R&J23-10

Basic Initial Form Questions

17 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I followed the K1 guides http://www.visajourney.com/content/k1guide and added more then they probably wanted but I figured its better to send more and them not need it then them sending me an RFE.

My packet included:

Cover Letter

*PAYMENT*

G-1145(highly recommended for peace of mind)

I-129F Form

G-325A from both and 2 copies of passport style photos

Petitioner Birth Certificate

Copy of all pages of Petitioner's passport

Letters of intent from both parties

Proof of us meeting within the last two years including airline tickets/bank statements/boarding passes/hotel receipts/and pictures

Proof of ongoing relationship including: "Our Story" a more detailed story then the brief on I-129 form

I didn't have photos from Ross meeting my friends and family so I got my mother and two friends to write letters about meeting him and had a notary sign them

Skype chat logs

Facebook emails (we took snippets every 6 months because we've been writing since 2008)

Emails to personal accounts

Amazon gift receipts

ect.

If you have any questions I'd be happy to help! This process was nerve racking for me and I'm so glad we shipped it off at the beginning of October.

Aubrey

~You to me are everything; the sweetest song that I could sing.~

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Thank you for the great advice! We will definately include as many pics as we can together and I'll try to include a substantial amount of our emails to one another. Neither of us are nervous about the interview, but we just want to know what to expect. So are we including the "evidence" with the initial documentation AND bringing an additional copy to the interview??? Do we both go through separate interviews initially??? or would Rick be the only one recieving an interview before we get married?

In regards to the tax thing, I'm still in college, so I'm a dependent...is that going to effect us at all???

~Jordan

Hi. The petitioner doesn't have to be there for the interview. For the filing of I-129F, I would include pictures (5 is sufficient) plane tickets, if you don't have them, a copy of passport with bio and date stamps. Proof that you've seen each other within the past two years. Then during the interview, bring along the artillery, so to speak.

So, you're in college. Sorry to be blunt but, yes, that can be an issue. If you have a job that doesn't meet the poverty level, you can ask your parents to CO-SPONSOR you. I'm sure they'll approve of it.

Good luck!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.