request dna in cases were there is not enough documentation

we have everythign, we have lots of evidence, i dont understand why they are asking for dna! Our kid looks exactly like me, shes sooo white, we were married when she got pregnant. Those facts along with the all the documentation i sent, i dont understand

Timeline

Aslo you do not need to wait 3 months. Look at #16, it guides you how to make it happen faster

https://www.ecensus.com.ph/Secure/FAQs.aspx

I would advise you to get a Philippine passport now for the child while you are waiting, it will save you fees when you depart Manila, as if your child leaves on an american passport he will be fined for overstaying the 21 day visitior rule, I hope this helps you

Timeline

I sent her to the embassy with every single documentation and evidence imagineable, my research told me that they only request dna in extream cases

they only request dna in cases were there is not enough documentation

we have everythign, we have lots of evidence, i dont understand why they are asking for dna! Our kid looks exactly like me, shes sooo white, we were married when she got pregnant. Those facts along with the all the documentation i sent, i dont understand

I would advise you to call the consular directly and find out why, they are closed Friday due to a holiday so try monday.

Timeline

I am also very confused

Legitimation/Legal Relationship - The child/applicant must meet the legal requirements pertaining to legitimation.  A child born to a female U.S. citizen (and a non-U.S. citizen father) is automatically legitimated.  Proof of legitimation is, however, required for a child born to a male U.S. citizen.  Persons born to an in-wedlock U.S. citizen father and non-U.S. citizen mother are legitimated by virtue of the marriage.  Persons born to an out-of-wedlock U.S. citizen father and non-U.S. citizen mother, and not legitimated by the natural parents' subsequent marriage can be legitimated under the Immigration and Nationality Act by one of two methods.  See the Legitimation Requirements for further details.

Since your married already they child qualifies by default. Again I would advise you to call. Was your wife married before? They could be questioning that

Timeline

Hello, you need to wait for Embassy to tell you when to take for your child's DNA test, they will give you list of DNA testing lab that is accredited by AABB. I did it with my son and it took me like 2 months from the date they took him a DNA test up to where i received his US passport. The link below will help you, I called almost half of this lab testing solutions and the cheapest one I got is the DDC. It dont matter if the states is not where you resides now cause they have an accredited lab testing center almost in every states. I am living in Oklahoma and they sent me to the nearest lab here. I only paid like $675 .

http://www.aabb.org/sa/facilities/Pages/RTestAccrFac.aspx

Edited by brian and aileen

K-1 VISA APPLICATION

June 13, 2011 - Application send to USCIS thru Fedex

June 17, 2011 - I-129F Packet received by USCIS Signed for by: JCATES

June 22, 2011 - NOA1 (via email)

Oct. 12, 2011 - NOA2 (on USCIS website)

Nov. 28, 2011 - VISA APPROVED . Thank you Lord!!!

For more Info: Please look at my timeline...

Timeline

I am also very confused

Legitimation/Legal Relationship - The child/applicant must meet the legal requirements pertaining to legitimation.  A child born to a female U.S. citizen (and a non-U.S. citizen father) is automatically legitimated.  Proof of legitimation is, however, required for a child born to a male U.S. citizen.  Persons born to an in-wedlock U.S. citizen father and non-U.S. citizen mother are legitimated by virtue of the marriage.  Persons born to an out-of-wedlock U.S. citizen father and non-U.S. citizen mother, and not legitimated by the natural parents' subsequent marriage can be legitimated under the Immigration and Nationality Act by one of two methods.  See the Legitimation Requirements for further details.

Since your married already they child qualifies by default. Again I would advise you to call. Was your wife married before? They could be questioning that

excellent point, im 19 and was married when i was 18, i had special permission by the us embassy in manila and my parents, and my wife is 24 now, we have never been married b4. You can my wife get issued her visa b4 the crba is processed? because her appointment is in december and she is in manila right now.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Belarus
Timeline

For those who have successfully gone through the CRBA in USEM, did both parents attend the interview? I don't know if that would have made a difference for the OP situation.

•The child must be present a the interview. Both parents are strongly encouraged to accompany the child.

http://manila.usembassy.gov/service/citizenship/first-time-report-of-birth-abroad7.html

Timeline

During my interview the consul asked me why my fiance is not with me(its just me and my son on the interview day).I told him my fiance have work and he got no day off to come here in the Philippines and accompany me for my interview. He just said oh ok, as long as you are complete with your documents (i gave him every single evidence i can provide) you will be fine. Since he is only my "fiance" at that time ,maybe that's the reason why the consul requested me a DNA test. Everything went smoothly.

