ShakGill

Advice Needed Please

7 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Hey Y'all

I'm an American citizen and have been staying with my fiancee (female) in Pakistan for the past 2 and a half months. According to the VJ timeline, we should hopefully get our NOA2 within the next month, and then hopefully will get her interview scheduled and done within the next couple of months, so I'll have been here for around 6 months. I just wanted to hear from y'all weather you think it will be an issue for the customs people or the interviewer that I've stayed this long in a country with such a hazardous security situation and a country that is definitely not a favorite of immigration officials. I would love to hear from y'all with any thoughts and comments in this matter. Thanks in advance.

Timeline

We just went through this process, and Recieved our NOA2 in June and interveiw as just a few days ago in October, so tht would mean roughly about 5 to 6 months more wait time given things go smoothly. Could of things you may want to consider are that all cases are required to file an afidavit of support which include 3 years of past income and a current income above the poverty guideline and a current form of income also. And a recent development has been that applicants have been placed on AP beause the Petitioner does not meet the required needs to comply with the affidavit of support. Cosponcers was not permitted to be used in the Fiance application however is permitted in the CR1(married) catagory.

common questions that are asked at the K1 interview are.

How did you meet your fiance?

How long have you known each other?

Why are you not getting married here in pakistan it is cheaper and usualy customary to get married at the girls home town? etc

Go through the Counsolate review and you will see many questions that have been asked if you are able to answer them without an issue i dont think the interviewing agent will have any reason to refuse visa. Just be honest with all questions and answer to the best of your ability and learn from others mistakes in the visa application process and you should be in good standings.

Timeline

I work with my family in our business, so that is how I managed to get so much time off work. Are you sure that co-sponsors are not allowed for the fiancee visa? Because according to my attorney's, it is allowed. Thanks for the replies so far y'all.

Timeline

I work with my family in our business, so that is how I managed to get so much time off work. Are you sure that co-sponsors are not allowed for the fiancee visa? Because according to my attorney's, it is allowed. Thanks for the replies so far y'all.

Attorney = waist of time and $ for visa process specially when its simple and strait forward.

Anyways do some searches its apparently a new trend my fiance saw someone who was told the same thing at her interview some overlook it . Just depends let us know how it goes for you but there were multiple discussion on this topic for Islamabad embassy.

Timeline

Wow that sucks, how can they possibly justify different things for different people?? I've heard that people who are using far-off relatives or friends as co-sponsors are the one not being allowed to do so. Our co-sponsor would be my father, and he is only co-sponsoring to help me meet the minimum income requirements since I'm a full-time student and am being supported by my family while I get through school. Any other May filers getting ready for their NOA2's?? I'll hope and pray that everyone who has legit cases gets approved quickly. Thankfully they've started sending applications from various other visa categories to other processing centers which is helping speed up the Vermont Service Center filers cases. Good luck to everyone!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.