Bromero

I-134 newly employed

3 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hi! I was reading someone else's thread, but did not want to hijack so I made my own. The concern was that you have to prove you have met the income guideline for three years. Does this apply to everyone no ifs, ands, or buts? Honestly, I can't remember filing income tax my mother handled that for me up until last year. But up until last year I basically was not making any money because I was a full-time student. We held off on sending the petition until I had a job because nobody (and I mean NOBODY) will cosponsor him.

Is it going to be an issue that this is my first year above the guideline? Last year I made a whole $11k (thanks PetSmart and full-time unpaid student teaching)...

Is it going to be an issue that I am a first year teacher so technically speaking my job is temporary? Basically the way my district works is you are hired as a temp teacher for a few years, then probationary for two, and then tenure. So technically and legally they could fire me at any given moment.

Thanks for the input!

Our Timeline

Nov. 6, 2010 ~ Met playing Left 4 Dead 2!

Nov. 21, 2010 ~ Made it Facebook official ;)

Jan. 18, 2011 ~ Held hands for the first time on U.S. soil

July 26, 2011 ~ Met his family in Canada

July 30, 2011 ~ A question, a ring, a puppy, and a YES!

Sept. 19, 2012 ~ Overnighted I-129F packet

Sept. 30, 2012 ~ NOA1 received, dated 9/21

Every day since ~ In love, in waiting, impatient!

event.png

event.png

event.png

event.png

Timeline

Um, from what I know the K1 is based off of current income. My fiance did not meet the requirement last year either since he was on unemployment. I just had our interview in Montreal and it was approved! I brought in his tax information for the last couple of years anyways. I also brought a letter from his employer, and a bunch of his pay stubs to our interview. If you have anything in savings you can also put that on your I-134 form.

I worked at PetSmart for a couple of years, I feel your pain *chuckle*

Timeline

Thank you! I also love the US-Canada commonality. Phew. My big concern now is that temporary in my job title. =\. But that's just how it is in teaching.

Haha yeah... Good times. *cough*

Our Timeline

Nov. 6, 2010 ~ Met playing Left 4 Dead 2!

Nov. 21, 2010 ~ Made it Facebook official ;)

Jan. 18, 2011 ~ Held hands for the first time on U.S. soil

July 26, 2011 ~ Met his family in Canada

July 30, 2011 ~ A question, a ring, a puppy, and a YES!

Sept. 19, 2012 ~ Overnighted I-129F packet

Sept. 30, 2012 ~ NOA1 received, dated 9/21

Every day since ~ In love, in waiting, impatient!

event.png

event.png

event.png

event.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.