K-1 VISA APPLICATION

Timeline

Hello, you need to wait for Embassy to tell you when to take for your child's DNA test, they will give you list of DNA testing lab that is accredited by AABB. I did it with my son and it took me like 2 months from the date they took him a DNA test up to where i received his US passport. The link below will help you, I called almost half of this lab testing solutions and the cheapest one I got is the DDC. It dont matter if the states is not where you resides now cause they have an accredited lab testing center almost in every states. I am living in Oklahoma and they sent me to the nearest lab here. I only paid like $675 .

http://www.aabb.org/sa/facilities/Pages/RTestAccrFac.aspx

the person who told my wife was just the person who takes the papers not the interviewer, do you think there is still a chance she dosent have to get a dna test done? can my wife still get her cr1 visa if the crba is not yet done?

Timeline

During my interview the consul asked me why my fiance is not with me(its just me and my son on the interview day).I told him my fiance have work and he got no day off to come here in the Philippines and accompany me for my interview. He just said oh ok, as long as you are complete with your documents (i gave him every single evidence i can provide) you will be fine. Since he is only my "fiance" at that time ,maybe that's the reason why the consul requested me a DNA test. Everything went smoothly.

thank you for this, i needed to hear that, you have lifted a weight off my shoulders! my situation is exactly the same except we are married. and was when our my wife got pregnant

Timeline

They really wont accept LCR, that's the reason why she wasn't able to be interviewed that day. They want birth Certificate authenticated by the NSO. It depends on the consul if she/he will required you a DNA test. the only person who will require you to take DNA is the interviewer/consul. During my appointment day after my documents was pre-screened i was interviewed on the same day. And got the approval. Within 2 months I already got my son's copy from NSO . What I did was I talked to the local Civil registrar clerk and asked a request to submit my son's birth certificicate to NSO main office cause I need it for my son's US passport.

K-1 VISA APPLICATION

Timeline

Im in America an am a American citizen my wife is Filipino, im filing a cr1 visa for her now. I gathered up all the required documentation and sent it to her, she gathered the rest of the supporting evidence and went to the Certificate of Birth Abroad appointment i had booked, i could not go because of my work here. When she got there they said that the LCR birth certificate she had for our child was invalid and they needed a NSO birth certificate, and that all her papers were perfect but she needed a nso birth certificate, well my baby is 2 months old and the NSO will not issue our child a birth certificate till she is 3 months old. I can handle that but then they said once my wife gets that info that a DNA test will be required, im so stressed out right now can someone please please tell me how do i get my dna there? What will happen? How long does it take? And how much does it cost?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My fiance(American Citizen) and I filed the CRBA 16 days ago. I gave birth last October 11, 2012 and got my baby's birth certificate from NSO 32 days after I gave birth. I went to Local Civil Registry in Quezon City to ask for an endorsement letter. They forwarded my baby's birth certificate to NSO (advance endorsement)3 weeks after I gave birth. I brought the letter to NSO main office (East Avenue, Quezon City) and they asked me to go to their other building (old one) to ask Ms Chatty (supervisor on 4th floor) to expedite the process for an authenticated birth certificate. 1 day before my daughter's US embassy appointment for CRBA, I was able to get her birth certificate.

DNA is not needed unless the Consul will advise your wife to do so. With our experience, my fiance was with me and our daughter, and they checked our papers and had an interview for 3 minutes and we were approved. 13 days after the appointment, our baby's passport was delivered along with her CRBA certificate.They will usually tell you in the EMbassy to wait for 4 weeks but most people I know got their child's passport in 2 weeks or less.

NOTE: The most important thing they'll look into is proof that you and your wife were together during the time that the baby was conceived.

In our case, not only that we were able to show them passport stamps but also our baby resembles her dad too.;)

Good luck to you and your wife!:)

Edited by Z and Roxy

event.png

Timeline

well do you know thats the reason? once you went to the dna test what happened, what happened to your dna, my wife lives 600 miles away from manila and its hard to send her there, so i need to know what to do so i can do it in one trip.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.