54 posts in this topic

So sorry! I know what you mean about marrying just to prove you love him. You want your wedding day to be special and you want to have it where you want to have it. I pray all works out well for you and Kingsley. God is able to supply your every need.

So sorry :( Where there's a will, there's a way and I hope you find your way together soon!

07/10: Met online, began exchanging emails, texts, and Skype
10/22/10: First time meeting in person!

03/17/12: Officially engaged in London!!

I-130 (IR-1/CR-1 Visa) Journey:

04/14/12: Married in front of the Bellagio Hotel in Las Vegas, Nevada!!
04/23/12: Mailed I-130 to Phoenix, AZ Lockbox
04/25/12: NOA 1, Priority Date, Routed to CSC
04/28/12: Check for petition cleared bank account
07/23/12: NOA 2
07/27/12: Petition arrived at NVC
08/15/12: NVC Case Number received over the phone, DS3032 email sent
08/16/12: IIN assigned
08/22/12: AOS Bill Invoiced and Paid, Sent DS-3032 email again
08/24/12: DS-3032 Accepted (email received from NVC)
08/27/12: IV Bill Invoiced and Paid
08/28/12: AOS Bill Shows PAID
08/28/12: Mailed AOS Packet
08/28/12: IV Bill Shows PAID
08/28/12: Mailed IV Packet
09/07/12: AOS Packet Received and Accepted by NVC
09/05/12: IV Packet Received and Accepted by NVC
09/07/12: Case Complete
10/09/12: Medical
10/15/12: Interview! APPROVED!!
10/19/12: Visa in Hand, Delivered at 2:55pm GMT
10/20/12: POE at LAX, Flight arrives at 7:15pm
10/23/12: Went to local SSA office, applied for SSN
10/27/12: Social Security card arrived by mail
11/6/12: Green Card arrived in the mail!

I-751 Journey (Removal of Conditions)

07/23/14: Sent ROC Paperwork to CSC

07/25/14: NOA Received

07/29/14: Check for application & biometrics cleared bank

08/18/14: Biometrics Completed

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Sorry for the wait.. but it's a no for us... Yes.. my kingsley is highly upset. I can't get through to him bad connection.. but what he managed to say before breaking down on the phone. Was everything was fine then she kept going back to the file, and focusing on my sons father. She was trying to get him t believe that we are still together.. That the reason I never took the job in Qatar(how kingsley and I meet) Is because I must still be in love with my son's father. Even though, though I included a copy of my promotion and promotion pay in the file as to why I turned down the job. and even though My sons father is engaged and slated to be married in the spring.. I'm hurt the most because of all the things the could have flagged me for me being older, a short window to have more kids, or etc. The trumphed up some bullshit excuse... Sooo I'm not sure what to do know.. I have no problem marrying him now, but feel that it won't be the same..Like I'm doing it to prove to "them" we love each other.. Not sure if I can appeal, or write to congressman, or what.. Sooo goodluck to the next ones in line... By the way my school blocks face book so please feel free to post in the African married groups we are a part of..

Peace,

Chi

I know the disappointment must feel overwhelming right now, but this is only a temporary delay. God has the final say! I know you will process what happened and bounce back into action and will overcome the second round. It is never over until God says it is over. God will lead you and your husband in the next steps to take. Many prayers are with you. Waiting on good news very soon! God bless.

USCIS

Sent I-130 Petition - 11-23-11

NOA1 - 11-25-11

Sent K-3 Petition - 12-13-11

NOA1 - 12-14-11

RFE for I-130 - 6-4-12

Submitted RFE Info - 8-23-12

Request to Withdraw K-3 Sent - 8-25-12

NOA2 I-130 APPROVED - 8-27-12

NOA2 K-3 APPROVED - 8-27-12

I-797C received in the mail for I-130 ad K-3 - 8-31-12

I-130 was approved 254 days from NOA1 date

NVC

NVC Received/Email Notification - 9-5-12

NVC Case # - 9-5-12

Emailed DS-3032 - 9-6-12

Paid I-864 Fee - 9-6-2012

I-864 PAID - 9-10-12

Sent I-864 - 9-29-12

I-864 accepted - 10-11-12

Sent IV Packet - 9-29-12

RFE for DS230 - 10-11-12

Response to RFE received - 10-15-12

IV Packet accepted

Paid IV bill - 9-10-12

IV bill PAID - 9-20-12

Case Complete

???

