Quintin&Regee

Preparing for the NVC

7 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

I filed my I-130 in October and I am currently scheduled to leave the country to stay with my spouse until she can come back with me. I'm still waiting for my NOA2 but I am praying that I will not receive any RFES. If that does happen may I mail my RFE response from the Philippines? Should I notify the USCIS that I am staying in the Philippines for an extended period. As of now I know I incorrectly filled out one section of the G325 and put my wife's last name as her first name and on the I-130 for question 22 I did not put the Manila Embassy I just put none. For my evidence I sent only recent chat logs, pictures of our wedding, a money remmitance attached to my bank account with a short history and a plane ticket for my stay which my grandmother paid for. I met her and married her on my first meeting the only previous history we have is adding each other on facebook and 3 messages I never thought I would fall in love with her and marry her. Should I expect a RFE, I've been rather paranoid reading heavy RFE's received requesting a large amount of information regarding the marriage but I haven't seen any from the Philippines so I am sort of tugging inside on being worried or not. I am only 21 and essentially my grandmother paid for everything, my plane ticket, marriage, and is supporting my marriage. I have other family members supporting me as well so I was wondering should I create affidavits from each family member supporting me for the NVC stage? I am extremely worried and just want to be prepared before I leave.

Filed: Other Timeline

U will need I 864 (support) for NVC and if earnings are inadequate U will need a co-sponser, now.... Y not stay in the US to earn some money for yourself, will U be able to legally work there? You are young they may deny due to the fact U et only once, & and all your financing is by someone else, the consulate needs proof that the relationship is bonified, the beneficiary wont become a public charge, there will be questions no doubt.

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

That is the whole reason I am staying there for an extended period of time to create evidence. I really can't stand staying here any longer I miss my wife so much. I've heard stories of many young couples being supported by there family. I have a large family that lives well enough for me to have many sponser's. I am actually joining the military and will be in the Delayed Entry Program so basically sitting around until I go to boot camp. I have lots of family in the Philippines that is supporting me as well. Its really a cultural thing in which Filipino families really support one another to a large extent

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

Yeah man, I don't want to tell you what to do, but I'll tell you what I did. I'm also young, though not as young as you. I'm 30 now, but I met my wife when I was 28, fresh out of college on the GI Bill, and on an adventure to teach English overseas. A bike wreck in Thailand resulted in nasty facial injuries and ended that plan, but I had already met my wife. Anyway, long story short, I've been working my #### off in the U.S. as a truck driver for the past two years to make my affidavit of support look nice. That's what I did. You may want to do the same. Believe me, man, I've thought plenty of times about going back to Thailand or Vietnam or Cambodia or where ever my wife can easily come with me, get a job teaching English (now that I'm healed and I can talk again), and live like a king on the local economy, but that affidavit of support gets me every time. Even after working two years, I still only have one year where I've made over the poverty line, since my first year as a noob netted well below it. It sucks, man. It really sucks, but if you're gonna be married, you can't be all that free anyway. Think about it. If you were a government bureaucrat reviewing visa applications, and you came across an appli

Timeline

Damn, my last post got cut off. I was saying that maybe the bureaucrat looking at your application might not like it. Again, do what you want. I'm not going to tell you what to do. I'm just going to tell you what I did. It seems to me that the people reviewing this thing are going to want to see a hard worker who is self-sufficient and can support himself and a wife. Just my 2 cents. Also, I've heard rumors that the Manila embassy won't accept co-sponsors. I have no idea if that is true.

Timeline

Man, I just had a thought about your case. You said you're joining the military and in DEP, right? So, I mean, I wouldn't have even filed the petition yet. Can you retract it? Spend your time before bootcamp in the Philippines building evidence and enjoying life with your wife, then drop that I-130 the day before you ship off to MEPS. You're gonna be in boot camp for 2 months, give or take depending on your service, then additional training after that. If you're going in the Marines, you'll be halfway through the USCIS process by the time you're done with AIT. You'll also have a less stringent poverty line for the affidavit of support.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.