1 post in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline

I apologize if some of these questions have been answered. I am just nervous about this as there are some bad stories I have read lately. Do they usually give people a hard time or is this part of the process generally pretty straight forward (especially with the evidence listed below).

One question regarding the paperwork and the fee. Do I need to send $590 and an I-751 for biometrics and removing conditions for my wife, and then another set of paperwork and fees for my step-son? Or does my wifes I-751 cover my son, along with her fee?

Are documents/statements I print out from online source acceptable? Almost all of my statements are online only, but if I need to I will call and have original statements/bills sent if I can.

Also, I am getting ready to send in my I-751 documents to USCIS for my wife and step-son. Here is what I have to send..

• Copies of the passports, green cards and Social Security cards for my wife and step son.

• Birth certificate and passport for our (2 year old) daughter.

• Two sworn affidavits by U.S. citizen friends and family, attesting to our relationship and marriage.

• Copy of the tax statement for 2010 and 2011.

• Many bank statements every few months from 2010 - present from our joint bank account.

• A recent utility statement.

• Letter from my company regarding the designation of my life insurance and medical benefits/coverage regarding my wife and children.

• Property tax statement showing us as the primary names responsible for the residence we currently reside at.

• Copies of various car insurance notices.

• A copy of our airline reservations for a vacation that we planned and took to Japan in November of 2011.

• About 10 photographs of the family at various points over the last 2 years.

• Letter with additional detailed information regarding our relationship and my family.

I do not have any credit cards in both of our names, as with my home loan since my wife does not work.

I would really like some feedback of additional information I should provide. I could not get my wife on the house loan, but she is on the various documents above.

Also, what is the best way to package my documents? In a lose folder? In plastic sleeves?

Thank you so much for any help you can provide.

-

Erroneous

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.