USCIS request case be returned to them - 10-18-12

NVC reports case sent back on - 10-22-12

Timeline

Sorry for the wait.. but it's a no for us... Yes.. my kingsley is highly upset. I can't get through to him bad connection.. but what he managed to say before breaking down on the phone. Was everything was fine then she kept going back to the file, and focusing on my sons father. She was trying to get him t believe that we are still together.. That the reason I never took the job in Qatar(how kingsley and I meet) Is because I must still be in love with my son's father. Even though, though I included a copy of my promotion and promotion pay in the file as to why I turned down the job. and even though My sons father is engaged and slated to be married in the spring.. I'm hurt the most because of all the things the could have flagged me for me being older, a short window to have more kids, or etc. The trumphed up some bullshit excuse... Sooo I'm not sure what to do know.. I have no problem marrying him now, but feel that it won't be the same..Like I'm doing it to prove to "them" we love each other.. Not sure if I can appeal, or write to congressman, or what.. Sooo goodluck to the next ones in line... By the way my school blocks face book so please feel free to post in the African married groups we are a part of..

Peace,

Chi

I am sorry for what happened to you and your loved ones. but dont give up. last year in semptember, My husband was denied the fiance visa, so I went home the same month and we did the court marriage, I came back and reapplied, and by the grace of God was approved for the CR-1 visa yesterday. It can be done, all hope is not lost. I know its not fair but if you go the fiance way again, it could turned downed again. So just calm down, it will be fine. Get legal advice or hire an attorney to help this time, Go back home as soon as you can, do the court marriage and reapply. I know it looks like a long time, I felt that way too last year, but before you know it, hes here. Please dont give up.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I am so sorry that you are going through this. It must be painful enough to prove to a complete stranger that you love your partner, but then for it to be thrown back in your face is a nothing thing.

Don't give up! Your love will prevail! If you cannot wait to refile (which I am sure you can't, and I don't blame you!) then just get married and go down the other path to happiness! :thumbs:

Good Luck!!

MY PROPOSAL AT WRESTLEMANIA 28, FL

♥ Love Timeline ♥

11/11/2003 ~ We met online on a wrestling forum & MySpace promoting the same music band

14/07/2005 ~ Lost contact with each other :(

10/05/2010 ~ We got back in contact, re-establishing our friendship

25/06/2010 ~ Confessed our love for one another, officially a couple! ^_^

29/03/2011 ~ Flew to the USA to meet each other for the first time in Atlanta, GA

10/10/2011 ~ Flew to the USA for a surprise visit in her hometown of Chattanooga, TN

14/01/2012 ~ Flew to TN for a medical emergency; she was hospitalised

23/03/2012 ~ Flew to TN to take her for her first holiday to Miami, FL

29/03/2012 ~ Proposed to her in front of her favourite WWE wrestler CM Punk, she said YES!!!

♥ K-1 Timeline ♥

29/05/2012 ~ I-129f Sent

14/06/2012 ~ NOA1 Received (VSC)

??/??/???? ~ NOA2 Received

Timeline

I am sorry for what happened to you and your loved ones. but dont give up. last year in semptember, My husband was denied the fiance visa, so I went home the same month and we did the court marriage, I came back and reapplied, and by the grace of God was approved for the CR-1 visa yesterday. It can be done, all hope is not lost. I know its not fair but if you go the fiance way again, it could turned downed again. So just calm down, it will be fine. Get legal advice or hire an attorney to help this time, Go back home as soon as you can, do the court marriage and reapply. I know it looks like a long time, I felt that way too last year, but before you know it, hes here. Please dont give up.

Dazzie , I was hoping I can discuss with you your refiling process. I plan to be married in Nov. would love to hear how your complied all your evidence and other important documents..

Chi

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

So sorry to hear that, I can understand how you feel. My case is at NVC undergoing administravive processing now and I feel like #######...I can understand how you feel. Cant the denial be appealed?

Timeline

Definitely, I would love to help, in any way I can. Just send me a message. I am glad, that u have made up your mind on what to do.. It is well. God will make a way. So pls feel free to ask as many question as you want, I will be very happy to help. Take care.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.