jpkeswim

I130 Returned

6 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Okay our I-130 was returned today to us. I live in the UK with my husband who is a British citizen. I have only been here for 5 months and I am on a Limited leave to remain visa. So I applied with the USCIS servicing center in Nebraska like the USCIS website said to do. Then today when we got the packet back I called the Customer Service 1800 number and they told us to file with our office in London. She wasn't to friendly on the phone though. So I went to the USCIS website again and double checked that we sent it to the right people and we did...what should I do now? Where should we file our forms...I want to get the ball rolling!!! Any help would be appreciated!!

Thanks in Advance

Baby Boy born on November 24th 2008

Received Visa Feb 10th 2008

Waiting for appointment at Embassy on April 7th for Baby's passport and report of birth abroad!!!

After three long years moving back to America on May 4th 2008

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Sounds like they are suggesting that you file for DCF in London, since you are semi resident in the UK, I think the USCIS is doing you a favor, which is rare form for them.

See the page on London's website: http://www.usembassy.org.uk/cons_new/visa/iv/ivprocess.html

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...om&page=dcf

Much, faster than through USCIS and NVC

Edited by YuAndDan

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

Filed: Timeline

jpkeswim,

Did the returned petition have any kind of notice with it explaining why it was being returned? If so, what did it say?

Yodrak

Okay our I-130 was returned today to us. I live in the UK with my husband who is a British citizen. I have only been here for 5 months and I am on a Limited leave to remain visa. So I applied with the USCIS servicing center in Nebraska like the USCIS website said to do. .....

Timeline

Thanks for the info...but what it says on the USCIS website is to file with Nebraska since I have only lived here for 5months and only have limited leave to remain status. URGH!

We will call the embassy in London...hopefully they can help!!!

jpkeswim,

Did the returned petition have any kind of notice with it explaining why it was being returned? If so, what did it say?

Yodrak

All it said was that we need to file for our Consulate or the US Embassy at our USCIS overseas office. Then the wrote Your payment is being returned at this time.

It is a standard form that they send to people if they have improperly filed, paid the incorrect amount, etc.....

Okay our I-130 was returned today to us. I live in the UK with my husband who is a British citizen. I have only been here for 5 months and I am on a Limited leave to remain visa. So I applied with the USCIS servicing center in Nebraska like the USCIS website said to do. .....

Waiting for appointment at Embassy on April 7th for Baby's passport and report of birth abroad!!!

Filed: Timeline

jpkeswim,

Good. Don't call the embassy, call the USCIS' London office. Better yet, visit the USCIS' London office with the petition and that notice in hand. They may be receptive to you if you show them that USCIS-Nebraska has refused to accept your petition for processing and has instructed you to submit it to USCIS-London instead.

Alternatively, get the USCIS' London office to give you a document stating that they will not accept the petition for processing, which you can include when you send the petition back to Nebraska.

Yodrak

All it said was that we need to file for our Consulate or the US Embassy at our USCIS overseas office. Then the wrote Your payment is being returned at this time.

It is a standard form that they send to people if they have improperly filed, paid the incorrect amount, etc.....

Thanks for the info...but what it says on the USCIS website is to file with Nebraska since I have only lived here for 5months and only have limited leave to remain status. URGH!

We will call the embassy in London...hopefully they can help!!!

jpkeswim,

Yodrak

Edited by Yodrak

Timeline

I checked and the London office doesn't accept walk ins! So we called information and got the number and hopefully I can actually explain my situation to them. The women I spoke today on the 1800 wasn't much help and made me read our form back to hear and she was like well they are saying to file in your jurisdiction in the UK. I was like I know but that's not what the USCIS website says. I will call the office tomorrow and hopefully get a better answer.....I will let you know...

Thanks for all the help and hopefully we can get the ball rolling!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.