Mags

Still waiting...

27 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Well, tomorrow it will be a month since my interview and still no bloody visa. I was approved and then they sent me a letter asking for some more info. Course, by the time the letter got to me I'd handed in my notice at work (cos they'd told me I was approved). They held onto my passport (they still have it) and told me the visa would be 3-5 days.

Well, I did what they asked and sent them the info they needed....but still nothing.

I had an email response last week saying "your visa is in the final stages of processing" but that was over a week ago.

Now I have a further problem, I asked my visa to be delivered to my work...which I finish tomorrow.

It's a mess and I'm tearing my hair out. :(

I can't do anything til that visa arrives. I can't finalise my house, I can't ship my belongings and I can't book flight tickets. Oh, and I no longer have a job.

Bloody consulate.

Edited by mags

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
Well, tomorrow it will be a month since my interview and still no bloody visa. I was approved and then they sent me a letter asking for some more info. Course, by the time the letter got to me I'd handed in my notice at work (cos they'd told me I was approved). They held onto my passport (they still have it) and told me the visa would be 3-5 days.

Well, I did what they asked and sent them the info they needed....but still nothing.

I had an email response last week saying "your visa is in the final stages of processing" but that was over a week ago.

Now I have a further problem, I asked my visa to be delivered to my work...which I finish tomorrow.

It's a mess and I'm tearing my hair out. :(

I can't do anything til that visa arrives. I can't finalise my house, I can't ship my belongings and I can't book flight tickets. Oh, and I no longer have a job.

Bloody consulate.

Sorry for what you are going through (althought it's a good example at your expense of why people are advised not to make any plans until the visa is in their hand). Is there anyway for you to call the consulate and find out what is going on as well as change the delivery address? If not, can your place of employment call you when it arrives?

Timeline
Can Cian call the number for you? Something about the American half can call the DOS (dept of state), once he gets through then press 1, 1, 0 to go straight to an operator.

Thanks D, I'll get him to try it. Can't hurt I guess. :)

Kitkat ~ Thing is, when you have your interview and they tell you you're approved, and that the visa will be with you within 48 hours, you kind of feel that it is all right to make plans, hence my handing in my notice. If they'd have told me that I had to sort out the additional stuff for them at the interview I'd understand. But they didn't, they waited a few days then sent me the letter requesting stuff.

THAT'S my main moan.

Edited by mags

And also call the SMS company to change your delivery address, also ask them if they have picked up your passport yet!! :thumbs: ...........and good luck :yes:

Amanda-England (Yorkshire)- Mark-USA(Michigan)

April/04/2005- Visa journey began!!

We did both K3 & CR1 visa's, got both!!- I returned to England for my CR1 interview after first arriving on a K3 visa!!

May/25th 2006- Green card arrives in the mail................YAY!!

19th June 2006 I Had to go to the Social Security Office to get my number, the DS-230 didnt work for me!!

26-June-2006- Social Security# arrived in the mail....YAY!!

Feb 2008 lift conditions <<<reminder to self!!<<<< went to England for a visit instead, no rush right, 90 days is a long time,LOL

Removing Conditions Begins

Mailed I-751 April 12th 2008

signed for @ NSC April 16th

NOA date April 16th

Conditional GC expired May 5th 2008

Biometrics Detroit May 10th 2008

10 year Green card ordered August 20th 2008

Citizenship any time from feb 2009

Filed: Timeline

The visas were issued on October 26th. A delivery was attempted. That's all I could find out. She has to call tonight to change the delivery address. 8 days of stress for nothing! They couldn't just call the phone number she gave them, could they? lol

Looks like I gotta go get some sleep. Gotta talk to my baby in a few hours, then get busy on the house!

Lady, people aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. ####### coated bastards with ####### filling. But I don't find them half as annoying as I find naive bobble-headed optimists who walk around vomiting sunshine.

Timeline

Phew! Well, just phoned the courier company. They let me change the address and...they are delivering it tomorrow for me (Saturday). No extra charge! And the hours are better on a Saturday 9-5.

I got no delivery card from them saying they attempted delivery. I reckon what has happened is that the courier has walked about the hospital for a bit and, rather than phoning the number I gave them, just walked out again.

I tell ya something...they owe me about 30,000 grey hairs for this last week!

Toss pots. :lol:

P.S. Thanks for the advice everyone. Big sloppy kisses and hugs to ya all. :P

Edited by mags

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Timeline
:dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance: Woooooooooooooo hooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Won't be long and we can meet up for some dry walling fun, oh wait no for dinner! :hehe:

Mmmn, tough decision...dry walling or food. Let me think now....

FOOD!!! :lol:

Sounds lovely btw!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.