jamesekpo

please i need urgent repsonde

5 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Nigeria
Timeline

please i need some one to urgently respond to my problem, i my fiancee made a mistake when filling the DS-156 form, the question was, if i have ever been refused a visa, she said no, and i have been refused in 2006, can i refill another one and take it along with me on the day of my interview which happens to be on the 12 of december?because we already mailed the once she filled to the US consulate, can she send them an an email informing them of the error and then i fill another one and carry it along on the day of my interview, please somebody, any body talk to me now.thanks

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

If she answered that incorrectly, what about the question asking if anyone has ever filed on your behalf?

I don't know how long you and your fiancee' have been together, but being denied a visa in the past is something that you should have discussed before now. If she didn't know the answer to this what else is she just assuming and you haven't disclosed?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Lebanon
Timeline

Of course you can. Just send them an email informing them of the mistake & either tell them that I will send another correct one or tell them you will take the correct one with you to the interview. As for me, they asked for DS 156 on my interview date so I took it with me & I handled it in person :). Don't panic & good luck :).

Timeline

If she answered that incorrectly, what about the question asking if anyone has ever filed on your behalf?

I don't know how long you and your fiancee' have been together, but being denied a visa in the past is something that you should have discussed before now. If she didn't know the answer to this what else is she just assuming and you haven't disclosed?

I must respond with a careful answer. Considering the fact that you are coming out of Nigeria and they are very strict and very hard on this country having been denied BEFORE is a HUGE DEAL. I must caution you to be very honest because they keep the records. If you were denied less than 10yrs ago, was it relative to a marriage situation or even if it was on your own behalf they may suspect foul play. I do suggest that she call and ask them to send it back or just send in a new up dated one...but this time be very specific. You may want to look at your entire application and see if there were any other things that have been omitted. I'm not trying to scare you I just want you to be very accurate. My husband and I have been where you are right now and it's imperative that you answer each question honestly and check behind yourselves before you mail it. I agree with Olomi you must be perfectly sure before you mail things off. Take this advice from your Nigerian co-hearts who have been thru the process and who's husbands are here in the states. We know how "hard and difficult " they can be. Blessings unto you!

The World is Yours to Experience....Venture out into it and find Love!

Timeline

I agree with LAGOSLOVE & Olami_811 proceed with caution for you are dealing with Nigeria. If not careful they might view this as a sign of deceive or a cover up. Make sure you both are aware of the facts involved, as LAGOSLOVE suggested review your entire application on hand for any other mishaps prior to filling out any new forms or emailing them. Good luck.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.