sarah and hicham

evidence of relationship

17 posts in this topic

Sarah, we didn't bother translating the emails and letters (they were in French), but in the end the interviewer never even looked at them. As far as I can tell, if they want those things translated the worst that will happen is they'll issue a 221g asking for the translations prior to issuing the visa. As others have said, these denials don't seem to be due to not having stuff translated, they're really for no apparent reason.

Phone cards aren't really good proof... Since Majid and I really communicated almost exclusively through phone cards, about once a month, just to bolster our application, we would send each other emails, do IM chats and keep the logs. I occasionally called him from my cell phone just to be able to have the record, even though it was really expensive. The services others have suggested are a really good idea too.

From now on, save everything, including the envelopes. You can only bring so much evidence to the interview anyway, and you have a few more months to wait. That's plenty of time to gather the evidence you need.

Sharon

Inlovingmemory-2.gif

October 13, 2005: VISA IN HAND!!!

November 15, 2005 - Arrival at JFK!!!

January 28, 2006 - WEDDING!!!

February 27, 2006 - Sent in AOS

June 23, 2006 - AP approved

June 29, 2006 - EAD approved

June 29, 2006 - Transferred to CSC

October 2006 - 2 year green card received!

July 15, 2008 - Sent in I-751

July 22, 2008 - I-751 NOA

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

I submitted one phone bill that showed I had called 12 times and it never made it through, just 1 minute charges. I wrote on the bill that is why I never used my home phone but used calling cards. I don't think they even looked at that one bill. We use IDT now and as far as I know it will show the log you want if you want to send it and it is about 18 cent a minute. You'll have time to collect all the information you need. Check the requirements on the directions for the forms, they tell you exactly what you need to send too. There are example forms under the blue tab at the top that will help too. Abdou didn't take anything that he had sent me for his interview, as I had it. He took the cards, letters and such I had been sending him over the years. Best of Luck!

Doreen :D

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/SupportingMoroccanLove/

6/14/03 Met Online

9/30/2003 He was denied a Tourist Visa

1/7/2004 Sent 1-129F-tried to prove hardship; many reasons

8/8/2004 Petition denied

After 214 Days of waiting

10/11/2004 Returned from Morocco even more in love.

11/15/2004 Mailed I-129F off to Nebraska

2/11/05 APPROVAL

2/14/05 EMAIL, OUR PETITION HAS BEEN APPROVED

86 Days what an awesome feeling

2/25/05 Email received from nvc, given case number

3/21/05 Email from consulate

b]INTERVIEW DATE 5/10/05[/b]

3/31/05 Fiance finally receives his packet from the consulate

4/12/05 He had medical exam

5/10/05 INTERVIEW WAS A SUCCESS

5/18/05 VISA IN HAND

Took 214 Days for a denial, but IN 205 days He will be HOME

6/10/05 Abdou arrives in America, what a happy day!

6/13/05 Applied for SSN

6/23/05 6 p.m. We were MARRIED; honeymoon in Gatlinburg

8/13/05 AOS and EAD paperwork mailed

8/25/05 NOAs in the mail!!! Yea!

11/25/05 - BIOMETRIC DATE

01/26/06 - AOS SUCCESSFUL INTERVIEW AND HE GETS HIS FIRST JOB AT FIRST JOB INTERVIEW

02/13/06 - GREEN CARD ARRIVED

4/22/06 - Driver's License!!

11/05/2007 Filed to Lift conditions[/color]

11/07/07 - NOA1 received

12/21/07 - Biometrics completed

04/08/08 - 10 YEAR CARD APPROVED

04/14/08 - CARD IN HAND !!!!!

11/3/08 - Filed for Citizenship

11/29/08 - Biometric Appointment

02/03/09 - Citizenship Interview, HE PASSED

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.