kitkat1985

Medical in Sydney

2 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

Hey Guys,

I wanted to get a clear response regarding doing the medical in Sydney. Once you have completed the medical with Dr. Waks, can you pick up the results right afterwards... or will it be mailed to the consulate? How long does it take to get the medical results back? and can copies of the results be requested?

USCIS

03/31/2012: I-129F sent to Dallas Lockbox

04/03/2012: I-129F recieved and sent to VSC

04/06/2012: NOA1 text/email.

04/09/2012: Touched.

04/12/2012: NOA1 hardcopy.

09/06/2012: Service request placed- They advised I should hear something by 9/21

09/17/2012: Received letter from USCIS just to be told i'm within' normal processing time bleh.

10/03/2012: NOA2 text received - Best part is it's our 2nd year anniversary!! Great Gift! :)

Sydney Consulate

10/21/2012: Packet 3 Received

11/30/2012: Sent packet 3

12/27/2012: Received packet 4 Interview date :)

01/22/2013: Medical completed

02/05/2013: Interview date status: APPROVED 306 Days!!

02/22/2013: Visa in Hand

02/24/2013: POE- Dallas, TX- then connecting flight home!

Total Time it took to complete our K1 process- 10 months and 3 weeks!!! INSANE! (325 days)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

Hey Kitkat

The way it normally works is as follows:

1. Get an appointment.

2. Prior to the appointment, get the details of immunization records. If you don't have the records go to your GP and he will do a blood test to determine the immunization you have taken (it normally takes 3-4 days for the results, but it could vary). In case you haven't take any immunization shots, you can tell the GP to give you or Dr Waks clinic can give you.

3. The day of the appointment, the doctor will go through all the questions and procedure etc including the x-ray and blood test. The doctor won't be able to give you a conclusive result as the x-ray and blood examination won't be available. Please don't forget to carry a prepaid express envelope.

4. Once all the reports and results are ready (normally it takes 3-4 days after the examination), the doctor will either send you a white sealed envelope (consulate copy) along with a copy of the reports (for your reference) in the prepaid envelope (scenario 1) or the doctor will send the consulate copy directly to the consulate and send you a copy of the reports (scenario 2). If the scenario 1 happens you just need to mail the white sealed envelope to the US consulate (Sydney office).

That's all you need to do. When you go for the appointment, the doctor or the assistant will explain in detail what you require to do. So I suggest don't stress out.

Hope the above answers all your questions.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.